DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New guitar & strap... Look familiar?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boy From Little Eden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Empty
PostSubject: New guitar & strap... Look familiar?    New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 2:01 am

I think Brian knew I was cramping his style and decided to start playing les Pauls again!

New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  2lm2z6d
New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Sw2xc2
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: New guitar & strap... Look familiar?    New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 10:17 am

I don't really get how he tends to revolve between vintage LPs and vintage Teles. They are both really different beasts, from the neck to the pick-ups.
Back to top Go down
Coltrane
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New guitar & strap... Look familiar?    New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 10:22 pm

I love that strap. Any way you could please PM me the link to where I can get one? PS - Nice tele!

And The_River, I have found myself thinking the same thing. Brian always seems to be changing up gear, though, so I am guessing that he gets bored easily and likes the "new guitar feel" when he has played LPs or Teles for a long while.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: New guitar & strap... Look familiar?    New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 6:58 am

Coltrane wrote:
I love that strap. Any way you could please PM me the link to where I can get one? PS - Nice tele!

And The_River, I have found myself thinking the same thing. Brian always seems to be changing up gear, though, so I am guessing that he gets bored easily and likes the "new guitar feel" when he has played LPs or Teles for a long while.

Might be wrong but these look likes Souldier straps.

It's sort of weird. Since Handwritten, he always starts a world tour with a Telecaster and finish it with a Les Paul. But they doesn't sound the same at all, and they doesn't feel the same to play either. Usually, you're either one or the other, not both.
Back to top Go down
Boy From Little Eden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New guitar & strap... Look familiar?    New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Hey coltrane... Yes it is a souldier strap... Go to there website and you can find that exact print. I love it man, they are really well made. All handmade in chicago, Mine came in about two weeks. I am in cleveland tonight to see gaslight for the first time! I can't wait
Back to top Go down
Coltrane
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New guitar & strap... Look familiar?    New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 11:48 pm

Thanks guys!

The_River wrote:

It's sort of weird. Since Handwritten, he always starts a world tour with a Telecaster and finish it with a Les Paul. But they doesn't sound the same at all, and they doesn't feel the same to play either. Usually, you're either one or the other, not both.

Yeah, I have noticed that, too. What I am saying, though, is that maybe he gets bored with that gear after the hundredth or so show in almost as many days. He seems to change his rig (amps, pedals, etc) up a bunch, too. Personally, I am a Tele guy, and I have been for years. I just know that occasionally I'll find an SG or 335 that just tickles me the right way, even though it is a much different feel and tone than my Teles. Either way, I am super jealous of Fallon's guitars, haha.
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: New guitar & strap... Look familiar?    New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 10:01 am

I've got a 52 Tele reissue and a LP studio for my main electrics. Totally different beasts and I usually use the LP for when I'm looking for a chunkier sound during recordings. The Tele is my go to for writing and everyday strumming. Not because I don't like the feel of the LP but it's a little heavier to just be grabbing. Plus most of my casual playing isn't plugged in and the Tele sounds great on it's own. It'd be different if he was switching between songs during a show for tone purposes but it is a little odd to switch up during the tour like he's doing.

The strap is really nice looking. I'm not one to go out and grab an accessory just because I guy I like is using it (guitars and rigs are different if I really like the tone) but there are a lot of different designs and I saw a few that caught my eye... may pick one of them up at some point.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: New guitar & strap... Look familiar?    New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 2:03 pm

what the? Seems like Brian had a copy made of its 345 pelhalm blue, but sold it:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-Gibson-Memphis-ES-345-Custom-order-Pelham-Blue-Brand-New-/161596353742

Looks really nice.
Back to top Go down
Boy From Little Eden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New guitar & strap... Look familiar?    New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 10:43 pm

That is a beauty! Too bad its gone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guitar & strap... Look familiar?    New guitar & strap... Look familiar?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guitar & strap... Look familiar?
Page 1 of 1