DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"

Go down 
+3
MKULTRA
riversedge
fullcollapse
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons" Empty
PostSubject: New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"   New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:36 pm

http://engineerrecords.bandcamp.com/track/our-fathers-sons-08-demo-exclusive

For a good cause!

Thoughts? I'm still too busy making questionable noises and excitedly banging on things to really form coherent thoughts at this time.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"   New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Sounds very johhny cash esque to me
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"   New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:59 pm

riversedge wrote:
Sounds very johhny cash esque to me

yeah especially that guitar at the beginning
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"   New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Yeah sounds a bit like I walk the line. I like it though, it's very different from the other tracks on the 59 sound
Back to top Go down
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
ExitEnglish

PostSubject: Re: New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"   New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:48 pm

this is really, really good
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"   New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:11 pm

I love this! Yes, it's a demo and may sound low quality, but still, I think the song is great and could have the potential to sound amazing if recorded properly. This is the type of TGA style/sound that I fell in love with!

I'm not sure how the song would've fit in with "The 59' Sound", as it's difficult to determine how production, especially from "T59S", would have changed the demo. Regardless of whether or not the song would've fit in with "T59'S", I'm still liking it alot! I hope the new album has stuff like this on it and goes back to a sound/style similar to "T59S" and "SATQ.

I know I've only heard Biloxi Parish live and don't get me wrong, I definitely do like it, but I enjoy this demo even more.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"   New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:57 pm

The fading guitar bit at the end sounds suspiciously like the opening to Great Expectations, prehaps this was included in an original draft of the album setlist?
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"   New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Philo wrote:
The fading guitar bit at the end sounds suspiciously like the opening to Great Expectations, prehaps this was included in an original draft of the album setlist?

I think maybe it might have been the opening song... seems like an odd opener but i'm heard stranger so Smile
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"   New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:23 am

Well I mean Great Expectations could have been at a different place in the album. If they're starting to play the riff it makes me wonder if there is a demo of this quality of Great Expectations that they recorded at the exact same time. That would be really cool to hear.

Of course, they could have just thrown the riff in at the end too and repurposed it later in Great Expectations. For some reason I doubt it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"   New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New (old) Gaslight song - "Our Father's Sons"
Page 1 of 1