DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016

Go down 
+2
cowgirlwiththeblues
steady now steady now
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016   Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 11:50 am

Please use this thread ONLY to post your competition entries.

Details of the competition are at https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t6236-exclusive-ds-competition-win-2-x-1-ticket-to-brian-fallon-s-intimate-london-gig-on-11-april

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016   Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 7:55 am

So, I performed a stage takeover at my local rock show on Saturday as my entry...quite possibly the most terrifying few minutes of my life!  On the bright side, it was nice to spread the word a bit, and quite a few people asked about it after the show, so of course I told them all about the record!

(I turned my back to the crowd just so we could get them in the shot with me, but you can see from the left-hand picture that the sign (and sadly also my face!) was very much visible.)

Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Compet10"
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016   Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 12:40 pm

Ok, here's my entry! I did what cowgirlwiththeblues did and put two pics together so you could see both the venue and me Smile so here we go! This was last night at a Lagwagon show, so there was around 1000 people Smile and what was best, people started asking what it was all about so I could talk to a lot of people about the album and Brian's projects! It was fun though I felt very self conscious at first.

Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Img_2010

Sorry, just so you can see the poster in a proper way, cause I just realized you can barely see the "Painkillers" below his name (it's not part of the entry, but for clarification only). It's both in English and Spanish cause we speak Spanish here but I also wanted you to understand what it said, so, there's "check it out" in both languages Smile Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 2016-010

Please let me know if this is not allowed so I can delete it Smile it's only so you can appreciate the banner better

Last edited by ivienco on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fairycat101
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Fairycat101

PostSubject: Re: Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016   Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Ok, here's my entry. It's called 'We Hustle In London'. I walked all around London with my poster, and although I got a lot of stares, it was a really fun experience. First took a boat along the Thames from North Greenwich to Westminster, and then strolled along the bank to the Houses of Parliament, where I really battled to get these photos due to getting lost in the massive crowds of tourists! I want to share the story behind the photograph on my poster (which is also my avatar <--) because it's something really special to me. In 2013, I lived in Cape Town, and only managed to see my favourite bands - like Gaslight - when I made a trip over to the UK and Europe. I flew to Dublin to catch both of Gaslight's shows at the Olympia Theatre, and on the first day my mom and I waited at the stage door for hours before the show, hoping to meet the guys. We caught a glimpse of Brian through a window, but he seemed a bit shy to come outside. We managed to capture that photo of his hand as he stuck it outside the window for a smoke. I always thought it would make a beautiful album cover, so you could say my poster is my own re-imagining of how I would have designed the Painkillers cover.

Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Brifal11

Close up of the poster:
Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Fullsi10

Last edited by Fairycat101 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thefangirldiaries.blogspot.com
Stejza
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Stejza

PostSubject: Re: Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016   Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Okay, here's my entry!

The original idea was to take the photo in London, but my "weekend in London" plans fell through, so I had to come up with a new idea.

My new plan also included crossing the border because I couldn't think of a public place in my hometown with a connection to Brian's music. So... The photo was taken in the Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb. I thought it represented a nice parallel to Brian's lyrics.

There are no people in the photo with me, but the place wasn't empty, there was a group taking a tour just then plus the receptionist was also very curious to see what I was holding.  Very Happy

Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 12828442_10153407957846629_8900280560502450270_o
Back to top Go down
sickgirlesther
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sickgirlesther

PostSubject: Re: Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016   Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Here is my entry. Wednesday was a national strike day (yeah I live in France) so I joined a protest in the town where I study. There were between 1500 and 2000 persons. I took a picture in the middle so people would see me and I also went on the front as it was covered by the press.

Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Painki11"
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016   Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Thanks for taking part. Clap The competition is now closed. Winners will be announced tomorrow, 11 March.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016   Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competition Entries: Brian Fallon, London, 11 April 2016
Page 1 of 1