DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Minnesota

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
notsoslo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
notsoslo

Hello from Minnesota Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 1:19 am

Hello everyone,
I have been listening since the 59 sound came out. It is actually the song that hooked me on them. What prompted me to make an account is sharing something that happened to me today, something that I am sure has happened to many people on here. Anyways I got home from a 10 hour shift today to hear that my great grandma has about a week to three weeks to live. Okay, that sucks. Text my boss and tell him I need time off to drive and see her one last time before she passes. For me he will do anything he can, I pull shifts on my days off to help out, stay late, come in early whatever is needed to make the store run. Anyways, while I am sitting in my room trying to figure everything out I have a youtube mix playing in the background. Everything came to a stop in my head and emotions flowed when I heard 1930 come on, It is the thing that has broken me tonight. I know that this is supposed to be a get to know you type post but this is what came to my mind. For those of you who know what I am talking about I am sorry for your pain and loss. It sucks.

Notsoslo
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 6:03 pm

first of all, welcome to the forum

I am so sorry to hear that..my grandma passed away before I got into The Gaslight Anthem and therefore I havent thought of her during that song...maybe next time when I will listen to it
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 7:25 pm

1930 really is a beautiful song.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Minnesota
Page 1 of 1