DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )

Go down 
+58
njguy99
Vanderlyle Geek
enola
bt211
JacksSmirkingRevenge
colmillionaire
mvw
NervousFeet
TGAFAN25
Harbortown
luckyman
HorribleCrowe
Rizz
rem999
ivienco
DeathoftheCool
rumham
thomas94
Jack
Anya_TGA
jzancan
Holland
White Man In Hammersmith
HolyBreakOfDay
The_River
ifieverstray
Steve70s
steady now steady now
33RPMHero
eagles1139
PennStateRLZ
nebraska
JimmyB
zerb012345
StitchesOnTheRadio
flannel
bradleyjp
sinkorswimmydear
Prisoner
The Last Jukebox Romeo
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
pleasepassthesoup
FrankieG
RobertODonnell
kappanera
pepperedham
CapedAvenger
jonnyz83
poormrpitiful
Christophe
NeverTrustAJunkie
Hasler09
Jaws
matkins
angryjohnny27
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Zach_Edelman
Debonair
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 1:49 pm

I find this song very intimate and sad... I kinda almost feel like I'm hearing something I'm not supposed to. It's so weird, he's pouring his heart out and it's so sad. Makes me think of him in a totally different way somehow...

Just wow.

Last edited by ivienco on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 2:20 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I am not listening to anything else from it now.  Not even if they are officially released-I want to be surprised.

I'm with ya Jimmy. I don't want to know half of the songs before the record is out like I did with Handwritten. I hope nothing else gets out though because I honestly have no self control.
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 3:09 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
I haven't heard it yet, but I am fascinated by the enthusiasm this song generates, compared to the slightly more forced appreciation that RnT got. Makes one wonder who picks the singles.

Couldn't agree more about the "forced appreciation". Just because it's new doesn't mean it's good. However, I don't mind them having to release a "single". 45 isn't a great song but they needed to get something onto the radio. I guess the same thought goes for RnT.

What's really fascinating is the decision about what song gets to be a single and what song doesn't. I feel like "Get Hurt" would do very well, much better than RnT. Thats just my opinion. I just kind of feel like the songs that may have been written to be released as singles are often the ones that come off as trying too hard. 45 as I mentioned before, and I suspect Howl might have been included on the album for that reason. Two years later and Howl is basically just remembered as filler. I just wouldn't want that to happen to any other songs on this album.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 3:22 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I am not listening to anything else from it now.  Not even if they are officially released-I want to be surprised.

I'm with ya Jimmy. I don't want to know half of the songs before the record is out like I did with Handwritten. I hope nothing else gets out though because I honestly have no self control.

Gaslight Anthem, it's a hell of a drug!
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 5:19 pm

It's literally, phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 9:37 am

The bass line has caught my attention - really like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Love it, better than R&T. Think both will grow with repeated listens. Given me hope for the album after the teaser music.
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Another great Gaslight song liked it straight away.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 5:03 pm

I guess the other thread wasn't the right place to post the comment regarding this song so I'll repeat my opinion here.

GH completely obliterates RnT in terms of...well, everything. What a great song. If RnT gave me doubts that I'll like the album, GH reinforces my belief that TGA may very well accomplish something good.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:54 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I guess the other thread wasn't the right place to post the comment regarding this song so I'll repeat my opinion here.

GH completely obliterates RnT in terms of...well, everything. What a great song. If RnT gave me doubts that I'll like the album, GH reinforces my belief that TGA may very well accomplish something good.

A little bit of hyperbole eh buddy? Obliterates??

RnT is great.... These two song are apples and oranges apart from lyrical content, which is ace on both..

I love both songs and can't choose a favorite because they both bring such different elements to the table yet both rip the heart to shreds.
Back to top Go down
NervousFeet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
NervousFeet

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 9:48 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

RnT is great.... These two song are apples and oranges apart from lyrical content, which is ace on both..

I love both songs and can't choose a favorite because they both bring such different elements to the table yet both rip the heart to shreds.

Exactly how I feel as well. I like them both a lot but they're too hard to compare barring the lyricism.
Back to top Go down
mvw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Loving this song. It reminds me a little of Brian's Damien Rice cover if 9 crimes.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 3:27 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Naw man. To me, RnT is as cookie cutter and uninspired as Desire, whereas GH is more along the lines of heartbreak epics like We did it when we were young.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:50 am

I think this is where to put this.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-the-gaslight-anthems-dramatic-single-get-hurt-premiere-20140702
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:52 am

'2010's Handwritten' very good Rolling Stone  Clap 
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:55 am

Please do share this with any and everyone you know. Giving this song a big push before it gets to radio could help it on radio and give our boys a boost!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 12:17 pm

I'm not as scared anymore for this record, this song is actually great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 12:23 pm

No longer a leak. But of course no links to rips/request for rips since this can be purchased on the main album.
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 1:06 pm

First pass.

Sometimes I wake up in the morning
Sometimes I dream some more
I keep my wounds without a bandage, baby
As I come stumblin' through the door

Spend my nights in this location
Talkin' to spirits on the floor
I think I came to find a feeling, baby
Between what was mine and what was yours

And I came to get hurt
Might as well do your worst to me, yeah yeah
Have you come here to get her?
Have you come to take her away from me, from me, from me?
Might as well do your worst to me

I think I'm gonna move to California
Mama, can you say a prayer for me?
I heard they don't get so lowdown
I heard they never bleed, not like we bleed

I came to get hurt

And it gets pretty late and the stations will change
And the things once in order now seem so strange
One side could tell all the hurt apart from myself
Now all I can see is the need, the need

That I came to get hurt

And maybe you needed a change, and maybe I was in the way
Maybe some things they stay, and some things go away
And maybe I was me, and maybe you were not the same
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:17 pm

JacksSmirkingRevenge wrote:
First pass.

ahem, why not just check the lyrics thread at https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5490-get-hurt-song-lyrics
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:37 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
JacksSmirkingRevenge wrote:
First pass.

ahem, why not just check the lyrics thread at https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5490-get-hurt-song-lyrics

Oops, sorry! Didn't see it, my bad.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Christophe wrote:
'2010's Handwritten' very good Rolling Stone  Clap 

hahaha. It's really sad how frequently stupid mistakes like this pop up in articles on this band. I'm pretty sure that when Handwritten came out, some article called it the band's THIRD LP. Have writers gotten THAT lazy, that they can't even do a simple google search to fact check their own articles?
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 10:51 pm

I just listened and I love it. It's great complement next to Rollin' and Tumblin' because they sound so different from each other.  
This just made the start of the holiday weekend even better.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 10:55 pm

I was really hoping it would be higher quality than it is. I want to hear this song in the best way possible.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:12 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
I was really hoping it would be higher quality than it is. I want to hear this song in the best way possible.

I found at least two different links when this leaked, and both sounded better than this. I'm not sure what to make of that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next