DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?

Go down 
+3
rumham
enola
GASLIGHT1986
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GASLIGHT1986
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Empty
PostSubject: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:18 am

I understand El Jefe is no longer doing work with the band - but, anyone have any ideas of any releases of prints/posters coming up or being done in conjunction with the release of the new album?

I am sure there will be prints from the shows.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:28 am

Danny posted this for the US tour

http://instagram.com/p/sKu0AQvZJZ/
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
GASLIGHT1986
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 2:08 pm

That is sweet. I hope others are released as well
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Seriously, re-hire Jeff. These posters get worse and worse IMO.
Back to top Go down
GASLIGHT1986
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:25 pm

My understanding is that Jefe seeks payment and many artists don't.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm

GASLIGHT1986 wrote:

I think at this point Gaslight has found enough financial success jumping to Mercury that they could commission Jeff to design a poster.

At least with Jeff you're getting a piece of art, i'm not saying it's the most amazing thing out there but hey for $30 it's money well spent whereas throwing the upside heart which looks like a butt as others pointed out on a poster along with the dates is boring and ugly.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Every artist gets paid, or at least should get paid. And it's probably not $30. But I agree El Jefe did amazing art, but it's his own style, maybe they just got tired and wanted to move on to a different style.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:43 pm

cdala wrote:
Every artist gets paid, or at least should get paid. And it's probably not $30. But I agree El Jefe did amazing art, but it's his own style, maybe they just got tired and wanted to move on to a different style.

I think you're right. El Jefe has a certain style and while its a great style, they probably don't want to be pigeonholed with the same image forever.
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Every poster El Jefe has ever done for Gaslight has more/less become a collector's item. Just look at how much they go for nowadays. Can't say this poster will live up to those

The one thing I was looking forward to was El Jefe's new posters for the upcoming tour. Was totally bummed when I learned he wasn't doing any...
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:16 am

rumham wrote:
GASLIGHT1986 wrote:

I think at this point Gaslight has found enough financial success jumping to Mercury that they could commission Jeff to design a poster.

At least with Jeff you're getting a piece of art, i'm not saying it's the most amazing thing out there but hey for $30 it's money well spent whereas throwing the upside heart which looks like a butt as others pointed out on a poster along with the dates is boring and ugly.

HA! So funny other people have noticed that. I always want to call the album "Butt Hurt" because of that stupid heart. :L
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?
Page 1 of 1