DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June

Go down 
+11
carson
Penelope
steady now steady now
JadedGoober7
The Major
Snap
tricksatthebar
kieran
Stalls_Standing
ktp
fools_gold
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Guess what. I won the tickets. But just spoke to the presenter. And then he told me the show on the Tuesday was in London, not Manchester. Even though its a Manchester radio station. So I can't go. And I am now SO depressed it is unreal.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Can i go instead?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:30 pm

The DJ phoned me up at 8:45 Pm, said I'd won etc. Asked me did I know it was in London and I said no (considering it was XFM Manchester), I thought it was Salford Keys. He said he'd leave the line open in case I could sort something out, but they were announcing the winners just before 9. I had like 5 mins... I can drive but don't have a car, and didn't have anyone to go with, and have an exam on Friday. And I had 5 minutes to sort out what would have been one of the bestmoments of my life, but couldn't. That wasn't even enough to get a reply from someone on here and give the bloke their names.

You have no idea how depressed I am at the moment. This is a band that has changed my life. Its verging on suicidal- like someone giving you something you could only dream of then snatching it away just after, and you can't do anything about it.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:12 am

thats really crap about the gig Tomaldo, bit unfair!

is anyone meeting up before the gig on Thursday?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:06 am

If they are playing an intimate gig in Lonodn today, incl. for competition winners, its a shame that we didn;t get to hear about this on here officially, and that there is no official fan club which would have allowed folks like us to at least enter a ballott to be there.

I guess I'll see some of you on Thursday though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:57 am

They're playing an intimate gig on thursday?>

I won't get there in time for a meet, I got to work till 7pm, then get the train! Probably miss both supports! Sad
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:02 am

thursday is the kentish town gig. have you got tickets?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:14 am

ok, it's got confusing now

- from an earlier post I understand that TGA are playing an intimate gig in Lonodn today (Tuesday); I moaned that we here weren't given tickets (? London on Tuesday, Helsinki on Wednesday, back to London for Thursday?)

- I said 'see you Thursday', as in at the HMV Forum in London for the gig (not that intimate, with a 2,000+ capacity), so yes, I have got tickets for that (tickets still available at http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F004278BF537522)
Back to top Go down
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:16 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
They're playing an intimate gig on thursday?>
That gig's happening today for Xfm, somewhere..... Can't see anything on the site about the competition, even though it's ended.

edit: basically what Steady Now said Smile
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:06 am

Haha!

KTP: YES I AM! I'm going Thursday, to Kentish Town. pretty happy, got my first exam that morning though, then still got to into work till 7, so I'm probably going to miss both those ridiculous support acts which i don't care about.
I might get there about 8:45.

Not heard anything at all about this 'secret' show, hope it didn't happen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:50 am

Any idea what time they might sound check? I have all day to hang around outside (taking time off work especially).
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am

i agree about the secret show! either that or we go and gatecrash it! if only we could find out where it is!

STALLS STANDING - ace! let me knwo what you're wearing (sounds dodgy!!) and I'll try to give you a wave!

STEADY NOW STEADY NOW - i was walking past Shepherds Bush in Jan about 3 hours before the show started cos I was going for dinner and Brian was outside then with a friend. I said a quick hello. dunno what time sound check is tho.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:55 am

thanks KTP; as I have never seen them live, despite my enthusiasm (which came too late for previous UK shows), I have some serious catching up to do on the meet and greet and photograph front

[KTP doesn't wanna know what I'm wearing ..... [sulks in corner])
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:03 pm

haha i thought it was going to get a bit girly trying to discuss what everyone would be wearing on thursday but hey! carry on! i was only asking stalls standing cos he stood me up last time!! Razz

i'm definately going to try to hang around after the show cos it's easier to meet them after than before cos they always seem a bit busy. benny's always hanging around. then at the shepherds bush show he went in to get the others out. so come and say hi if you're hanging around too.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:15 pm

ktp wrote:
i'm definately going to try to hang around after the show cos it's easier to meet them after than before cos they always seem a bit busy. benny's always hanging around. then at the shepherds bush show he went in to get the others out. so come and say hi if you're hanging around too.

I will hang around afterwards, if I don't get to see them beforehand; but my last train home is 23.15 from Kings Cross (which I may miss in any case), so I may have to walk the streets until 4.10 am (my next train [from Liverpool Street])
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:28 pm

haha aint that what gigs are all about?! Razz we ended up missing the last tube home after the gig in shepherds bush! tho it aint that bad when you actually live in london! gotta love the night buses!
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:37 pm

ktp wrote:
haha i thought it was going to get a bit girly trying to discuss what everyone would be wearing on thursday but hey! carry on! i was only asking stalls standing cos he stood me up last time!! Razz

Excuse me! haha, you didn't even go in the walkabout!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:53 pm

well......! it's cos there was good ale in the other pub! hehe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm gutted not to be going to this. Will be awesome.
Back to top Go down
fools_gold
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:03 am

ktp wrote:
i agree about the secret show! either that or we go and gatecrash it! if only we could find out where it is!

STALLS STANDING - ace! let me knwo what you're wearing (sounds dodgy!!) and I'll try to give you a wave!

STEADY NOW STEADY NOW - i was walking past Shepherds Bush in Jan about 3 hours before the show started cos I was going for dinner and Brian was outside then with a friend. I said a quick hello. dunno what time sound check is tho.

Soundcheck was about 5 at Sheps Bush. I could hear them play Casanova Baby.
Brian's a good talk. He smokes so he was outside every so often.
Back to top Go down
tricksatthebar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:50 am

Don't suppose anyone has two balcony tickets they'd want to swap for standing?
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:32 am

Here's the setlist from the gig last night! Was really good fun and a great atmosphere. Brian was as appreciative as ever! Bit of a different crowd to other Gaslight gigs - they were a bit older and a big mix of people.

Loved the fact that Frank Turner was at the side of the stage dancing away! Managed to meet him and shake hands at the stage door after which was cool!

Another infamous person I met was Stall Standing (better late than never eh?!). Was cool to meet someone off the forum and put a face to a name. We should get badges made up so that if we pass anyone at a gig we know they're from the forum!

Couldn't believe they didn't play Say I Won't (Recognise) but hey can't have everything! As usual got carried away with my camera and stayed behind to meet them at the end. Only Brian and Benny came out but Benny took everyone's stuff back inside to get the 2 Alex's to sign things too which was cool!

Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Tga_se11
Back to top Go down
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:46 am

That was so much fun, the guys sounded fantastic. Wherefore and Navesink Banks (which isn't on the setlist, like Boomboxes) made my night, as did spotting Frank on the stage Smile

Couldn't agree more with the badges! I spent a good part at the start of the night looking out for anyone I recognised, but I didn't see anybody. We'll have to try a proper meetup next time.

How long did you stay out for? We had to leave pretty soon after 11, and got there too late to hang around before hand...
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:17 am

aw didn't realise you were there! d'oh! where were you standing?

we hung around for a bit and ended up leaving about 11:50pm then all the tubes messed up and we didnt get back till 1:30am! *yawn!*

will have to have a look into the badge thing. would be cool to have a way of recognising people without looking like a tit asking people you randomly say hi to if they're on the forum (which is what i ended up doing!). they weren't but hopefully that'll mean we get a few more people on here!
Back to top Go down
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:25 am

At the back of the standing area before you went up the stairs, there was a handy little ledge, which was pretty good to stand on at the start and then everyone who was nice and tall decided it was a good place to stand in front of. Still, that's what you get for being small!
Where were you standing? Next time I'll have a walk around and properly look for people, that spot was just too good to give up!

Ahh yeah, so it was a good job we didn't wait any longer I think. Did you wait for a bit before the gig?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June   Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kentish Town Forum, London 4th June
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next