DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Charlotte / Nickleback

Go down 
+9
Daire
thecosmickid
ktp
Palmer89
Stevearm
steph
simo
tdawg
mescalero
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

Good Charlotte / Nickleback Empty
PostSubject: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:11 pm

ok, i guess the name of this topic could've been "bands that you hate" or something along those lines, but i didn't want it to sound too negative. anyways, there are lots of bands that i love and support, but there are also just a few that i really can't stand.

good charlotte was really popular when i was in high school/just starting college, and i really couldn't stand them at all. i just thought they were totally fake and wannabe "punk rockers" and got WAY more play than they deserved. and i just moved back to idaho for school (from san diego) and there are NO even semi-decent radio stations here, everybody plays nickleback. i don't know how many songs they have, but they all sound the same to me.

anyways, if there are any bands that fall into the "i'd rather go deaf than listen to this" category for you, here's the outlet for your frustration. i know that tGA attracts a diverse group of listeners, so don't be offended or try to be overly-mean spirited, everybody has different tastes.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:27 pm

I don't hate on Nickelback too much, as I've already argued in this thread I think they have some songs with merit.
I generally don't hate on any particular song or music too much, because I figure maybe I just don't understand it. There were tons of haters when Beethoven wrote his Grosse Fugue, but now it's hailed as monumental and a turning point in music.
There is one group, however, that I feel has no musical merit and never will. That coupled with the fact that they have a terrible fanbase that seriously annoy me and do no good for anyone, makes me absolutely abhor The Insane Clown Posse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:04 am

i respect your opinion tdawg, and realize that i may have been a little harsh on nickleback. i actually don't think i could say that i hate them, because i think i just feel completely indifferent towards them. i wish them all the best in their subway commercials and ability to sell ridiculous amounts of albums.

i still hate good charlotte.

oh, and i've been blessed in my life to never have met any fans of ICP, but from what i've heard, i totally agree w/you on that.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2pXfAK8r1k
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:33 am

oh BLECH. nickelback is one of, no, probably, the top band that i cannot stand. they are everything that is wrong with music. dont get me started on my nickelback rant...

good charlotte, they're just funny. they're harmless "punk rockers". i mean come on...how do you not love this song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_mhpRz0liA or this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCrB-OoPNOI&feature=channel"i got brass knuckles hangin' from my neck and my chain"
i truly enjoy those songs, the same way i enjoy milli vanilli, haha.

they sing about "lifestyles of the rich and famous," mocking the rich and famous, and then date...nicole richie and paris hilton? two people who symbolize empty headed, consumerism, "celebutantes"... you see my point? they're kinda too ridiculously dumb to be harmless.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:38 am

Not a fan of Nickleback, I agree all of there stuff sounds the same, but I will say they are DEFINITELY better than ICP...It's impossible for me to describe my hatred towards them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:45 am

One word: Coldplay.

Maybe more to follow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:15 pm

here are some bands i do really not like and/or are overrated in my opinion:

system of a down
red hot chili peppers (i may be the only person in the world not to like them)
the killers
mando diao
frank ferdinand
arctic monkeys
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Tomaldo wrote:
One word: Coldplay.

Maybe more to follow.

Agreed, can add U2 to that as well.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:15 pm

good charlotte may not make the best music but i tend to just watch their videos with the sound down!! if ya get my drift?! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:33 pm

i'll second system of a down. i don't really understand what's so great about franz ferdinand as well.

i was actually bagging on u2 to a guy that i used to work with who was also into music, and he said that he didn't mind u2 because he said that he remembered when they weren't so bad. i think it might've helped that he was more than a decade older than me.

and just to add to my reasoning behind my huge distaste for good charlotte, i think that on top of everything else, they were also a huge influence on a great number of equally horrible bands that came after them.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Tokio Hotel
They suck!! Former models who want to make more money and a record company makes a "band" out of them. They're despicable.

I can add most big Japanese bands to that too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:17 pm

can't understand what's so special about coldplay either.

oh and here i got another band that is really huge over here and i can not understand why:
dream theater... at least they are nothing overwhelming to me...
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:10 pm

Haha, I love Dream Theater! But they're so unknown here except in music circles, it's like the opposite of Austria I guess.
I think the trouble is, you've never seen them perform live or on DVD, right? Check out Hollow Years from Live at Budokon. Probably can catch it on YouTube. You'll see what it's all about. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:07 am

I agree on U2. I don't hate them in the same way as Coldplay, as I don't get the fuss over Coldplay's music. With U2, it's the people in the band I can't stand, though I assume they were ok before they got massive. I was reading an interview with Caleb and Nathan Followill (Kings of Leon) the other day and they were talking about how Bono's been married for much of his career, and Caleb pitched in with 'but Bono loves himself'. Glad it's not just me who sees it then.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:57 am

It's like that old joke, what's the difference between Bono and God?
God doesn't think he's Bono.

Have to say, I can't stand any of the bands already mentioned. IMO Chris Martin is the biggest turdmuncher ever. Wtf is with drawing that shit on his arms and face? Jesus he annoys me so much. And his music's shit (imo again).

I'd also add Snow Patrol to my list. Cheer up a bit lads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:04 pm

hmm, snow patrol's music is not bad, but really boring.
they got very popular here in austria after "chasing cars" had been the teme song for "grey's anatomy", which is boring for me to, but my flatmates watch it every monday =)

@tdawg, you are right with expecting me to never have seen them alive. and i don't feel a need to, just because they do not attract me, that's it.
but if i ever get to see them by incidence, like on a festival, i am going to tell you how i found them.
it happens quite often, that on festivals i get to see bands because of my friends, that i actually don't like but that i admit to be nevertheless a good live band.

happened with placebo this year: i am actually not really into them, but went to their concert together with two friends and they were real good live.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:11 pm

I don't get all the U2 hate...they seem like nice enough guys. Sure, the music has been lacking recently, but anybody who hates them needs to give their earlier stuff a try.

I was just listening to the "Unforgettable Fire" album yesterday. It's one of my favorites along with "War".

Also, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I hear some U2 influence in TGA.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I saw U2 live a few years back. It was really one of the most amazing concerts I've been to. The only thing annoying was people complaining about Bono's politics at the show. Surely you knew about that in advance, before you bought $100 tickets?
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 5:32 pm

Nickelback is pure evil! In my opnion, nothing but mediocre, age-old garbge!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 5:58 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
Nickelback is pure evil! In my opnion, nothing but mediocre, age-old garbge!

I HATE their cover of the Goast of Tom Joad! Ratm's is great but when they do it...yuckie!
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:14 pm

simo wrote:
I don't get all the U2 hate...they seem like nice enough guys. Sure, the music has been lacking recently, but anybody who hates them needs to give their earlier stuff a try.

I was just listening to the "Unforgettable Fire" album yesterday. It's one of my favorites along with "War".

Also, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I hear some U2 influence in TGA.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I saw U2 live a few years back. It was really one of the most amazing concerts I've been to. The only thing annoying was people complaining about Bono's politics at the show. Surely you knew about that in advance, before you bought $100 tickets?

Yeah in february I went to see TGA in a venue (500 people maximum) where U2 played in their earlier career. Brian said that it was pretty crazy that U2 played there and was talking about an early U2. Brian was interrupted because somebody was yelling 'The 59 Sound!' After that Brian took a stab at the yelling guy by saying 'yeah U2 had a great album called The 59 Sound with a great song on it called The 59 Sound. We're now going to play an song by U2 called The '59 Sound'

and yeah I can hear a early U2 sound in The Backseat.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Yeah, The Backseat was what I was referring to in my post. Glad I'm not the only one!
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:42 am

I'm with simo on the U2 thing. I wouldn't say they're the greatest band ever, but they have some outstanding music. Listening to A Beautiful Day picks me up whenever I have a dark day. Bloody Sunday, One, Staring at the Sun... lots of good ones in there I feel.
Some might see Bono as self-righteous, but I think he's sincere in trying to bring attention to the plight of those suffering in the world. Without people like that, we generally ignore what happens overseas in countries that don't directly affect us.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:53 am

I can't believe someone here doesn't like the chilli peppers, one listen to blood sugar sex magik will change all that for you, sir.

Also, while I like u2, I don't really pay much attention to Bono. But I did kinda worry when I picked up a book and the forward was written by him. It was about developmental economics.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:16 am

andy.mac wrote:
I can't believe someone here doesn't like the chilli peppers, one listen to blood sugar sex magik will change all that for you, sir.

It just goes to show that you can't please everybody!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Charlotte / Nickleback   Good Charlotte / Nickleback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Charlotte / Nickleback
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next