DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 night Pacific Northwest Run

Go down 
AuthorMessage
havemercy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

3 night Pacific Northwest Run Empty
PostSubject: 3 night Pacific Northwest Run   3 night Pacific Northwest Run Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Just finished three nights in a row. Vancouver, Seattle, Portland. So great to be back in the club environment with the band. The last show I saw was in September at Oakland's awesome, ornate Fox Theater. The Vancouver and Portland shows killed. Had that extra spark where Brian adds a song before Backseats that he otherwise wouldn't. The Seattle show was not as good mainly because of the crowd. I live in portland and have been to Seattle for many shows (of all types) over the years and always come away dissappointed in the crowd. A lot of standing around and somewhat odd vibe. Anyway, some of my highlights from an amazing weekend.

first time hearing the Chili Peppers "Scar Tissue" quote in Sweet Morphine. This works so well.

the emphasis on Too Much Blood and the way in which they stretched it out just a bit.

first time i heard them do Wish You were Here too and I love the punks embracing classic rock. open minds.

the Mae in Vancouver was incredible, just before the encore. just a gorgeous version.

love that they are opening with Howl, have been waiting for that for a long time.

super great to get three Say I Won't Recognize in three shows.

Red Violins and Underneath the Ground sounding like mature, stylistic shifts that give the band a growing sense of longevity.

We Came to Dance in Portland. Freakin' throw down.

The use of American Slang toward the end of the show and pumping it up after I felt liked it lagged a bit on the Handwritten tour.

So many more to count.
Back to top Go down

3 night Pacific Northwest Run
Page 1 of 1