DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP

Go down 
+14
Jerseyrain
enola
steady now steady now
rumham
Debonair
colmillionaire
TGAFAN25
StitchesOnTheRadio
eagles1139
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Yozzy
brucesboots
Shrewsbury_Stars
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
'49mercury

The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP   The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 3:27 am

eagles1139 wrote:
I think the addition of You Really Got a Hold On Me in the She Loves You outro makes it the best version of that song yet. Fits so perfectly

completely agree, the outro was what made it stand out for me.
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP   The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm having difficulty verbalizing this constructively (you've been warned, I just need to get express this and get it out of my system), but I find these recordings to be frustratingly bad. They're just so dull to me. I listened the first time and didn't like it. Gave it a day or so, went back again, nope. Went back again, Jesus Christ. I've never heard Gaslight (in this case, Brian) sound so boring. It may just be a comparison to other versions we've heard previously, but the guitar sounds like it was done half-asleep. This is how I imagine Brian sounds when he's tired at the end of the day and is in his room alone.

I think 45 is just a bad recording of a good version we've heard before.

She Loves You is one of the best Gaslight songs for me, so I can't really hate on it too much here (but still, that guitar...), and while I enjoy when singers get emphatic in their vocals and then drop it back down, it doesn't work here.

Handwritten...just...no...

"Just...fucking sing it, man!" the voice in my head yelled into my speakers. Even in my mellowest of moods, I just can't handle these recordings.

Interestingly enough, many people on here (in my experience) aren't big fans of his acoustic performances (I personally love them), until he releases these acoustic versions, then it's flipped.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP   The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 9:34 am

Link to the 3 Gaslight songs (mp3) is posted in the ARML ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP   The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 10:26 am

jzancan wrote:
I'm having difficulty verbalizing this constructively (you've been warned, I just need to get express this and get it out of my system), but I find these recordings to be frustratingly bad.  They're just so dull to me. I listened the first time and didn't like it.  Gave it a day or so, went back again, nope.  Went back again, Jesus Christ.  I've never heard Gaslight (in this case, Brian) sound so boring.  It may just be a comparison to other versions we've heard previously, but the guitar sounds like it was done half-asleep.  This is how I imagine Brian sounds when he's tired at the end of the day and is in his room alone.  

I think 45 is just a bad recording of a good version we've heard before.

She Loves You is one of the best Gaslight songs for me, so I can't really hate on it too much here (but still, that guitar...), and while I enjoy when singers get emphatic in their vocals and then drop it back down, it doesn't work here.

Handwritten...just...no...

"Just...fucking sing it, man!" the voice in my head yelled into my speakers.  Even in my mellowest of moods, I just can't handle these recordings.

Interestingly enough, many people on here (in my experience) aren't big fans of his acoustic performances (I personally love them), until he releases these acoustic versions, then it's flipped.

Its funny cause this literally is the first time he's done stuff acoustically that I've actually liked. Go figure ya know?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP   The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:19 pm

I usually like the acoustic stuff, and I liked this as well. A bit different, but really good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP   The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Scandals and Gaslight Anthem to Release 5 Song EP
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2