DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Filming at Troxy last night?!!

Go down 
+10
Jerseyrain
cdala
Camus
DeathoftheCool
matkins
StitchesOnTheRadio
redheadchick
Steve70s
CapedAvenger
Raoul_Duke
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

Filming at Troxy last night?!! Empty
PostSubject: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 8:45 am

There were at least 4 guys filming the show with cameras last night. Did anyone else notice? Couple that with the fact that i was told i couldnt use my camera to take pictures and had to surrender the battery, when i aksed they said it was at the request of the production comapny for the band.

DVD anyone?
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:32 am

Ooh, interesting! Looks like a good setlist (assuming this is right). No covers either, so that might have been a conscious decision to avoid royalty splitting if it was recorded fora DVD.

On the other hand, i don't know why they'd choose to record that particular show. I'd have thought they'd be more likely to record one in New Jersey, or a bigger gig. But what do i know?
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am

Yeah I heard that they are filming these two London shows - wonder if there will be extras or just a straight performance DVD?
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:43 am

They may be shooting the entire thing again. I think it was either the Chicago or Minneapolis show where he said he wasn't happy with the terminal 5 footage cause they were off key or out of tune. Maybe they scrapped that footage and decided to start over.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:49 am

They probably want to call it The Gaslight Anthem Hustles in London, or something?
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:56 am

'We Hustle in London' - that would be a GREAT title. Smile

Hmm... maybe it wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:49 am

maybe they want to film a smaller venue to have a record of this chapter before moving on to bigger places?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:59 pm

it seems like they wanna make sure they put out a quality show on DVD. I think they were so burnt out but the time they got to the Terminal 5 dates that that probably hurt them. I'm happy they're making sure what they put out is quality.

I hope they end up filming one of those shows where their performances are above and beyond and they do something crazy like when Brian jumps into the crowd or something.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:09 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
it seems like they wanna make sure they put out a quality show on DVD. I think they were so burnt out but the time they got to the Terminal 5 dates that that probably hurt them. I'm happy they're making sure what they put out is quality.

I hope they end up filming one of those shows where their performances are above and beyond and they do something crazy like when Brian jumps into the crowd or something.

Like Alex smashing his bass? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:14 am

A guy on Instagram, who I'm assuming is their sound guy or something, posted a picture yesterday of Alex L with the caption, "DVD shoot shitstorm, Day 1. London, UK - 2013 Day 22, show 17" So seems like they're definitely filming for a DVD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:15 am

matkins wrote:

I really hope a video of that surfaces, haha.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:12 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
matkins wrote:

I really hope a video of that surfaces, haha.

Seriously! does anyone know when it happened in the show?
I like the sound of We Hustle In London pirat
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:17 am

what if it was during She Loves You
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:01 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:

Or Here's Looking At You, Kid.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:43 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

yeah. alex just really fuckin hates gayle. fuck gayle.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:19 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

yeah. alex just really fuckin hates gayle. fuck gayle.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:35 am

They filmed both nights, yeeeeep. Alex smashed his bass up as soon as they finished the Backseat, it was great!
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:53 am

They wore the same clothes both nights. Another indicator they filmed, for continuity.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:57 am

Raoul_Duke wrote:
maybe they want to film a smaller venue to have a record of this chapter before moving on to bigger places?
How big do we actually think they're going to get? They've released 4 albums now, the second of which was their breakthrough, and they've released their first major label record. I'd love them to get the mainstream recognition that i think they're due, and they're definitely on the rise, but i can't see them becoming massive.
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:03 am

I thought that but only found out last night that they are supporting the killers at wembley stadium. I don't like the killers but that could bring more attention.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:43 pm

I hope some footage eventually makes it to a DVD, it's been 4 months already since the Terminal 5 shows, I'm dying to see that!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:55 am

SOunds awesome especially if they put Alex smashing his bass on there! They have been on fire on this tour so its the perfect opportnity to capture gaslight at their best. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:24 am

cdala wrote:
I hope some footage eventually makes it to a DVD, it's been 4 months already since the Terminal 5 shows, I'm dying to see that!

Same here. Hoping the DVD of the Terminal 5 shows will appear, but I guess the chances are rather bad Sad b/c they apparently did another DVD at the Troxy. I wanna have both shows Very Happy !

Sb. on youtube seems to have the entire show they broadcasted on axs.tv (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow8I9yd4Hu4). I think he's also a member of this forum..
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:02 am

Brian made a comment at one of the shows about not being happy with the terminal 5 footage. I'd be surprised if they released that as a commercial DVD when he didnt like the sound.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 6:42 pm

redheadchick wrote:
Brian made a comment at one of the shows about not being happy with the terminal 5 footage. I'd be surprised if they released that as a commercial DVD when he didnt like the sound.

Yeah that's what I reckon as well, seems a bit silly to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Filming at Troxy last night?!!   Filming at Troxy last night?!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filming at Troxy last night?!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next