DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)

Go down 
+5
jensomniac
23Punk
steady now steady now
Shrewsbury_Stars
cmigs
9 posters
AuthorMessage
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Empty
PostSubject: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:13 am

Molly and the Zombies is opening for Jesse Malin at Bowery Electric on 7/30. Going to be a long night for Randy Schrager and Kat Popper since they're in both bands.

Tickets here: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=5227175&pl=boweryelectric

If you've never seen Jesse before, you're in for a treat - he's a great songwriter and puts on one hell of a rock show. Saw him play last night and he has a lot of excellent new songs. His last record, Love it to Life, is a good starting point for anyone who doesn't know his stuff.

Oddly, him opening for Gaslight at Terminal 5 in 2009 is what got me to listen to Gaslight for the first time, so it's exciting to see him and Brian play a full show together again. Hoping for a collaboration like at the Bell House.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:35 am

Sweet. Thanks for sharing this info. This will be an awesome show.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:54 am

If only we Europeans could enjoy a bit of MATZ live too.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:07 am

Jesse malin is a great singer/ songwriter I have almost all of his solo albums, can't wait to hear his new album. One of my favorite albums by him is Glitter in the Gutter released in 2007, it has all great songs on it. To me Jesse is a mix between Bob Dylan, Jacob Dylan, Willie Nile, and Bruce. He should be as big as Bruce in my opinion. His songs are incredible and full of life.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:13 am

This set from last fall has a number of Jesse's new songs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_oL7lxTjnM
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:53 am

Yes, thank you for the link and info, appreciate it!

The poster graphic on the ticket landing page has Thursday July 30 on it. Going to presume since TicketWeb has the event posted for Wednesday July 30, that the graphic is a typo and the show is Wednesday not Thursday.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:00 pm

That's awesome. Bowery electric is a cool, very small venue.

PS: Jesse Malin owns the place, so no doubt why it's booked there Smile
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:28 pm

^ Agreed. Saw Jesse and BF do Strummerville in Feb 2013 there. This should be a really fun, intimate show!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Well, I got my ticket. I've been to every performance MATZ has done so far, can't break my streak, right? (I'm spoiled)
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:55 pm

cmigs wrote:
Molly and the Zombies is opening for Jesse Malin at Bowery Electric on 7/30. Going to be a long night for Randy Schrager and Kat Popper since they're in both bands.

Tickets here: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=5227175&pl=boweryelectric

If you've never seen Jesse before, you're in for a treat - he's a great songwriter and puts on one hell of a rock show. Saw him play last night and he has a lot of excellent new songs. His last record, Love it to Life, is a good starting point for anyone who doesn't know his stuff.

Oddly, him opening for Gaslight at Terminal 5 in 2009 is what got me to listen to Gaslight for the first time, so it's exciting to see him and Brian play a full show together again. Hoping for a collaboration like at the Bell House.

Awesome, thank you!!!

Same for me, I checked out Gaslight back in 2009 because Jesse Malin was opening for them at House of Blues in 2009. Have seem him several times, including at Bowery Electric, one of my favorite performers. Just ordered my ticket, definitely worth the trip from Boston.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:28 pm

I also have to say that it's pretty awesome that MATZ is operating as somewhat of a going concern. That would be great if they could keep playing gigs here and there well into the future. Of course . . that would probably require some more songs.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:29 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Well, I got my ticket. I've been to every performance MATZ has done so far, can't break my streak, right? (I'm spoiled)

Hope they don't end up playing Australia or something because they could become a pretty expensive streak to maintain.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 pm

I was about to buy a ticket but is it just me or does it not say molly anymore  scratch 
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Eeep, nope. Not just you. Ruh-roh.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Debonair wrote:
I was about to buy a ticket but is it just me or does it not say molly anymore  scratch 

It certainly doesn't. And the Bowery Electric website doesn't either.

http://www.theboweryelectric.com/?m=20140730&cat=6

WTF?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:39 pm

I don't like this! Ugh, if I dropped 20 bucks on a will call ticket and they're not gonna be there, I'm gonna be pissed. I mean, sure I'd like to see Jesse Malin but not for 20 bucks with no other artist I know on the bill.  No 
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Just talked to Bowery Electric. MATZ pulled out -- apparently Brian has to go out of town at the last minute.

The show may be cancelled all together, or re-scheduled. They're not sure yet.

In the interim -- Bowery Electric said you can contact Ticketweb for a refund, and they will give one.

Edited to add: The lady I spoke with, who I believe was one of the co owners/managers was very apologetic. She said the show would have been crazy.

Last edited by njguy99 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Man, talk about a dry hump.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:03 pm

Thanks for the update, Scott, stuff happens.
...and clearly these are not the droids we're looking for.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks for getting us some answers Scott. What a bummer. But I'm glad we found out now, and not a few days before or something.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:59 pm

That is a huge bummer.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 6:17 pm

New line-up announced without MATZ:

http://www.bandsintown.com/event/8303237?artist=Jesse+Malin&came_from=217
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 am

There is a second show on August 6 scheduled with "Special Guests". Maybe there is a chance they could make that date instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)    Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly and the Zombies - Bowery Electric 7/30 (canceled)
Page 1 of 1