DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review

Go down 
+4
Gumption
crsmsi
StitchesOnTheRadio
steady now steady now
8 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review   Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 10:49 am

from www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2018/04/brian_fallon_review_2018_nj_starland_ballroom_phot.html

"Fallon should still be counting the minutes until his return with The Gaslight Anthem and the fanfare accompanying those shows, lest he be tethered any longer to the Howling Weather — by far his dullest backing band to date. What a drag this threesome was, robotically tending to their parts, rarely moving a step or two away from their posts. The outfit includes Nick Salisbury on bass, Matt Olsson on drums (yes, I know drummers can’t exactly move around), and Fallon’s longtime collaborator and Gaslight touring guitarist Ian Perkins on lead guitar, who always seems to perform in slow motion. There was little interaction and no discernible vibe with this group whatsoever; more accurate monikers include Brian Fallon and The Tax Assessors, or Brian Fallon and The Patio Furniture."
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review   Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 11:17 am

I don't know what show this guy attended but it clearly wasn't the Starland show Sunday night.

I mean, yeah Ian and Nick aren't exactly the most animated/charismatic guys but neither were Rosamillia or Levine so who cares? They're good musicians which is what matters most. And the drummer is full of energy and enthusiasm unlike the drummer in the crowes. The only time he seems dull is when he looks incredibly bored while Brian is talking.

Also, this guy makes it sound like this was a mediocre show when it was one of the best shows I've seen Brian play. He practically blew the roof off the place during Etta James.
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review   Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 3:01 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
And the drummer is full of energy and enthusiasm.

Yeah! It was a pleasure to watch this guy do his thing.

I always thought that Ian and Nick fit in nicely with the style of music. Sure, some people would put on more of a show, but this isn't head banging music after all.
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review   Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 9:31 am

I didn't disagree with that article.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review   Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 5:28 pm

I honestly love to watch Matt play. He has such enthusiasm and makes it all look so easy. He also has an amazing array of things to hit his drums with, and will often play one-handed whilst playing a tambourine or shaker. Massive improvement on the fellow from the Crowes IMO.

And whilst I do miss Jared, I wouldn’t say either Alex or Frank were that visual as performers...good players, but fairly staid.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review   Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 6:50 am

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
I honestly love to watch Matt play. He has such enthusiasm and makes it all look so easy.  He also has an amazing array of things to hit his drums with, and will often play one-handed whilst playing a tambourine or shaker.

THIS!! Couldn't agree more with this.

And we are not comparing a backing band of a solo artist (Brian) with an actual band (Gaslight), right? Because they are two very different things.
All I can say is, that I enjoyed the Sleepwalkers tour a lot and that I also really look forward to the Gaslight gigs.

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review   Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 7:40 am

some guy wrote:
more accurate monikers include Brian Fallon and The Tax Assessors, or Brian Fallon and The Patio Furniture."
This is some of the funniest journalism I've ever read, hahahaha

And the drummer is full of energy and enthusiasm unlike the drummer in the crowes.
Granted, I only saw them on the second ever show of The Horrible Crowes back in 2011, but I remember him being very energetic and enthusiastic. Things can change, I guess.

Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review   Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 5:37 am

Harbortown wrote:
And the drummer is full of energy and enthusiasm unlike the drummer in the crowes.
Granted, I only saw them on the second ever show of The Horrible Crowes back in 2011, but I remember him being very energetic and enthusiastic. Things can change, I guess.

I don't think it's the same drummer than the crowes. Also the drummer from the crowes was the weakest link by far.

But they all compete with Benny, and Benny is an incredible drummer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review   Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon survives his painfully dull new band at homecoming N.J. concert: review
Page 1 of 1