DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rollin' and Tumblin' music video

Go down 
+18
bringiton_ty
crsmsi
jzancan
sinkorswimmydear
JimmyB
bradleyjp
The Last Jukebox Romeo
The_River
Harbortown
Steve70s
Jaws
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
Zach_Edelman
zerb012345
ivienco
jensomniac
enola
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Empty
PostSubject: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Teaser:

Full video tomorrow (30/7)

Looks very promising to me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:50 pm

bounce 
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:01 pm

Yeah just saw it!!! Gosh I'm so stoked about this album I feel I'm 14 again when I could get uber excited about anything remotely related to my favorite bands...
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:14 pm

Looks more promising than that terrible Get Hurt video.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:06 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
Looks more promising than that terrible Get Hurt video.

I can't believe how polarized the opinions on the Get Hurt vid are. I'm glad someone kinda feels the same way about it, too...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:12 am

Full video is online:

I like it. Again it is different to what they have done before and the dancers add an interesting element to it. But I guess I was expecting more of a story when they posted the photos of the face-painted dancers during the shoot. What a Face  Anyway I do really like it, especially the lighting effects and the end when they face each other. And I love Brian's kinda devilish smile in between  Surprised 

For me both videos are great and show something new but I prefer the darkness of Get Hurt.

Last edited by enola on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:22 am

enola wrote:
It's online:

WOW! Now that is a fucking awesome video!
The black & white effects, plus the lighting in the background make the whole thing come together perfectly. The dancers are great. Especially the ending - I had to replay it to make sure I wasn't crazy..
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:35 am

Don't know if anyone really cares. But I immediately wanted to see what was flashing during the video. Here's some. - nothing too interesting Razz

Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Image11

Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Image15

Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Image13
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:56 am

Thanks for catching those Andrew. I only saw the one with "series company pictures" and that took a few tries!

If Brian wants to perform this song with all those facial expressions, gestures, etc. during live shows, I would not object. Definitely added a little extra kick to the song! (not that it needed it)

Love that switch at the end with the dancer singing the last line. BTW pretty sure that was the same lead dancer as the Get Hurt video. Anyone else notice this? or am I seeing things?

I LOVE everything about the band's role in this, and again love the affects. Juries still out on the role of the dancers but I think I'm pleased with that element to. At least mostly pleased. The pace of the video is weird (slower than I expected) but I like that too. All in all, I'm very happy with this!

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:27 am

Another really cool video. Actually laughed at the "right" part.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:30 am

Marshall stacks too!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:10 am

Hm.

The video kinda disappointed me. Honestly it doesn't seem like they put much effort into it, it's essentially the same idea as Get hurt; Put a couple dancers in a room, let the band play in said room. Except this time the room is just a big empty space of nothing, as opposed to a worn down, down on its luck bar.

Not that I had any expectations to begin with, considering what a boring song RnT actually is.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:45 am

The Marshall cabs on the back are ridiculous. I hate that. If you're not playing them, they don't look cool. They look cliche.
Especially coming from these gear nerds playing small combos only, I'm really surprised they thought it looked cool.

Beside that it's alright. I like it.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 8:31 am

Harbortown wrote:
Hm.

The video kinda disappointed me. Honestly it doesn't seem like they put much effort into it, it's essentially the same idea as Get hurt; Put a couple dancers in a room, let the band play in said room. Except this time the room is just a big empty space of nothing, as opposed to a worn down, down on its luck bar.

Not that I had any expectations to begin with, considering what a boring song RnT actually is.

I expected a little more but I do feel the dancing here, they do tell me something that goes with the vibe of the song. And probably Brian's facial expressions helped too haahhaha

Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:30 am

I don't love it like I do Bring It On's video it's better than Get Hurt's
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:37 am

I don't understand how you can like this video more than Get Hurt. What about it is better?
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:41 am

Yeah I personally prefer Get Hurt's...I like the black and white and (again) the whole lighting. But the Get Hurt video had a much better setting and I feel that the dancing actually related to the song much more.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 pm

Get Hurt's video felt incredibly ridiculous to me.

This one has that same feeling because of the dancing. I like the look of the set better, the black and white, the face paint, the lighting, the camera angles, what Brian's doing.

I also feel that R&T doesn't have as much of a story to tell as Get Hurt did due to the nature of the song. Get Hurt had a real message to get across that the video didn't, at least to me. R&T's story didn't need as much attention as Get Hurt's deserved. See what I'm saying? Like Bring it On, Handwritten, and Behold the Hurricane had messages that the video got across full of emotion. I felt no emotion in Get Hurt.

There's just something about Get Hurt that doesn't add up for me. All of that said, I don't really like either video.

Harbor, I'm also curious about what you think of Stay Vicious, haven't seen you comment yet.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Well, I feel neither actually reflects what the songs try to convey, or at least what it tells me. The dancing, fast-paced in Get Hurt, slow-paced in Rollin' and Tumblin', feels a little less awkward in RnT than it does in Get Hurt, is all.

I agree with zerb012345 on this one.
Back to top Go down
bradleyjp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
bradleyjp

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:27 pm

Better than the last video, for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://bradleyjp.me
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:34 pm

Do you guys think that Rollin and Tumblin and Get hurt are theatrically connected?
Back to top Go down
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:26 pm

yeah, it's the same girl i think. i think both videos are okay. but they are not so special or as good as the ones from AS or '59 . best videos are in my opinion from handwritten.

anyone knows if they are from the same director?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:31 pm

zerb012345 wrote:

Harbor, I'm also curious about what you think of Stay Vicious, haven't seen you comment yet.
I think it's fantastic, but I really wish they had made two songs out of it rather than one. Both "pieces" are great, but the crossover feels kind of forced if you ask me. The faster part is like an 80s version of Old white Lincoln, and the heavy riff feels like Too much blood, only this time it's done right.

They shoulda done two separate songs....but I don't know, I might just change my mind on that eventually.
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Harbortown wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

I think it's fantastic, but I really wish they had made two songs out of it rather than one. Both "pieces" are great, but the crossover feels kind of forced if you ask me. The faster part is like an 80s version of Old white Lincoln, and the heavy riff feels like Too much blood, only this time it's done right.

They shoulda done two separate songs....but I don't know, I might just change my mind on that eventually.

^This.

I think the transition from the chorus back into the verses works well, but every time the intensity of the verse drops into the chorus, I'm just like, "eh." Needs some sort of transition.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 7:57 am

I don't get it. At the same, I'm not sure there is anything to get. Are the dancers and the makeup supposed to mean anything? Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' music video   Rollin' and Tumblin' music video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rollin' and Tumblin' music video
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next