DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airborne Toxic Event

Go down 
+13
fullcollapse
JJW319
iwasonlytwentyone
Jay
simo
thecosmickid
kuruptlon
clashcityrocker
DaveSavedTheDay
sarahjay
I Came To Dance
Holland
Deeper Shade of Blue
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

Airborne Toxic Event Empty
PostSubject: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Caught them on the radio for the first time the other day - anybody a fan?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 8:54 pm

yeh there album is pretty good, sometime around midnight is probably my favourite song it just builds up and up and up.
Back to top Go down
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:34 am

Yeah, I like them.
Back to top Go down
sarahjay
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sarahjay

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:33 pm

This is an old thread, but just wanted to put my two cents in. I don't love all of Airborne Toxic Event's songs - I rarely listen to the album all the way through - but the ones I like, I like a lot. Sometime Around Midnight is great, and I love this acoustic version of Innocence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL_NcoCJgzo

I have a real weakness for bands with violinists, cellists, etc... Airborne Toxic Event Icon_lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:08 am

they are my one of my favorite band
Would love to see them tour together
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:48 am

Saw them in November at Manchester Ritz , really good set , they played 'im on fire' and a bit of a Smiths medley. Did a bit of an acoustic thing as well. Sometime around midnight is such a good song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci8baF12Ztk

I'm on fire cover
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:35 pm

wow cheers , i was right at the front great stuff.
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:31 pm

Man, I gotta agree with Sometime Around Midnight being there best song. The way it just builds up this emotion is unbelievable. It's also easy to relate to, since I'm sure more than one of us has had nights like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:44 am

Personally, I think innocence is their best song.
The acoustic 9min long version is just beautiful
Back to top Go down
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 am

I think their album is down right genius but it's so depressing that I can hardly listen to it that much. I tend to be happy with life.
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

PostSubject: The New Airbonre Toxic Event Single Is Great But Sounds Familiar   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:15 am

Has anyone heard the new Airborne Toxic Event single Changing?

It sounds great but I can't get over how much the opening melody sounds like The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:23 am

I really get what you mean but isn't it just the same vibe? Not really the same riff
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:47 am

thecosmickid wrote:
I really get what you mean but isn't it just the same vibe? Not really the same riff

Perhaps, I didn't really know how to do describe it. The first time I heard the song I was just like wait a minute that sounds like Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:39 pm

It's pretty similar but by no means a rip off or anything.
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:48 pm

simo wrote:
It's pretty similar but by no means a rip off or anything.

No, I wasn't trying to imply it was a rip off I was just trying to point out a similarity I heard.

I thought it was an interesting comparison.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Wow...never heard of this band before but they are fucking rocking man!

And to answer your question yes it totally does which is probably why I'm digging the song so much.
Back to top Go down
iwasonlytwentyone
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: The Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:57 pm

These are my second favourite band behind TGA, well worth a listen! I invited my friend to come see them with me a few weeks ago and when he came out he was really blown away and also added that they reminded him of that other band i always go on about (meaning Gaslight). I wouldn't say they are very similar though but thought that was worth mentioning!

The way they build their songs are very much in the mould of Arcade Fire I would say. They are on Jimmy Kimmel tonight I believe too and as most of this blog seems to be American you might be able to catch it. If you know what time Jimmy Kimmel is on in comparision to the current time that would be helpful for me as I'm hoping to livestream the performance!

Anyway, sorry I don't know why i'm going on about the band or anything else, noone actually asked me to at all. I just tend to ramble and get carried away when I start to write and tell myself people are interested! Just wanted to get involved on the forums really as a newcomer, they don't seem to lively at the moment but I suppose that's to be expected with no new album until 2012 (apart from The Horrible Crowes - can't wait for that!).
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Welcome Smile

I heard this while back on the radio and using the awesome SoundHound app I found out the info. Never really followed up on the song. Gonna check out now.

And the first few notes of the riff are pretty similar to Queen of Lower Chelsea. Just the first "da na na na NAH"
Back to top Go down
iwasonlytwentyone
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Also I realised my post wasn't really to do with the actual topic! Sorry about that!

I didn't even see the similarity personally until I read this post and went back to listen to both songs. I don't think there is too much in that really, but I can see where the thought came from however.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:05 am

I just have to stop by this thread to say that the entire album is INCREDIBLE. Wow, I love these guys and this album definitely lived up to what I hoped it would be. "The Kids Are Ready to Die" may very well be song of the year. And, yes, I can't get over how similar that riff is!
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:56 pm

loving the album too! kids are ready to die is my favourite,unbelievable is the word for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Never heard of this band before despite recognising the new album cover from somewhere. Really liking what I have heard so far. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:50 pm

just listened to the album on their site. Seems pretty cool. Definitely a back-end heavy album, though, after first listen
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:07 pm

I absolutely love this band! It's funny because months ago when I first heard "Changing", I immediately was reminded of TGA but not "The Queen of Lower Chelsea" as referenced above, or any particular song by TGA.......to me it just has a general TGA similarity to it.

The Airborne Toxic Event's new album "All At Once" is great! I really liked thier first album and I actually think this new one is even better! I'm a bit surprised to hear the song "The Kids Are Ready To Die" being called a favorite track by you guys...........it's actually my least favorite song on the album (although they have another version of it that they play live which I like a lot better, as it's faster/more punk influenced). My favorite songs off of the album (in no order) are "Numb", "Changing", "Welcome To Your Wedding Day", "Strange Girl", "All I Ever Wanted", and "It Doesn't Mean A Thing". Overall, the entire album as a whole is very solid and one you can listen to from start to end.

Hopefully they'll do a lot of touring! I had tickets to see them (for the first time) two Sat.'s ago in Philly but unfortunately my step-dad had a heart-attack (thank GOD he's alright and stable now) which led to me missing them/wasting money on tickets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airborne Toxic Event
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next