DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My name is the night (color me black) out now!

Go down 
+6
ivienco
cowgirlwiththeblues
jonnyz83
crsmsi
enola
ProMayhem
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ProMayhem
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ProMayhem

My name is the night (color me black) out now! Empty
PostSubject: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Digging this song! Sounds like the horrible crowes
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 3:44 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 4:57 am

I love it! The guitars sound a bit funky. I'm no big funk fan, but this sounds great! A happy song about a sad topic, which feels like coming to terms with who you are.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 9:04 am

So so good. I find myself much more excited about this album than Painkillers - which I did like very much. But all 4 of these songs from Sleepwalkers just feel so right. I think Brian hit this album out of the park.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 9:38 am

Loving this.  That guitar sound on the intro is just perfect, and the whole thing kind of sounds like an outtake from Elsie, which can only be a good thing.

These new songs have so much energy, I think the live shows are going to be great.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 12:40 pm

I love it! But I'm finding it hard to listen to this record, it kind of hurts. Not that he's not doing a good job, his writing and music is still so spot-on that it brings too much onto the table and makes me think of stuff I don't want to.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 1:36 pm

ivienco wrote:
I love it! But I'm finding it hard to listen to this record, it kind of hurts. Not that he's not doing a good job, his writing and music is still so spot-on that it brings too much onto the table and makes me think of stuff I don't want to.

That's an interesting take. I find the theme of the record to be a bit dark. But I don't feel it's too dark to listen to

I will say that I found Get Hurt incredibly difficult to listen to - it's a divorce record. And it came out in Aug 2014, just 2 months after I got married. His songwriting ability - the ability to make the audience feel - is truly a gift....and perhaps a curse. lol
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 2:59 pm

This song is really good. See You on the Other Side had me a little worried.
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 5:35 pm

My favorite singer taking a title that seems to be inspired from an episode of my favorite TV show ("I Am the Night - Color Me Black" from "The Twilight Zone")? I love it!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 8:33 am

Eh.

I love the fact that he's experimenting with different styles (that pre-chorus is SICK), but I'm sooo tired of him using the same chord progression in every song. He's used C-G-Am-F and/or Am-F-C-G (in various keys, of course) in virtually every song of his solo project (See you on the other side being an exception).

Of course, he did that with plenty of Gaslight Anthem songs too, but at this point it's starting to seem more like laziness than anything else. I know he's more creative than this. Elsie and Get hurt are testaments to that.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 9:01 am

Harbortown wrote:
Elsie and Get hurt are testaments to that.

Let's hear it for Get Hurt! High Five
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 10:11 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Elsie and Get hurt are testaments to that.

Let's hear it for Get Hurt! High Five
Fuck yeah!

Tragically underrated album. I know a lot of fans were disappointed and I guess I understand where they're coming from, but I always respect artists who dare to step outside their comfort zone. Get Hurt grows year by year for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My name is the night (color me black) out now!   My name is the night (color me black) out now! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My name is the night (color me black) out now!
Page 1 of 1