DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US / CAN Tour 2013

Go down 
+99
TGA30
Jaws
HorribleCrowe
Hirti
Holland
mingus
Sabbi
Debonair
turnitin2004
ACA
IKeeptheDiner
cephcarn4
jdc
GlennR
xstevenbx
parno
bakerfall
Daire
AngryJohnnyN1930
AmSlang59
Prisoner
Jack
henn
19thirty
GuitarMike
moonlight
MKULTRA
The Last Jukebox Romeo
_rebekka_
rumham
cdala
thomas94
CasanovaBaby90
brucesboots
luckyman
janiejones
Steve70s
cmigs
jonester
lol_paul_ledoux
prettyontheinsidex
big blue
bt211
B701
SirBrad
imaxcowboyx
Christophe
The Poet Jonah
adreed
baggio16
spokes44
reched
Kosburn59
chickenman
FrankieG
ashleybb
Jerseyrain
eagles1139
pjk
onbackstreetsinbackseats
JukeboxJuliet
mvw
wvmark73
LittleEden
beholdhurricanej
borrowedcar
HighLonesome
Hanswurst
Camus
NYYFAN523
azlisa
DeathoftheCool
enola
CluckyB
colmillionaire
OldManShoes3
Rizz
Dimestore Romeo
33RPMHero
madsmom
TGAFAN25
Don Carlo
jamesh2
Reinvent good times
NeverTrustAJunkie
matkins
LuceroDiehard
ExitEnglish
redheadchick
moconnell23
knuckles
simo
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
pookieray
njguy99
StitchesOnTheRadio
Zach_Edelman
Grant Michael
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 pm

That's funny. I love Howl. I feel like its the song on HW that is closest sounding to their older albums and roots.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 2:23 pm

ral wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
I mean (with the exception of too much blood) a bad gaslight anthem song is still better than 99% of all other music, and the crowd was still fun and energetic, and they sounded alright -- I probably had more fun during the show than most other shows that I leave feeling happy, but like I donno. I but can't help but feel kinda bummed by that. Probably just let down by my impossibly high standards (or... you could say... my Great Expectations. hahaha)

I'm guilty of this sometimes as well. The shows are great in the moment but it's hard to not be slightly disappointed after the fact when you compare the "vanilla" sets to longer, more varied setlists. I haven't experienced this as much with Gaslight but I've seen Pearl Jam a lot. It's most definitely unreasonable/unfair but at each show, you're hoping they can top their last in regards to setlist/rarities. I've been lucky enough to see some absolutely great shows from both bands but I still want to hear certain songs every night.

The issue isn't not seeing rarities. The issue is that apparently ALL of their first two albums are now suddenly "rarities". Thats dumb. Sink or Swim is still their second best album. I get that they've played those songs a lot and are probably getting tired of it, but it feels like they are saying "We don't actually give a crap about the fans who are more into our earlier stuff anymore"
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Quote :
"We don't actually give a crap about the fans who are more into our earlier stuff anymore"

Didn't they just play all of Senor at a very recent show?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:40 pm

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/albums/the-gaslight-anthem-2bd644fa.html?tour=Handwritten+Tour

This shows album statistics for this tour. I love setlist.fm.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:26 pm

i think the "average setlist" from setlist.fm is fairly accurate, from what i've seen from the tour. it draws from what the site calls the "handwritten tour," which is collection of 14 shows mostly from the last 2 months but going as far back as last summer.

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/the-gaslight-anthem-2bd644fa.html?tour=Handwritten+Tour

of course playing whatever they play with passion is more important to me than what songs they play.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:40 pm

It's expected that older songs will get bounced for new ones. I guess you should have just gone to shows before 2010 if you wanted to see them do the older stuff :\

I agree with Shelby- go in with zero expectations. With Gaslight you never know what they're going to do. They could decide to do a bunch of old songs the night after your show. Which is why some of us go a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Just got this email:

Quote :
Dear Gaslight Anthem fans,

It was announced today that the Gaslight Anthem show originally scheduled for June 8 has been rescheduled for September 6. The doors will open at 7pm and the show will start at 8pm.

All tickets purchased for the June 8 will be honored for the new date. If you are unable to attend and would like a refund, refunds are available at the point of purchase until May 19. If you purchased your tickets from eTix, please reply to this email with your order number by that date to receive your refund.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you enjoy the show!

Thank You,
eTix Customer Support

Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:54 pm

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK so pissed
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm pretty pissed too! Thankfully I should still be able to go, but my friend will be back at school in North Carolina so she's fucked. Why did it have to get postponed for so many months?

Back to top Go down
beholdhurricanej
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:06 am

dropping in to say I'M SO PSYCHED FOR VENTURA TOMORROW!!!

totally tempted to come to the show 2 hours early, trying to get that front row, plus beat the parking hooplah. depends how much in dire need I am for a nap after work, lol.

also have no idea what the setlists have looked like for the past 6 or so months, which is a plus.

SO EXCITED!!! my first full set show!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:25 am

beholdhurricanej wrote:
dropping in to say I'M SO PSYCHED FOR VENTURA TOMORROW!!!

totally tempted to come to the show 2 hours early, trying to get that front row, plus beat the parking hooplah. depends how much in dire need I am for a nap after work, lol.

also have no idea what the setlists have looked like for the past 6 or so months, which is a plus.

SO EXCITED!!! my first full set show!

Two suggestions (take em or leave em):

1) nap in line, front row is worth it.
2) Good! Don't look at them. Go in with no expectations and you won't be disappointed.

Have a blast! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beholdhurricanej
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:41 am

^thanks, Shelby!

Napping in line sounds great. I showed up super early for their Sunset Blvd show and it was fantastic. Hearing the reviews about the sound issues at this venue, seems like doing the same thing for this show is almost mandatory. I just hope the traffic northbound isn't too terrible on Saturdays.

Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:57 am

If you see me at the show tomorrow say what's up! I'll be wearing a menzingers shirt
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:36 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Just got this email:

Quote :
Dear Gaslight Anthem fans,

It was announced today that the Gaslight Anthem show originally scheduled for June 8 has been rescheduled for September 6. The doors will open at 7pm and the show will start at 8pm.

All tickets purchased for the June 8 will be honored for the new date. If you are unable to attend and would like a refund, refunds are available at the point of purchase until May 19. If you purchased your tickets from eTix, please reply to this email with your order number by that date to receive your refund.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you enjoy the show!

Thank You,
eTix Customer Support

The 6/13 show in Cincinnati has also been moved to September due to "scheduling conflicts". Wouldn't be surprised if an announcement regarding the rest of that week is made in the near future. What the hell was their booking agent doing lining up a week of US shows immediately before Pinkpop anyways?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:38 pm

If you look at videos from Oregon and SF, it sounds like they are playing the songs in different tunings. Higher ones, at that! Weird... Does anyone know what the meaning of this is?
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:41 pm

I really like HLAYK in the higher key Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peQJee5cvYw
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Yeah that's what I was just watching! Maybe they were having trouble with tuning their guitars full step down. Idk why they'd tune their guitars higher for brian's voice, seems illogical. Unless it's some vocally beneficial thing that i don't know about
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:51 pm

YO YO YO does anyone know what you need to bring for will call for gaslight shows? Usually it's just ID, right? that's how it was for Japandroids, doe
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:37 pm

He def sounds better than during the coachella performance, really glad to hear it Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:12 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I really like HLAYK in the higher key Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peQJee5cvYw

Wow, loved that! This is probably one of my least favorite TGA songs (I know I'm in the minority, I'm just bored of it) but it just sounds awesome in a higher key. I hope they play it like this when I see them next!
Back to top Go down
beholdhurricanej
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:01 am

Back from the show.

Opening band was stellar, I called that they were from Canada, and it turns out they were from Nova Scotia. I have the best Can-adar.

I was right in the middle, second row. I wasn't expecting a tame concert, but I was really disappointed with the crowd today as far as manners are concerned. 2 girls got kicked in the head. One couldn't get back up and was clearly knocked out, had to be lifted out. Towards the end of the show this chick got kicked in the back of the head and left in tears. Sad We had a drunk 45 year old fatass crowdsurfing FIVE (5!) times. On top of that, two fights broke out. Really killed the vibe.

As far as singing and being together and being an awesome sing-along crowd, the middle was great! The opening run (Howl > 59 Sound > Handwritten) got everyone off to a great mood, high fives abound. Got my second Senor (OMG!) as well as my first Film Noir which was a treat. Old Haunts was fantastic, as was the Tom Petty cover. Blue Dahlia got everyone absolutely nuts. Couldn't hear a word Brian was saying from the middle because of how loud it was, so I can't comment much on the sound.

Kind of a different breed of Gaslight I saw on that stage, even from when I saw them a year ago pre-Handwritten. I think they're stepping away from their Sink and Swim kind of sound and more to a classic rock kind of vibe. To be blunt, they're not as much fun anymore (still fun, just not AS fun). Call it staleness or maturity or whatever, but they've embraced it. Idk, maybe I'm just biased because some of my least favorite songs (Too Much Blood, Keepsake, Mae) have become centerpieces of the concert. Really strange. Crowd ate up those songs though, and that's all that matters. Personally, kills my vibe seeing the old stuff put on the shelf in favor of newer, mediocre stuff. Mulholland Drive is fun as hell though, lol.

All in all A+ from the band, A+ for the singing along, B for the venue, B- for the setlist, D- for the manners. Broke my heart to see those girls almost get knocked out. I know they probably should've expected it, but we can do better than that.

Thanks TGA!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:59 am

beholdhurricanej wrote:
Back from the show.

Opening band was stellar, I called that they were from Canada, and it turns out they were from Nova Scotia. I have the best Can-adar.

I was right in the middle, second row. I wasn't expecting a tame concert, but I was really disappointed with the crowd today as far as manners are concerned. 2 girls got kicked in the head. One couldn't get back up and was clearly knocked out, had to be lifted out. Towards the end of the show this chick got kicked in the back of the head and left in tears. Sad We had a drunk 45 year old fatass crowdsurfing FIVE (5!) times. On top of that, two fights broke out. Really killed the vibe.

As far as singing and being together and being an awesome sing-along crowd, the middle was great! The opening run (Howl > 59 Sound > Handwritten) got everyone off to a great mood, high fives abound. Got my second Senor (OMG!) as well as my first Film Noir which was a treat. Old Haunts was fantastic, as was the Tom Petty cover. Blue Dahlia got everyone absolutely nuts. Couldn't hear a word Brian was saying from the middle because of how loud it was, so I can't comment much on the sound.

Kind of a different breed of Gaslight I saw on that stage, even from when I saw them a year ago pre-Handwritten. I think they're stepping away from their Sink and Swim kind of sound and more to a classic rock kind of vibe. To be blunt, they're not as much fun anymore (still fun, just not AS fun). Call it staleness or maturity or whatever, but they've embraced it. Idk, maybe I'm just biased because some of my least favorite songs (Too Much Blood, Keepsake, Mae) have become centerpieces of the concert. Really strange. Crowd ate up those songs though, and that's all that matters. Personally, kills my vibe seeing the old stuff put on the shelf in favor of newer, mediocre stuff. Mulholland Drive is fun as hell though, lol.

All in all A+ from the band, A+ for the singing along, B for the venue, B- for the setlist, D- for the manners. Broke my heart to see those girls almost get knocked out. I know they probably should've expected it, but we can do better than that.

Thanks TGA!

Hey hurricanej! I too was at the show tonight.
I thought the show was great, my first gaslight show. I've been waiting to see them for five years. Based on videos I've seen and the reviews of previous shows by Dimestore folks, I'd definitely rate the show as above average for the tour.

There was actually an acoustic guy who started the show off, he was really good but i had no idea what his name was or the name of the band he's in... Anyone have a clue? I thought I heard West 69th Football Club.
Matt Mays was very twangy and energetic, they had a real huge sound and played the shit out of their tunes. Very enjoyable Very Happy

Gaslight came out to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," which seemed like a new thing, again based off videos. Brian came on stage very seriously speaking the lyrics under his breath, which I thought was very funny.
The last couple sentences by hurricane j highlight the amount of big male douchebags totally slamming the shit out of random people down in front of the stage (I'm assuming J was in the same area I was near the front pit). I saw Japandroids earlier this week, which had fun moshing in it, but a lot of the dancing going on was brutal. I had a couple of bodies flying through mid air hit me and other people, and a couple of fights almost broke out right in my general area on the left side. Having seen a decent number of rock shows, this type of shit was out of the ordinary to me. However, things settled down for the most part after the first four or five songs.

Aside from the aggressive and huge drunk dudes, I thought the crowd was pretty solid, especially for the west coast. It felt like everyone living in the SoCal area who loves Gaslight came to this show. There were a lot of moments where I was very impressed with the crowd's unity in clapping and singing, especially singing during songs from the 59 Sound and the more popular songs on Handwritten (Handwritten, 45, and Mulholland Drive, surprisingly)
The weirdest observation I noticed is that the guys are now playing all the songs in standard EADGBE tuning, making every song a full step higher. Didn't make much of a difference in the end, I just wonder what the reason for the change was.

Things Brian talked about: Selling his car, Alex R and Ian going to a shooting range, discussing how Mel Gibson is a racist, and talking about how when they do cover songs some crowds have no idea what they are (right before they played Refugee!)
Also, their guitar tech hoisted Alex R onto his shoulders during Here's Looking At You Kid solo! pretty wild
Despite the fact that nothing from Sink Or Swim was played, setlist was very good. Overall, the guys seemed to really be in a groove and played very well, and depite the drunk douchebags, the show was a lot of fun and I'm so happy I got to see Gaslight for the first time but hopefully not the last.

If my memory serves me correctly, the setlist was:
Howl
The '59 Sound
Handwritten
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
Old White Lincoln
Biloxi Parish
Old Haunts
Blue Dalhia
Senor and the Queen
Film Noir
Refugee
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Too Much Blood
Blue Jeans & White T Shirts
Great Expectations
Keepsake
ENCORE:
She Loves You
Mulholland Drive
Desire
Mae
Here's Looking At You Kid
Backseat
(not sure if the exact order is right)
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 7:53 am

Isnt the opening act Westchester United FC playing acoustically - which I believe features TGA's merch guy?

http://soundcloud.com/wufc
Back to top Go down
moonlight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
moonlight

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 8:02 am

Steve70s wrote:
Isnt the opening act Westchester United FC playing acoustically - which I believe features TGA's merch guy?

yes he's Danny del Donuts
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:19 am

moonlight wrote:
Steve70s wrote:

yes he's Danny del Donuts

Danny is in the band but I believe this is just Kenny Fletcher playing songs on an acoustic guitar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US / CAN Tour 2013
Page 16 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next