DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GASLIGHT1986
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Empty
PostSubject: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:18 am

I understand El Jefe is no longer doing work with the band - but, anyone have any ideas of any releases of prints/posters coming up or being done in conjunction with the release of the new album?

I am sure there will be prints from the shows.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:28 am

Danny posted this for the US tour

http://instagram.com/p/sKu0AQvZJZ/

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
GASLIGHT1986
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 2:08 pm

That is sweet. I hope others are released as well
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Seriously, re-hire Jeff. These posters get worse and worse IMO.
Back to top Go down
GASLIGHT1986
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:25 pm

My understanding is that Jefe seeks payment and many artists don't.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm

GASLIGHT1986 wrote:

I think at this point Gaslight has found enough financial success jumping to Mercury that they could commission Jeff to design a poster.

At least with Jeff you're getting a piece of art, i'm not saying it's the most amazing thing out there but hey for $30 it's money well spent whereas throwing the upside heart which looks like a butt as others pointed out on a poster along with the dates is boring and ugly.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Every artist gets paid, or at least should get paid. And it's probably not $30. But I agree El Jefe did amazing art, but it's his own style, maybe they just got tired and wanted to move on to a different style.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:43 pm

cdala wrote:
Every artist gets paid, or at least should get paid. And it's probably not $30. But I agree El Jefe did amazing art, but it's his own style, maybe they just got tired and wanted to move on to a different style.

I think you're right. El Jefe has a certain style and while its a great style, they probably don't want to be pigeonholed with the same image forever.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Every poster El Jefe has ever done for Gaslight has more/less become a collector's item. Just look at how much they go for nowadays. Can't say this poster will live up to those

The one thing I was looking forward to was El Jefe's new posters for the upcoming tour. Was totally bummed when I learned he wasn't doing any...
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:16 am

rumham wrote:
GASLIGHT1986 wrote:

I think at this point Gaslight has found enough financial success jumping to Mercury that they could commission Jeff to design a poster.

At least with Jeff you're getting a piece of art, i'm not saying it's the most amazing thing out there but hey for $30 it's money well spent whereas throwing the upside heart which looks like a butt as others pointed out on a poster along with the dates is boring and ugly.

HA! So funny other people have noticed that. I always want to call the album "Butt Hurt" because of that stupid heart. :L
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?   Get Hurt Print or Poster Release? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get Hurt Print or Poster Release?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Discussion About The Band-
Jump to: