DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone from Minnesota mind answering a few questions?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Commander Vimes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Commander Vimes

Anyone from Minnesota mind answering a few questions?  Empty
PostSubject: Anyone from Minnesota mind answering a few questions?    Anyone from Minnesota mind answering a few questions?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 10:36 am

Basically, I'm looking at doing some volunteering and a farm that supports people with learning disabilities has caught my eye. http://www.camphillvillage-minnesota.org/

The placement would be for 6 months (that I believe I can choose)  so which would be the most pleasant?

What are the levels of tolerance/acceptance like for the LGBT community? I'm reading mixed things.

How religious is it? Since this tends to be linked to the second question. Once again, I can't seem to get a clear picture.

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Anyone from Minnesota mind answering a few questions?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Minnesota mind answering a few questions?    Anyone from Minnesota mind answering a few questions?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 3:36 pm

I can't see any of the places you have to choose from as there appears to be something wrong with the website, but Minnesota is a wonderful place. People there are reputably friendly (Minnesota nice, google it) and generally people there are LGBT from what I gathered went I went there. Of course in the rural areas it's probably a bit more conservative but on the grand scale of things Minnesota is awesome.
Back to top Go down

Anyone from Minnesota mind answering a few questions?
Page 1 of 1