DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommendation for guitar tab

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Liam
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Recommendation for guitar tab Empty
PostSubject: Recommendation for guitar tab   Recommendation for guitar tab Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Hey, can any of you guys recommend some songs to learn by the gaslight anthem, and some new electric guitar gear for under £400, because I only have a crappy 10-watt practice amp, and a First Act ME537 I think... So I'm looking for a new guitar to play specifically the Gaslight Anthem. Smile Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for guitar tab   Recommendation for guitar tab Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Recommendation for guitar tab Epiphone_les_paul_standard_plus

Get a Les Paul Standard. I think it's somewhere in the £400 range, and it feels and sounds superb for a Gibson copy. My cousin has one and I've tried it out several times, it really is a great instrument for its price, and I'd definitely get it.
It's got great variety too, you can get a crisp, punchy punk rock sound, a nice reverb ridden clean sound, a muddy blues tone, pretty much whatever you want. Of course you'll want a decent amp, but it's seriously a great guitar.

Note: Les Paul Standard, NOT Special. Special is worse than Standard, oddly enough.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for guitar tab   Recommendation for guitar tab Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:21 pm

The Special's aren't that bad if you set them up properly though. But not as good as a standard.
Back to top Go down
Liam
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for guitar tab   Recommendation for guitar tab Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:16 pm

I was actually thinking of getting the Epiphone Les Paul Special II, but thanks for putting me off it! I found Les Paul Standard at "Guitarguitar" for just under £300. Here's the link. http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=04041420093418

Can the Standard get a good clean sound? And what Gaslight Anthem songs should I learn on my guitar currently? Thanks for everything, guys. Razz
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for guitar tab   Recommendation for guitar tab Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:14 pm

It definitely can get a good clean sound.

Not as good as a Stratocaster, but still, the Les Paul is still a far greater all-around guitar. That's a great price too, you should buy it!
Back to top Go down
Liam
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for guitar tab   Recommendation for guitar tab Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Need to wait until Christmas, when I get some money off my parents and relatives. :3 I can't wait aha. I'm just sitting here with my acoustic and electric at the moment, what songs should I learn?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for guitar tab   Recommendation for guitar tab Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Unless you get a job. Just do whatever you can to earn some money. Mow lawns, rescue kittens, sell your electric guitar, there's always something. Gather your coin and take pride in it. It feels awesome when you work hard for something and then achieve it.

You should learn every single song in the Gaslight Anthem discography! Start with American Slang.
Back to top Go down
Liam
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for guitar tab   Recommendation for guitar tab Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:57 am

Nah, you haven't seen my neighborhood. If I tried that, I'd get shot... :L

And I can already play most of the American Slang album, including that song. Razz
No matter what guitar I get, I'm always keeping my first one. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for guitar tab   Recommendation for guitar tab Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for guitar tab
Page 1 of 1