DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)

Go down 
+22
bringiton_ty
zerb012345
Jaws
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Harbortown
JimmyB
kappanera
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Anya_TGA
eagles1139
mingus
bradleyjp
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
angryjohnny27
RobertODonnell
sinkorswimmydear
borrowedcar
mja271
Vanderlyle Geek
pepperedham
Franco3088
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Franco3088
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:16 pm

Video of Get Hurt just got released:

Back to top Go down
pepperedham
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pepperedham

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:16 pm

That was like a concert set in Twin Peaks.

I wonder how many times they couldn't keep a straight face during the chorus.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:19 pm

Pretty weird video
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Merge   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:52 pm

i love the song but that was a weird f'n video. like is the song about seizures? is that what is hurting? i don't think so. very interesting direction
Back to top Go down
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:02 pm

depressive, just like the song.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:07 pm

pepperedham wrote:

Haha, yeah. I was definitely getting a David Lynch vibe while I was watching it.

I was expecting the whole skeletal face paint aspect to be more overblown than it was. It was really just a bunch of people doing weird dance moves. Ehh, I don't love it or hate it.
Back to top Go down
angryjohnny27
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
angryjohnny27

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:15 pm

I think it's their best clip to date, maybe. Look simple, but have an atmosphere that fits perfect with the song.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
pepperedham wrote:

Haha, yeah. I was definitely getting a David Lynch vibe while I was watching it.

I was expecting the whole skeletal face paint aspect to be more overblown than it was. It was really just a bunch of people doing weird dance moves. Ehh, I don't love it or hate it.

I don't see the skeleton face paint? Remember they shot both R&T and get hurt, so I'm guessing they are in R&T. And Alex L posted that video with them dancing to R&T
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:38 pm

I'm not sure what my thoughts are on this one yet. I love the setting, and the fact that the band was in it. I also love the editing. As far as the rest, I don't know yet, I'll have to watch it a few more times. Right now, I like the dancers, but at the same time, I find myself laughing at them in certain moments. And the girl dancing in the very beginning (0:18) before the first chorus, reminds me way too much of the H&M advertisements I see on billboards in times square every day when I go to work. But their videos (post-American Slang) tend to need to grow on me, and it already is, so that's good.

@Harry Lime I think the skeletal face paint stuff is gonna be in the rollin' and tumblin video.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:46 pm

here comes my man was better, i like the idea of the video but its execution didn't go as well as i think they thought it did, just kind of weird. love the song though
Back to top Go down
bradleyjp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
bradleyjp

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:53 pm

That was different to say the least.
Back to top Go down
http://bradleyjp.me
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:31 pm

LOVE this.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:47 pm

I think its weird and cool. Kinda wished they just went all out and got even frickin weirder...maybe more ferret shots.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 6:10 pm

it's a weird video, I have expected sth different, but I like it...it's different xd
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Phenomenal song, but I'm not a fan of the music video at all. I'm all for weird, but this just seems pointlessly strange. It seemed to be weird just for the sake of being weird.
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Love the atmosphere until the people start dancing.Overall good video, it probably would have hit me more if I didn't know the song.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 pm

First- It STILL blows me away, the song I mean. Second, I like the video-shows how each person feels hurt differently by different dancing styles. I also like how the band itself is featured in here, which brings up another point. Is it just me, or does brian look well, different than he usually does. I mean, did he clean shaven himself, haircut, lose some weight? Overall, good video for an amazing song.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:55 pm

I thought it was awesome.

The song is about heartbreak and the video touches that subject right away. The downtrodden people sitting around drinking alcohol, dancing with hurtful facial expressions. The video just smells of booze and cigarettes. I really do appreciate how they're trying to do something different.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 9:02 pm

All I'm going to add to what has already been said is that the lighting in this video is superb, it really does make the whole thing click. The dark, gloomy atmosphere with those gorgeous blue lights behind the band. It really is visually beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm

I love the video. Aside from being genuinely well made, it's very different for the band and really unique. I love when the main character dances alone in front of the band.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:06 pm

I don't know. I mean. It's not my favorite. I like how the band is in there, and they look great, and all of that is nice. I liked it at the start, but then just...the dancing. What exactly does it have to do with the song? It's a little absurd to me.
BUT I love the look and feel of it. The editing, filmography, just how it all looks. Of course the song is amazing.
But the dancing...
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:09 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
I liked it at the start, but then just...the dancing. What exactly does it have to do with the song? It's a little absurd to me.
BUT I love the look and feel of it. The editing, filmography, just how it all looks. Of course the song is amazing.
But the dancing...

My thoughts exactly. The whole video looked and felt great but some of the dancing was pretty ridiculous. I audibly laughed at 1:58.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:22 pm

JimmyB wrote:
First- It STILL blows me away, the song I mean.  Second, I like the video-shows how each person feels hurt differently by different dancing styles.  I also like how the band itself is featured in here, which brings up another point.  Is it just me, or does brian look well, different than he usually does.  I mean, did he clean shaven himself, haircut, lose some weight? Overall, good video for an amazing song.

i actually thought benny and alex r looked quite spiffy
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:33 am

Mike_Millburys_Shoe wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
I liked it at the start, but then just...the dancing. What exactly does it have to do with the song? It's a little absurd to me.
But the dancing...

My thoughts exactly. The whole video looked and felt great but some of the dancing was pretty ridiculous. I audibly laughed at 1:58.

I think the dancing is just meant to be a physical expression of a feeling (in particular, feeling "hurt"), if that makes any sense. That's what I got from it. That said, I do think some of it seems rather ridiculous, BUT I think it would've been better if it was even MORE over the top. That would make it less comical and more convincing. But that's me being picky. I can't get over how gorgeous it looks though and the editing.  

borrowedcar wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
First- It STILL blows me away, the song I mean.  Second, I like the video-shows how each person feels hurt differently by different dancing styles.  I also like how the band itself is featured in here, which brings up another point.  Is it just me, or does brian look well, different than he usually does.  I mean, did he clean shaven himself, haircut, lose some weight? Overall, good video for an amazing song.

i actually thought benny and alex r looked quite spiffy

I agree, all the guys looked spiffy. And Jimmy, it's not just you but Brian's looked like that since at least December pretty much, with the occasional scruffy beard here or there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)   'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' music video Discussion. (Out Now)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next