DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)

Go down 
+24
Jack
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
MKULTRA
mja271
bradleyjp
Hanswurst
pleasepassthesoup
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Romain
Harbortown
moosicmaniac
kappanera
cdala
StitchesOnTheRadio
The Angry Johnny Revue
Vanderlyle Geek
ifieverstray
azlisa
Yozzy
Bobul
JacksSmirkingRevenge
PennStateRLZ
JimmyB
enola
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Empty
PostSubject: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:03 pm

https://twitter.com/alexgaslight/status/501398511796359168

@alexgaslight
We are playing @Letterman tonight.... And I just found out John McClane  himself will be on the show @brucewillis #DieHard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:07 pm

Beat me to it Enola. I was just about to post this.
Back to top Go down
PennStateRLZ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:35 am

Hey Ian's on TV!  That'd be a first right?

Get Hurt with strings? Kind of awesome.
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:39 am

They added strings and it was STELLAR, haha. How great.
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:41 am

Loved it. Anyone know what Brian's pin in his collar said?
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:45 am

TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Wdc_bor
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:09 am

Man I missed it.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:41 am

Hope this will show up on youtube soon. I'm curious how the strings worked. I looove strings!
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:05 am

Bobul wrote:

Looked like it said T.Gunn, but yeah I couldn't make it out either, even with all those close ups. haha. The performance was stellar. LOVED the strings!  I love you 
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
ifieverstray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 am

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/video/B43381A5-DE90-36A8-1220-EBB8A8E6E8AC/the-gaslight-anthem-get-hurt-david-letterman/
Back to top Go down
ifieverstray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:52 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ9gFjgTWIA
Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:23 am

I loved the violins, and brian sounded great. Alex L. did get it wrong for me, and the keyboard didn't sound as great as on the record, but overall a good first live performance in my book
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:26 am

I have a friend that always greets me with "What's crackin?" This performance. Jean Bell. This performance is what's crackin'.

Holy Shit.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:55 am

azlisa wrote:
Bobul wrote:

Looked like it said T.Gunn, but yeah I couldn't make it out either, even with all those close ups. haha. The performance was stellar. LOVED the strings!  I love you 

It is T.Gunn. I've definitely seen him wear that pin before.

Those strings really added something to that performance. I'm liking this new layered Gaslight sound! And even though this is the third time I've seen it, Alex R. still impresses me jumping between guitar and keys throughout the song.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 6:32 am

ifieverstray wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ9gFjgTWIA

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

The strings sound great and fit so well. Now wouldn't it be great if they brought a string section on tour? And I can easily see them perform like that in a lovely old theatre. One like this one perhaps?

TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Gr_saa11
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:01 am

A performance with strings on a venue like that would melt my cold cold heart.

Strings always make things better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:40 am

Wow, really great performance, so moving yet powerful - the guys seem to be in top form, looking forward to the tour.
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:12 am

Love this, it was just amazing. But..Alex L shouldn't sing at all, I never liked his backing vocals over the years.Anyway, strings were perfect, they should plan a special show with some of the quiet songs and strings.
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:16 am

Stunning. Easily their best TV performance to date.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:33 am

Damn, that was great. Alex L still needs to learn how to sing though. Him and Alex R should step up their singing game (Brian could use some improvement too to be perfectly honest) because the thought of The Gaslight Anthem incorporating a ton of harmonies makes me insufferably giddy.
Back to top Go down
Romain
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:50 am

Sorry for a being a killjoy but I thought this was average.   Neutral 

First, the sound mix was not great, not enough guitars, too much bass.  Second this:

Harbortown wrote:
Damn, that was great. Alex L still needs to learn how to sing though. Him and Alex R should step up their singing game (Brian could use some improvement too to be perfectly honest) because the thought of The Gaslight Anthem incorporating a ton of harmonies makes me insufferably giddy.

Yep, the vocals were bad, especially the backing.  It is their fifth album not their first, we could have hoped for improvement (See: Frank Turner).

Performance-wise, I think they did better when for instance, they performed "bring it on" on a TV stage a few years back (was it the same?).  

But it is just my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/theescapistband
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:46 am

I thought it was a good performance. I always get nervous with stuff like this, because TGA sometimes just does not sound very good, but I thought this was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:09 am

STRINGS!!!!
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:23 am

I thought it was a great performance (like other have said, aside from Alex L's backing vocals) and the strings were a fantastic addition. After this, I'm interested to see if they'll tour with any additional musicians.

I'm also always impressed with how good they sound on Letterman. That show has notoriously awful sound and it's rare for anybody to sound like anything other than utter crap.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:08 pm

why the hell are my rose-tinted-gaslight-glasses gone since American Slang? Sad

Not really feeling this performance - Brian sounded way off at some parts and his voice did not have the usual depth (or i just did not hear it). Plus Hearing strings all over the place and nearly no guitars didn't make it better for me :-/

..Oh well I still can't understand the useless gaslight-bashing "Consequence Of Sound" did after this performance ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)   TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA on Letterman tonight (Aug. 18)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next