DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Murder by Death

Go down 
+23
StreetsRunRed
tdawg
Bigtittykitty
stephendgaf
JerseyDevil
Jay
PFREEZY
ral
e7c
Reinvent good times
JoshRaymond
LoisPennycandy
Novella
MKULTRA
steph
bradcooke
steady now steady now
CluckyB
colmillionaire
TonyRockyHorror
lhdez
Jukebox Romeo
The Dude
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:29 pm

any of yall fans? ive gotten into them w/ their last release i really enjoy the singers vocal style almost like that of johnny cash's
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:04 pm

i downloaded their latest album after seeing it on a best of list that had a bunch of other albums i love on it, but i have yet to listen to it
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:27 am

its pretty good, not their best work, but enjoy the hell outa it. the dude claims to have never listened to johnny cash, but i call bullshit because his vox and style are soo similar
Back to top Go down
lhdez
A Contender
A Contender
lhdez

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:31 am

This band rules, and the cellist (female) is a total babe. Who's seeing them in their upcoming tour with Fake Problems?
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:38 am

im pretty sure she left the band :/ and i would love to see them, but idont think they are coming to houston
Back to top Go down
lhdez
A Contender
A Contender
lhdez

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 4:56 am

She did? :'(
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:36 am

nooo im a liar, it was the person in cursive who left. sorry about that lol
Back to top Go down
TonyRockyHorror
A Contender
A Contender
TonyRockyHorror

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:13 pm

i fucking LOVE Murder by Death! i saw them at SxSW in 2004 and fell in love, with the music and the cellist! hah!

so so amazing live. do go if you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://dclivetracks.com
TonyRockyHorror
A Contender
A Contender
TonyRockyHorror

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:14 pm

and to put it in perspective, i got to see them on the same bill as Against Me! and Dillenger Escape Plan. And there was unlimited free Red Stripe beer.

i shit you not. one of the best shows i've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
http://dclivetracks.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:07 am

seeing as they're touring with TGA this fall, i figured i should get to know some of their stuff. where should i start?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:05 am

who will survive and what will be left of them is my personal favorite. red of tooth and claw is right behind it. Had to bump this thread to get people more stoked on this band. Also all of their split 7" they've done this year have been great as well. I started listening to them 5 years ago and its cool to see how they've changed their sound (each album sounds like there is a new lead singer)

They play their set with clips from horror movies shown in the background. They are def the odd band out on the tour. super excited to see them again
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:35 am

lhdez wrote:
This band rules, and the cellist (female) is a total babe. Who's seeing them in their upcoming tour with Fake Problems?

is that a cello? I don't know my strings -- I though those things were could basses and a double bass was a big one -- maybe I'm confused. Either way -- is it electric? Because they one she was played at the show didn't seem to have any box for the sound like most stringed instruments do and looked totally bad-ass.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 pm

yup electric cello
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:01 pm

seems like nobody has been into them who has seen them on the tour thus far, thats such a bummer....so damn good
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:32 am

I like what I've heard. If I buy just one of their albums, which do you recommend and why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:57 pm

In Bocca Al Lupo cause its better Smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:20 pm

not sure what the title is of the record i bought, but i bought one after seeing them on this tour! i was amazed at how many people were there at most of the shows for murder by death. at the arizona show, most of the people i talked to were there for mbd and i told them they had to stay for gaslight! i'd like to see them on their own tour playing with the horror movie clips playing behind them.
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Epic show last night. First time I saw them live. Words wouldn't even do it justice...
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:59 pm

eh they were good, but not great in edmonton. i was more impressed with the other 2 opening acts.
Back to top Go down
Novella
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Novella

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:58 pm

I've heard of them a very long time ago, last night at the show was the first time I actually heard their music and I was instantly hooked. I got up today and got most their stuff off itunes and have been rocking it all day. Very original stuff, loving it. They def. made a new fan last night.
Back to top Go down
LoisPennycandy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:39 am

One of my favourite bands. Who Will Survive and In Bocca are great albums.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:00 am

I just downloaded there albums and I must say I don't like it at all
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:01 am

Can not understand the love for these guys...sorry.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:47 am

Wow, I really hear a Nick Cave sound to the vocals... not so much the man in black... but then again, so far I have only heard one song
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 4:32 pm

forgot to post these... but here are two videos from the detroit show.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Murder by Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death   Murder by Death Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murder by Death
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next