DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US / CAN Tour 2013

Go down 
+99
TGA30
Jaws
HorribleCrowe
Hirti
Holland
mingus
Sabbi
Debonair
turnitin2004
ACA
IKeeptheDiner
cephcarn4
jdc
GlennR
xstevenbx
parno
bakerfall
Daire
AngryJohnnyN1930
AmSlang59
Prisoner
Jack
henn
19thirty
GuitarMike
moonlight
MKULTRA
The Last Jukebox Romeo
_rebekka_
rumham
cdala
thomas94
CasanovaBaby90
brucesboots
luckyman
janiejones
Steve70s
cmigs
jonester
lol_paul_ledoux
prettyontheinsidex
big blue
bt211
B701
SirBrad
imaxcowboyx
Christophe
The Poet Jonah
adreed
baggio16
spokes44
reched
Kosburn59
chickenman
FrankieG
ashleybb
Jerseyrain
eagles1139
pjk
onbackstreetsinbackseats
JukeboxJuliet
mvw
wvmark73
LittleEden
beholdhurricanej
borrowedcar
HighLonesome
Hanswurst
Camus
NYYFAN523
azlisa
DeathoftheCool
enola
CluckyB
colmillionaire
OldManShoes3
Rizz
Dimestore Romeo
33RPMHero
madsmom
TGAFAN25
Don Carlo
jamesh2
Reinvent good times
NeverTrustAJunkie
matkins
LuceroDiehard
ExitEnglish
redheadchick
moconnell23
knuckles
simo
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
pookieray
njguy99
StitchesOnTheRadio
Zach_Edelman
Grant Michael
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Went to Chicago and Indy. The band sounded great for the most part and Brian's voice was especially strong. Hopefully that holds up.

A few notes from the shows...

Chicago
- Film Noir had a line or two from Poison's Every Rose Has Its Thorn in the outro
- Biloxi was introduced as a "about communists" after Brian spent far too long asking Alex L who the Russian wrestlers from the 80s were. Alex eventually came up with The Bolsheviks.
- Before Halloween, Brian talked about it being a new song for the fan club release. "We'll play it and then we'll get on with it. We like it, maybe you'll like..." followed by kind of a shrug. I liked it.
- Before Woody, Brian was laughing at Ian and told the crowd how he just told Ian his friends were up in the balcony side stage and Ian waved. Turns out they were just cardboard cutouts/posters. Ouch.
- After Great Expectations, Brian said since they were on a tight schedule because of the curfew that they weren't going to leave for an encore break and that he hated doing that anyways.
- Here Comes My Man was stopped after 10-15 seconds due to Brian's guitar being horribly out of tune. It was a newer ES-355 that didn't get played at all in Indy. Even with a different guitar, the second attempt seemed a bit rough.
- Brian talked about how they'd recorded the T5 show for a dvd and when they went back and watched the footage, some songs were out of tune. It'll be interesting to see if that actually gets released.
- Backseats had the U2 bit in the outro.
- Halloween and Blue Dahlia weren't on the printed setlist.
- Changing of the Guards and Elvis were but were not played.

Indy
- Brian did some finger tapping during Old White Lincoln. Not sure if that's a new thing or not.
- After The '59 Sound (listed as a maybe on the setlist), Brian actually commented on how they hadn't played it for a couple shows. Something along the lines of "A few days ago when we tried that one it was boooooring. Not too bad tonight"
- Backseats had the Cure's Just Like Heaven in the outro.
- Howl and Astro Zombies weren't on the printed setlist.
- State (of Love and Trust) was also listed as a maybe on the setlist but was unplayed.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:44 pm

JUST NORTH OF THE US

@GaslightAnthem at Niagara-on-the-Lake's Grove Music Festival August 3 http://exclaim.ca/News/niagara-on--lakes_grove_music_festival_gets_phoenix_hot_chip_girl_talk_earl_sweatshirt

US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Grove
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 4:16 pm

ral wrote:
Went to Chicago and Indy. The band sounded great for the most part and Brian's voice was especially strong. Hopefully that holds up.

Chicago
- Film Noir had a line or two from Poison's Every Rose Has Its Thorn in the outro
- Biloxi was introduced as a "about communists" after Brian spent far too long asking Alex L who the Russian wrestlers from the 80s were. Alex eventually came up with The Bolsheviks.
- Before Halloween, Brian talked about it being a new song for the fan club release. "We'll play it and then we'll get on with it. We like it, maybe you'll like..." followed by kind of a shrug. I liked it.
- Before Woody, Brian was laughing at Ian and told the crowd how he just told Ian his friends were up in the balcony side stage and Ian waved. Turns out they were just cardboard cutouts/posters. Ouch.
- After Great Expectations, Brian said since they were on a tight schedule because of the curfew that they weren't going to leave for an encore break and that he hated doing that anyways.
- Here Comes My Man was stopped after 10-15 seconds due to Brian's guitar being horribly out of tune. It was a newer ES-355 that didn't get played at all in Indy. Even with a different guitar, the second attempt seemed a bit rough.
- Brian talked about how they'd recorded the T5 show for a dvd and when they went back and watched the footage, some songs were out of tune. It'll be interesting to see if that actually gets released.

Indy
- Brian did some finger tapping during Old White Lincoln. Not sure if that's a new thing or not.
- After The '59 Sound (listed as a maybe on the setlist), Brian actually commented on how they hadn't played it for a couple shows. Something along the lines of "A few days ago when we tried that one it was boooooring. Not too bad tonight"
- State (of Love and Trust) was also listed as a maybe on the setlist but was unplayed.

Always great to have these types of notes. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 4:52 pm

anyone else going to Cleve tonight? Roadtripping from PGH, will post my review tomorrow. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
jamesh2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:55 pm

We will be there. should be hitting up the HOB around 7 or so
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Saw this on Twitter:

http://timeoutchicago.com/music-nightlife/audio-file-blog/16106356/gaslight-anthem-at-the-riviera-photos-and-review

Photos from the Chicago show
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
ral wrote:

Chicago

Indy

Always great to have these types of notes. Thanks.

i agree. i love hearing about these types of details
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:21 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Saw this on Twitter:

http://timeoutchicago.com/music-nightlife/audio-file-blog/16106356/gaslight-anthem-at-the-riviera-photos-and-review

Nice photos, also an Interesting perspective in that review. Thanks for posting it. I think the writer hit the nail on the head when he talked about them trading their "punked-up swing" for "heavy rock chords" on Handwritten. And that it's more serious. Although I don't think that's necessarily a misstep like he said, just a different step. And lack of moshing during Too Much Blood doesn't mean people don't like the song, it means it's not a song you mosh to. I'm curious about what others think of this review.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:32 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Saw this on Twitter:

Nice photos, also an Interesting perspective in that review. Thanks for posting it. I think the writer hit the nail on the head when he talked about them trading their "punked-up swing" for "heavy rock chords" on Handwritten. And that it's more serious. Although I don't think that's necessarily a misstep like he said, just a different step. And lack of moshing during Too Much Blood doesn't mean people don't like the song, it means it's not a song you mosh to. I'm curious about what others think of this review.

I think he's got it accurately as a misstep...

People mosh to songs that aren't appropriate to mosh to all the time, simply beacuse they're really excited by the band/the song, etc.

I've noticed a lull in the crowd when they play the songs from Handwritten.... I think it's because the fanbase doesn't collectively like the songs as much as the others....
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Well it is official...I am going to the show in Austin, Texas on April 26. Sorry Lorraine....dont get jealous. (Also always worried i spell your name wrong).....Sad Smile Cool
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:10 pm

I am jealous! (yes you spelled my name right!)
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:58 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Saw this on Twitter:

People mosh to songs that aren't appropriate to mosh to all the time, simply beacuse they're really excited by the band/the song, etc.

I've noticed a lull in the crowd when they play the songs from Handwritten.... I think it's because the fanbase doesn't collectively like the songs as much as the others....

ryan sometimes I feel like Handwritten stole your woman or something lol!
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I am jealous! (yes you spelled my name right!)

WOOT! I am so excited. I have a feeling its going to be the best one I have been to yet. I love outdoor venues.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:08 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Saw this on Twitter:

I see your point about some people being less enthused with SOME songs. Too Much Blood doesn't get much reception of any kind and Keepsake seems to struggle a bit too. HW, 45, Mae, Howl, Mulholland, and HCMM all seem to be well received though, in my experience.

I don't think not moshing = not excited. If a song like Mae makes you want to mosh, you're odd (not you personally). But there's a vibe in the crowd that you get when they're restless for a different song that is true.

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:14 am

I just saw guys mosh to a power ballad recently. I did not understand that at all.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:06 am

New CAN date:

https://www.facebook.com/thegaslightanthem/posts/562243657133769
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Long time no post. Anyone know if Andy Diamond's hanging with them on this tour?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:
Long time no post. Anyone know if Andy Diamond's hanging with them on this tour?

He's been at all the NY shows this tour. Not sure if he's traveling.

On a side note, best photo ever:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152631071555344&l=085dbd3c72
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 4:10 am

Kosburn59 wrote:
He hasn't been for the past few weeks. He's been booking my band at the Court Tavern and some other venues. He also put together the recent New Found Glory show in AC.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:18 am

Pic by Cory Branan:

Day off dinner with the lovely wife and @gaslightanthem gang.

http://pics.lockerz.com/s/286123220

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
reched
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:44 am

Any set list from Cleveland?
Back to top Go down
spokes44
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:21 pm

What time should I plan on Gaslight taking the stage tonight in Nashville?

Doors: 8pm
Show: 9pm

Cory Branan and Matrimony. Gaslignt Anthem between 10-10:30pm?
Back to top Go down
wvmark73
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:44 pm

Some craptastic pics from Cleveland:
Alex came out to play a song with the souls:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq21maa2j1qtj98/2013-03-04%2021.21.05.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ileumaeymv90mas/2013-03-04%2021.21.07.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mi1bx4kk10uon9c/2013-03-04%2021.21.10-1.jpg
Gaslight:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzrmihxgn1bb62t/2013-03-04%2022.15.17.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nolh2739uoqohk/2013-03-04%2022.31.18.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hn8zft0u8hf6le1/2013-03-04%2022.31.24.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugl09ayrvkro2gg/2013-03-04%2022.31.36.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wn3mopqvggsn14o/2013-03-04%2022.48.41.jpg
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 pm

spokes44 wrote:
What time should I plan on Gaslight taking the stage tonight in Nashville?

Doors: 8pm
Show: 9pm

Cory Branan and Matrimony. Gaslignt Anthem between 10-10:30pm?

I was going to say 10:30ish or call the box office, but you're probably on your way there already!
Back to top Go down
baggio16
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:21 am

Minneapolis was a blast. Was a great time waiting in line chatting with people all day long. The band was incredibly nice, chatted with the for quite awhile and they even brought us tea!

Here's couple pics I took, not the best and not a lot, since I'm there to watch the show...ha...

baggio16.smugmug.com/Music/Gaslight-Anthem-and-Bouncing/28229284_kfKqVM#!i=2387553278&k=wHQ6mW8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US / CAN Tour 2013
Page 9 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next