DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This Is Where We Part Lyrics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

This Is Where We Part Lyrics Empty
PostSubject: This Is Where We Part Lyrics   This Is Where We Part Lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 10:50 pm

Hey everyone. I don't post here much. But I found the new Gaslight song on YouTube today, and I've been sitting here trying to figure out the lyrics. This is what I've got so far:

This Is Where We Part

Blazing through the cinder,
Wearing nothing but the future
On my sleeve
Wallowing nostalgia
Tiny ? reining supreme
Caught you running scared
Of the drum inside of me
Beating with the ? with your heart
Another fire’s just been lit
Another sets been blown to bits
And ??
This is where we part
This is where we part
Let’s not ? the subject
Or keep dwelling in your stories
Granted we’re above it
And why is there such a need to tell her so?
And what went through your mind
To think I’m naturally inclined
And all in all these songs I haven’t(?) sung by heart
The plain truth of it all is we heed two different calls
A match made in the wrong turn drawing straws
This is where we part
Walked around these burdens
Thinking this is all it’s ever gonna be
With a strange sense of entitlement
‘Bout something ? to me
And they hang on every word
A complacent raconteur
All I can hear is we’re taking too far
I’ve seen forks in the road before
And ? don’t treat no more
My memory lain and what it does to the heart
This is where we part
This is where we part
This is where we part

Obviously, the question marks are the lyrics I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: This Is Where We Part Lyrics   This Is Where We Part Lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 10:57 pm

Just to clarify its an unreleased twopointeight song cover. If you didn't know. I already typed up the lyrics from the 7" back in a different thread. here ya go:

Blazing through the cinder wearing nothing but the future on your sleeve. Wallow in nostalgia in your tiny universe, reigning supreme. Caught you running scared of the drum inside your head. Beating with the past, not with your heart. Another fire's just been lit, another set's been blown to bits, an indifferent ending to the perfect start. And this is where we part. Let's not loop the subject or keep dwelling in your stories anymore. Granted we're above it, then why is there such a need to tell them so? What went through your mind thinking I'm naturally inclined. Knowing all these songs and have them sung by heart. The plain truth of it all is we heed two different calls. A match made in a wrong turn, drawing straws. And this is where we part. Waltz around these burdens thinking this is all it's ever gonna be. A strange sense of entitlement lit up by something ominous to me. (They) hang on ever word. A complacent raconteur. All I can hear is hurt taken too far. I've seen forks in the road before, I'm not intrigued no more by memory lane and what it does to the heart. And this is where we part.
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: This Is Where We Part Lyrics   This Is Where We Part Lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 11:07 pm

EDIT: Just saw Debonair's post above mine...posted as I wrote. Still leaving this here, even though some of it's wrong. Credit for effort, blah blah blah.

In order, I think I got all of them...

Tiny universe, I think

Beating with the past?

And a different ending to the perfect start

Let's not ruin the subject

"haven't" sounds correct

Bout something ominous to me

And I don't treat no more
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: This Is Where We Part Lyrics   This Is Where We Part Lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Debonair wrote:
Just to clarify its an unreleased twopointeight song cover. If you didn't know. I already typed up the lyrics from the 7" back in a different thread. here ya go:

Blazing through the cinder wearing nothing but the future on your sleeve. Wallow in nostalgia in your tiny universe, reigning supreme. Caught you running scared of the drum inside your head. Beating with the past, not with your heart. Another fire's just been lit, another set's been blown to bits, an indifferent ending to the perfect start. And this is where we part. Let's not loop the subject or keep dwelling in your stories anymore. Granted we're above it, then why is there such a need to tell them so? What went through your mind thinking I'm naturally inclined. Knowing all these songs and have them sung by heart. The plain truth of it all is we heed two different calls. A match made in a wrong turn, drawing straws. And this is where we part. Waltz around these burdens thinking this is all it's ever gonna be. A strange sense of entitlement lit up by something ominous to me. (They) hang on ever word. A complacent raconteur. All I can hear is hurt taken too far. I've seen forks in the road before, I'm not intrigued no more by memory lane and what it does to the heart. And this is where we part.

Oh.  Sorry.  I didn't know.  I had searched for parts of the lyrics, and I guess I was totally off that Google didn't come up with anything. But that'd make sense as it's unreleased. Thanks for the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Is Where We Part Lyrics   This Is Where We Part Lyrics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Is Where We Part Lyrics
Page 1 of 1