DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Old War

Go down 
+5
laurendelore
liveit
jward326
Jukebox Romeo
Vibes
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 5:41 pm

i just got their 2009 album "Only Way To Be Alone" and it's pretty killer modern folk. If you're going to see Gaslight's American tour, they're playing together a couple of shows. You definitely owe it to yourself to check Good Old War out ahead of time
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:07 pm

yeah man, i checked 'em out a while ago. they got a few really good songs, especially Coney Island, but there are a few pretty weak songs on there. and i guess they've been getting no love whatsoever from the Gaslight crowd so far, which is too bad, 'cause they're actually pretty good
Back to top Go down
jward326
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jward326

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:20 pm

Seen them last night in columbus they were ok but totally didnt fit the bill with gaslight really lame way to start and awesome show
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:24 pm

I felt the opposite, I like them better than Heartless Bastards and thought it was a graet way to start the show. I was concerned a little with them, and Pela, that TGA fans wouldn't like them. I think it's awesome for TGA to take them on tour- hope people take the time to check them out too. Glad you guys did. The more I listen the more I like them.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:34 am

actually, everyone in Cleveland went nuts for them. idk why, but they acted like they're the greatest band ever
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:39 pm

That's awesome. Glad to hear it actually!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:53 pm

yeah, they even asked them to play one more song, which they did. and then today, i re-downloaded their album and gave it another listen, and it really is a great album. i must not have been in the right mood the first time
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:37 am

Weird how that happens- I did the same thing with Ninja Gun. Listened to them and was, eh. Listened to them a few weeks later and was WOW. Really like them. Super nice too! I really thought Good Old War might get a thumbs down for this tour- wicked awesome it seems to be the other way around. Give them a big boost in their popularity I'm sure. I'm thankful to TGA for introducing me to so many really good bands- ones I know would go unheard by me otherwise.
Back to top Go down
laurendelore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
laurendelore

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:18 pm

They're awesome.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:09 pm

I think they're an incredible band and are a great way to open up this tour. All 3 members have a lot of talent in a lot of different areas. Their album is top notch, too.

Let's not forget to mention that their singer/key player looks like Charlie Kelly from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:59 am

I'm seeing them and Dave Hause in a few hours for Record Store Day. Redownloading the album to see if I can get into it this time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:36 pm

am i the only one who found good old war to be a total snooze? it just seemed like song after song about a lame relationship. im not trying to be a jerk or make a comment about their talent...i just thought they were so boring. my least favorite out of all the opening bands i saw em play with on this tour. however, at every show, most of the people around me seemed to be fairly psyched to see em...
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:58 am

I just interviewed them today for punkews. Should be up in the coming weeks. Good guys, great music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
justin13088
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
justin13088

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:32 pm

I thought they were pretty damn good. Very talented. It's not every day you see a drummer pick up an accordion at a show and start playing it. Excellent band.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:51 am

well yeah, like i said, not trying to comment on their talent or anything. i guess they're just not my kind of music. im surprised i seem to be the only one though. but i did think it was cool that he busted out with the accordion...and it sounded good.
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:47 pm

I may not have liked them as much live if I wasn't already familiar with their music- I think that made a difference. Anyway- here's a link with an interview with them- Fake Problems too...........

http://www.issueoriented.com/podcast/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Old War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old War   Good Old War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Old War
Page 1 of 1