DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre Show Packages

Go down 
+68
zerb012345
LuceroDiehard
cms35
joberschlake
Debonair
TLRRescue
Boyfromlittleeden
flannel
matkins
biggs
mingus
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
FrankieG
Soozy Creamcheese
HolyBreakOfDay
colmillionaire
redheadchick
luckyman
dlbia
TGAFAN25
Hamma14
mja271
BSouls97
makemyday1980
aelliott88
macci
azlisa
Spc66
cmigs
bradleyjp
shredderrrrrr
JukeboxJuliet
mirrorenigma
steady now steady now
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
rumham
jdc
The Angry Johnny Revue
bt211
Romain
PPQ
Steve70s
jac185
CluckyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jerseyrain
pleasepassthesoup
Hasler09
bootime
Zach_Edelman
moosicmaniac
enola
CapedAvenger
The_River
cdala
_rebekka_
Jaws
GlennR
kristyn
njguy99
chong138
miked331
SirBrad
ral
kappanera
lol_paul_ledoux
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:22 pm

- Just offering perspective here: sometimes sound check is scheduled at a designated time and like all live things, that schedule gets jacked up for zillions of reasons. No harm in being excited about this (especially since we're inside two weeks for the start of the tour).  But, it will help us all who have chosen to participate in these packages to remember that sound check has a specific purpose. It is not a mini concert, it is to make sure everything works, sounds right and test any last minute/less rehearsed/less played songs for the show.

- Maybe implement the coloured-Sharpie-on-hands-number-method to designate line placement for show? It is fairly tried and true in my experience (across too many years and several genres). It organically ends at that place in line when those showing up at a certain point would have showed up earlier if their placement mattered that much. Also in my experience, that depends on the artist and rabidness of the fan-base, sometimes the last numbered hand is 50, other times it's in the deep hundreds.

This a self-policing line management tool and of course how a venue handles ticket taking and door entry is mutually exclusive and constantly puts any plan at risk for failure, as many of us have experienced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 4:32 pm

Has anyone gotten the details yet for the timing yet? I emailed the pre show package specific address last week and they said the details would be coming out soon, but nothing yet.
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:00 pm

jwhjr wrote:
Has anyone gotten the details yet for the timing yet?  I emailed the pre show package specific address last week and they said the details would be coming out soon, but nothing yet.

Nope, nothing....with the first show being in a week, I would hope some info would be coming our way soon...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:21 pm

bootime wrote:
jwhjr wrote:
Has anyone gotten the details yet for the timing yet?  I emailed the pre show package specific address last week and they said the details would be coming out soon, but nothing yet.

Nope, nothing....with the first show being in a week, I would hope some info would be coming our way soon...

Yeah I figured that the info would be out at least for the first few shows. Luckily mine is over a month away.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:58 am

CluckyB wrote:
still think its a dumb exploitative idea, but I like the guys in Gaslight so if want to take $100 from their rich fans who have more money than common sense ($100 for a single concert? lol) they more power to them I guess

This seems like an overly pessimistic approach. Sure, $100 is a lot of money. But writing it off as "a single concert" is a bit disingenuous. These are the sorts of unique experiences that you'll remember forever. My favorite artist charges $50/year for the ability to have a private 2-song acoustic pre-show set at any show you go to. At first I was like, "Pffffttt…$100 bucks for my wife and I? And he only comes to town 1-2 times a year!" I ended up paying it and wouldn't hesitate to tell others to. What an amazing experience.

Think of some of the worthless shit you can spend $100 on without thinking. Just don't go out to eat for a week or two and have this incredible experience instead.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 2:03 am

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
still think its a dumb exploitative idea, but I like the guys in Gaslight so if want to take $100 from their rich fans who have more money than common sense ($100 for a single concert? lol) they more power to them I guess

Still not sure how something that is completely optional and completely separate from the normal concert experience is exploitative. For most fans, the show will be exactly the same as it would be if this package didn't exist and for those that think it's cool, they have the option to get something they otherwise couldn't have had in addition to the normal experience.

Yeah, I don't get the "exploitative" comment either. It's simple economics. The band has decided to offer a service (performing to fans during soundcheck) in exchange for money. It is no different than a band deciding to play a show in exchange for the price of admission. The band is not exploiting us--they are offering us something to buy to improve our experience if we are willing to spend the money.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 6:30 am

Did anyone buy a preshow package for Washington? Would be interesting to see how it worked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Spc66
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 8:32 am

Does anyone have a contact email address for the pre show packages ?
Ive deleted my conformation email and have no idea of my order number .
Thanks
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 8:44 am

Spc66 wrote:
Does anyone have a contact email address for the pre show packages ?
Ive deleted my conformation email and have no idea of my order number .
Thanks

tgapreshowpackage@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Spc66
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:50 am

Thank You
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 3:51 pm

Did anyone do the PNC show? Did they send out an email with start times?
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 5:29 pm

miked331 wrote:
Did anyone do the PNC show? Did they send out an email with start times?

I did, but haven't received any info yet.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 2:21 am

Does anyone know if the pre-show tickets are physical tickets that are being mailed? were you able to print something? is it will call? etc.
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 8:55 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Does anyone know if the pre-show tickets are physical tickets that are being mailed? were you able to print something? is it will call? etc.

I don't think anyone knows anything about any of this....just waiting on the details to be communicated to us...hopefully soon....
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Just got my email for PNC. bounce
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:30 pm

macci wrote:

Any info you can share?
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:35 pm

miked331 wrote:
macci wrote:

Any info you can share?

Yes, please?!

Mainly, I'm curious as to how early the soundcheck is before the show (even though I'm sure it'll be different for each show, it'll give me a rough estimate)...
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:37 pm

Got my email for Minneapolis too. No specific details except what time to be there and to look for the pre show signage that will tell us where to assemble.
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:53 pm

Said to be there by 2:30 & soundcheck at 3.
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:56 pm

macci wrote:

Damn, I was hoping it wouldn't be so early....
Back to top Go down
Spc66
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 1:09 pm

Did they ask what proof of purchase you need to get in ?
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 2:29 pm

bootime wrote:
macci wrote:

Damn, I was hoping it wouldn't be so early....

This is for the PNC show - not sure if it's universal or not.
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Spc66 wrote:
Did they ask what proof of purchase you need to get in ?

You need to have the email with your name (the one that came today) & ID I believe
Back to top Go down
Spc66
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:02 pm

Thanks , thank god it's not the original email ,mine got deleted !
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Times seem to be different per venue. For Vienna it's entry at 3:30 / soundcheck at 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre Show Packages   Pre Show Packages - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre Show Packages
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next