DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 11:51 am

EXCLUSIVE DIMESTORESAINTS COMPETITION - Photo Competition

DimestoreSaints are delighted to be able to give away two places (2 x 1) on the guest list for Brian Fallon's intimate gig at St Pancras Old Church, London, on 11 April 2016.

Competition rules

There will be two winners, with one place each on the guest list (i.e. winners can not bring a guest with them).

What you need to do to enter:

Post a photo of yourself in the forum's competition thread showing you in a public place, and with the public present, holding a placard/banner/etc. (LP size or larger) which features, at a minimum, the words: Brian Fallon Painkillers. You can add art/designs/etc. (Please note the word ‘holding’; i.e. do not write it in the sand or in the sky.) The two most impressive entries will win.

Post entries here: https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t6235-competition-entries-brian-fallon-london-11-april-2016

Please only enter, if you are actually able to attend the gig in London on 11 April 2016.

The winners will be chosen by the DimestoreSaints admins (who are themselves excluded from taking part in the competition). The winning entries will be featured on the forum's twitter.

To enter the competition you need to be registered on DimestoreSaints. If you are newly registered, you will first have to post in the 'Introduce Yourself' thread in order to subsequently post in the competition thread. You also have to be at least 18 years old to enter the competition (as the event is 18+).

Entries close on Thursday, 10 March, at 10pm GMT. The winners will be announced and contacted on 11 March, the album’s release day. Winners will need to respond by 10pm GMT on 25 March, confirming their acceptance of the prize. If no response is received by that time, prizes will be reassigned.

Prizes are not transferable and there is no cash equivalent. There is no substitute prize in the event that the gig is cancelled.

Admittance to the venue will be via the guest list. Winners are responsible for their own transport and any other expenses incurred in connection with attendance at the gig. The prize is only for admittance to the gig.

Your attention is drawn to the following additional conditions:

click here for the additional conditions:

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 7:23 am

Well I was really hoping for a 'who can grow their hair the longest' competition. But I guess some things are even worth posting a photo of yourself on the Internet for!
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:25 pm

I don't understand the "with the public present" part, like I have to have people around me? Is that what it means? Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 2:36 pm

ivienco wrote:
I don't understand the "with the public present" part, like I have to have people around me? Is that what it means? Thanks Smile

Yes, like in a public place. A park, boardwalk, grocery store, etc.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 11:23 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
ivienco wrote:

But I mean, in a public place (that part was clear) and with people around... If I take the pic and there's no one around, does it still count? Or does the frame have to be wide enough to include passers by and all? That was my question.

Thanks for the tip anyways, Shelby Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 11:32 pm

ivienco wrote:
ivienco wrote:

But I mean, in a public place (that part was clear) and with people around... If I take the pic and there's no one around, does it still count? Or does the frame have to be wide enough to include passers by and all? That was my question.

Ah I see what you're saying. Alexander correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the goal here is to promote the album to some extent. So keeping that in mind it's not like there's requirement of like lots of people in the shot but something that shows you're not like on an abandoned beach in the middle of winter. Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 8:04 am

ivienco wrote:
ivienco wrote:

Ah I see what you're saying. Alexander correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the goal here is to promote the album to some extent. So keeping that in mind it's not like there's requirement of like lots of people in the shot but something that shows you're not like on an abandoned beach in the middle of winter. Does that make sense?

Indeed. A public place without the public is just a place. Smile The point is, you need to be a bit brave to win this.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:35 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
ivienco wrote:
ivienco wrote:

Indeed. A public place without the public is just a place. Smile The point is, you need to be a bit brave to win this.

Yeah I figured hahah

Thanks, guys Smile I'm having trouble with the banner tho but I'll figure it out jocolor
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 10:46 pm

UPDATE: thanks guys, I have my banner ready for printing, so I'll be preaching around my city during the weekend hahahahah Smile
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 8:56 pm

OK, quick question now that I've done my pics...does it have to be just one photo, or can I use a couple of shots of the same moment? I have two different angles that I'm struggling to choose between, and neither of them really tell the full story on their own.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 7:05 am

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
OK, quick question now that I've done my pics...does it have to be just one photo, or can I use a couple of shots of the same moment?  I have two different angles that I'm struggling to choose between, and neither of them really tell the full story on their own.

I think it's fine to post both pics if you can't choose between them Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 7:30 am

Great, thank you.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:39 am

enola wrote:
cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
OK, quick question now that I've done my pics...does it have to be just one photo, or can I use a couple of shots of the same moment?  I have two different angles that I'm struggling to choose between, and neither of them really tell the full story on their own.

I think it's fine to post both pics if you can't choose between them Wink

What Manuela meant was that you would need to combine the pictures into a single image, that is, arrange them side by side or one of top of the other. Clearly you need both to tell the 'story'.

So, to clarify, you cannot enter multiple times, using differnt images.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 10:28 am

Thank you, I'll stitch them together. I wasn't expecting each one to count as a separate entry anyway, that would be most unfair!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 3:02 pm

Last chance. The competition ends tomorrow, Thursday, at 10pm GMT (22.00h GMT).
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 12:14 pm

Ok, we have two winners (in alphabetical order):

* Ivienco

* Sickgirlesther

Judging this competition was tricky and entries were scored by all four Admins.

Well done, and thank you to all who submitted entries. You are in for another chance with our other competition at
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t6247-another-exclusive-ds-competition-win-3-x-2-tickets-to-brian-fallon-s-intimate-london-gig-on-11-april
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April   Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exclusive DS competition: win 2 x 1 ticket to Brian Fallon's intimate London gig on 11 April
Page 1 of 1