DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June

Go down 
+11
carson
Penelope
steady now steady now
JadedGoober7
The Major
Snap
tricksatthebar
kieran
Stalls_Standing
ktp
fools_gold
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:56 am

we were right at the front at the barrier in front of alex r, wasn't giving that space up either! Razz we seem to always end up there so look out next time!

nah we couldn't get there any earlier cos we were both at work and went for an ace curry before (at a curryhouse opposite kentish town station definately go if you get the chance!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:42 am

Haven't been at the front for ages (esp. not a good idea when exams are coming up), but will be there next time and will look out for you Smile

Thanks for the tip! We had Camden chinese, which is never the best idea in the world... Also the walk to Kentish Town didn't help, what with getting slightly lost and bus drivers being very rude when asking for directions.

Also what did you think of the support? Didn't think WBYT were too bad, but quite liked Mando Diao. Enjoyed them more live than what I heard off their site.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:12 am

thought mando diao were ace! missed the 1st band tho we arrived as they finished but had a good boogie to mando diao!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:31 am

I really wish I went now I hope Dinosaur Jr is worth missing it for.

Im also really happy they keep pulling wherefore out of the bag as that is probably my fave song and I have only seen it live once.
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:30 am

ktp wrote:
Bit of a different crowd to other Gaslight gigs - they were a bit older and a big mix of people.

Bit confused by your thoughts on this...it's always what i thought was refreshing about the band , that I' ve seen all kinds of people at the Gaslight shows I've been to. Getting to become a bit of a magnet for the skinny jeans , skintight v-neck jumper wannabe gromits tho'. Which shows you been to?

ktp wrote:
We should get badges made up so that if we pass anyone at a gig we know they're from the forum!

Yeah but instead mebbe we could all have t-shirts printed up and like a logo TGArmy or something like that?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:09 pm

That was great, every bit as good as I had expected and more so.

I am sorry I didn't get to meet any of you though.

I hung out back most of the afternoon and had a great time talking with Brian and Benny and watching the Guardian photo shoot. I had Brian and Benny to myself for quite a while, and later Benny joined me and some others for a good half hour or more. Met the Alexs too, as well as Hollie.

Got a spot on the rail right in front of Brian (but only got one ok pic [see below], as my compact digital is really old and I couldn't take my DSLR).

The support was better than expected. The contrast between Mando Diao and TGA was fun. Those guys had a no. 1 album in Germany, they had way more tech guys, etc., coordinated outfits, a backdrop, fog. After that, TGA could really shine as a no nonsense rock and roll band. And Brian really does rule on stage.

I only got home at 6.15 am and still can't hear properly, but it was well worth it.

Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 TnBrianlive

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
The Major
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:35 pm

JadedGoober7 wrote:

Yeah but instead mebbe we could all have t-shirts printed up and like a logo TGArmy or something like that?

Good idea...better still...we could all wear deerstalker hats and tweed jackets...we'd certainly stand out in the crowd then...
Back to top Go down
The Major
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:39 pm

kieran wrote:

I think you'll end up regretting choosing to see Dinosaur Jr rather than last night's show. Dinosaur Jr are appalling live
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:33 pm

The Major wrote:
kieran wrote:

I think you'll end up regretting choosing to see Dinosaur Jr rather than last night's show. Dinosaur Jr are appalling live

I worked it out on the basis I am seeing Gaslight twice this summer and have already seen them 4 times. So Dino Jr got the edge but that sucks You're living all over me is one of my fave albums (one of many) will have to see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
fivelongdays
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:41 pm

I thought the band were excellent, and the crowd were really up for it - but did anyone else feel a tad concerned about the sound quality? It wasn't the clearest, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:19 pm

JadedGoober7 wrote:
ktp wrote:
Bit of a different crowd to other Gaslight gigs - they were a bit older and a big mix of people.

Bit confused by your thoughts on this...it's always what i thought was refreshing about the band , that I' ve seen all kinds of people at the Gaslight shows I've been to. Getting to become a bit of a magnet for the skinny jeans , skintight v-neck jumper wannabe gromits tho'. Which shows you been to?

ktp wrote:
We should get badges made up so that if we pass anyone at a gig we know they're from the forum!

with the crowd i just felt it was a bit older than the other gig's i've been to and Stalls Standing agreed with me. wasn't a problem or anything it just looked like there were more professionals around in shirts straight from work and less younger people. it's cool that they can appreal to everyone!

t-shirts would be quite cool. dunno how we'd work it out getting them printed or badges made but would be a cool idea in the long run!

The Major - loved the deer stalker and tweed idea! might get a bit hot though. shall we accessorise with a pipe as well?! fits in with your screen name too!

Stead Now Steady Now - ace photos in the other thread with the guys. we must have been about 5-10 people away from each other by the railing.

oh and yeah i thought the sound was a bit funny too. think alex r kept having a bit of trouble with his guitar cos some of the effects weren't working.

as per usual though it was a great night and loved the atmosphere! bring on the next tour!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:24 pm

All the gigs I have been to at the forum seem to attract more professionals in shirts or straight from work in my experience.

At Manu Chao I had person after person walk past.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:55 am

ktpStead Now Steady Now wrote:
- ace photos in the other thread with the guys. we must have been about 5-10 people away from each other by the railing.

Thanks, KTP. I'm sorry I missed you. From your pics with Brian and Benny, I should be able to recognize you next time.

As for the sound, I couldn't really hear Brian at all, but there was a girl behind me, who knew all the words and who sang in tune.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:18 pm

fivelongdays wrote:
I thought the band were excellent, and the crowd were really up for it - but did anyone else feel a tad concerned about the sound quality? It wasn't the clearest, that's for sure.

I started off about halfway back toward the centre and for the first few songs the sound was quite poor, could barely hear the guitars, eventually I ended up going down the front and it was much better there. I don't think the Forum is particularly noted for its great acoustics though.

However, the band put on an excellent show and it was a good crowd, for atmosphere of the gigs I've seen this year I'd say Norwich was the best (Bristol, Nottingham and this one being the others I've seen) but performance wise there's not been much to pick between, all have been excellent. Looking forward to Glasto.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:21 pm

The Norwich show is the 2nd best UK show I've seen from them, SO Good!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:47 pm

Mine is the ULU show for sure that was something special.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Yeah that's my number one. They will NEVER top that in UK. I'm 100% sure of that.

Norwich was fucking great though.
Back to top Go down
carson
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
carson

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:48 pm

great gig, i had a really good time...much better for me than the shepbush gig, only because i was sitting at shepherds bush. Was right down near the front at the centre, cant wait for hyde park and reading. Do they never play i coulda been a contender?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/joshgnr
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:38 am

kieran wrote:
Mine is the ULU show for sure that was something special.

definately! was so glad i got to that one and that was thanks to my
boyfriend cos i didn't know anything about them at that point! loved
the fact that the front of the crowd was the front of the stage with no
barriers and the fact peep got up on stage at the end! muchos fun!

but yeah every gig has been ace that they've done. they are always so happy to be playing and brian appreciates everything!
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:19 am

There's nothing better at a small show, then getting on the stage and singing your favourite songs with your favourite band!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 am

Indeed I think thats one of the reasons I hold that show so dear. That and the fact the dickhead security where mighty pissed off.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:03 am

haha yeah they had to be held back to let everyone on stage! love it!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:40 am

Well the reason everyone got up is because security palmed someone in the face rather intentionally just because he was interacting with Alex as he played so Alex got him on stage and everyone followed.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:26 am

haha ace! didn't know that was the reason!
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:00 pm

kieran wrote:
Well the reason everyone got up is because security palmed someone in the face rather intentionally just because he was interacting with Alex as he played so Alex got him on stage and everyone followed.

Yeah that was my friend Luke, he was trying to get up, got face-palmed then the Gaslight roadie girl came along and told Security to not be a dick, then we all got on stage. Hoorah.

Then Luke was still angry and tried to start a fight with the bouncer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next