DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)

Go down 
+13
azlisa
StopAndSlideToTheRight
JimmyB
Labhras
steph
The Angry Johnny Revue
Harbortown
NYYFAN523
CluckyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
Paddy
plugga
TGAFAN25
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Who did you vote for?
Barack Obama
POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Vote_lcap83%POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Vote_rcap
 83% [ 20 ]
Mitt Romney
POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Vote_lcap17%POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Empty
PostSubject: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Who did you vote for? If you didn't vote, who would you have?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm gonna answer because I'm a politics nerd and I've been following usa elections a lot, I would have voted obama of course.
romney is such a fake douchebag.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 pm

I can't get away from the election coverage either... I love all this stuff... Definitely going to turn it into a drinking game tomorrow night.... Currently mulling over various options for the game....
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:53 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I can't get away from the election coverage either... I love all this stuff... Definitely going to turn it into a drinking game tomorrow night.... Currently mulling over various options for the game....

did you see the last debate?? i swear to god romney was making up everything, looked like me in school
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:55 pm

hahahaha, he was also copying a LOT of obama's answers too... I'm happy to see Obama has been gaining some momentum in the past week or so
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
hahahaha, he was also copying a LOT of obama's answers too... I'm happy to see Obama has been gaining some momentum in the past week or so

i have studied discourse analysis and bush's speeches in the past (FOR UNI, not that much of a nerd) and obama is a total marketing genius or whatever compared to him.
I like how he speaks, he says new things with a new language but he still has that "god bless america" in the end to reassure everyone lol it's funny
Back to top Go down
Paddy
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Paddy

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 pm

The fact that there's only two choices for this poll is sad.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 pm

it's america... it is what it is :/
Back to top Go down
Paddy
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Paddy

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 pm

I suppose so, with that mentality.

That said, Stewart Alexander is my homeboy.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:49 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
it's america... it is what it is :/

truth. Until 3rd party candidates can get the funding and therefore the exposure they need to get their message out to the public they don't stand a chance simply because not enough people know about them.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:52 am

Kinda like hte Gaslight Anthem before they joined a major label
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:52 am

Gary Johnson.

Washington is clearly going Obama so why not vote for the guy you actually want to be president instead of the turds our broken two party system is trying to force feed us?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:09 am

CluckyB wrote:
Gary Johnson.

Washington is clearly going Obama so why not vote for the guy you actually want to be president instead of the turds our broken two party system is trying to force feed us?

because a 3rd party vote is essentially a republican vote. I'm from CT and we always go Democrat, but if the liberals all assume that will happen and go vote independent then the state will go republican. It's good to vote for the person you actually want but as a woman I can't afford to risk Romney winning the election because the liberal vote is divided.

Also I happen to like Obama so my vote probably wouldn't be different anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:03 am

Hopefully the poll on this site is similar to what happens in the actual election
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:04 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
Gary Johnson.

because a 3rd party vote is essentially a republican vote. I'm from CT and we always go Democrat, but if the liberals all assume that will happen and go vote independent then the state will go republican. It's good to vote for the person you actually want but as a woman I can't afford to risk Romney winning the election because the liberal vote is divided.

Also I happen to like Obama so my vote probably wouldn't be different anyway Very Happy

Except only a small portion of the liberals even know who Johnson is, much less would actually vote for the guy. He's far more likely to appeal to the moderates who voted for Obama last year and are unsatisfied with the last four years but somehow think the old guard is somehow better. Like I said, in a swing state its probably better to play it safe but anywhere else vote for the guy you want to be president not the two guys you're spoonfed. If it actually somehow swings something maybe it could actually swing stuff far enough that Johnson magically wins or something.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:47 am

why is the 3rd party candidate so "unknown"? i mean he hasn't got debates or anything and I barely know he exists
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:23 am

Have any of you seen the comments on Bruce Springsteen's Facebook statuses regarding the elections?

It's astounding how many people are "surprised" and "disappointed" that he's a democrat. Have they not been listening to any of his lyrics for the past 30 years?
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:43 am

Brian Fallon.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 pm

plugga wrote:
why is the 3rd party candidate so "unknown"? i mean he hasn't got debates or anything and I barely know he exists

seems like the Commission on Presidential Debates has decided that unless a 3rd party candidate has a 15% support level, they're not allowed to participate in presidential debates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_on_Presidential_Debates

(hope that doesn't seem condescending posting a wikipedia page, like "duh fucking google it!")
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:12 pm

makes sense though, three candidates are useless in such a big country, it would just mean wasting your vote
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:48 pm

well, that's why i didn't vote for Jill Stein. i thought it'd be wasting a vote, as there's no chance of a 3rd party candidate getting elected.

but it would be nice to have more variety in the choice of candidate. everything's gotten so divided now, it's either Democrat or Republican, right wing or left wing.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:41 pm

that's what it's like in italy and trust me it's the worst thing ever.
The candidate I would vote is reeeeally unlikely to win so I will end up voting someone else, except the votes going to the first candidate are wasted and it always ends up as: second ballot->small parties ally with bigger parties->WORST CANDIDATE EVER WINS AND I GET ANGRY.
Back to top Go down
Paddy
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Paddy

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:15 pm

"Wasted vote" gets thrown around so much. I wonder how the popular vote would turn out if people voted for who they wanted though.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Have any of you seen the comments on Bruce Springsteen's Facebook statuses regarding the elections?

It's astounding how many people are "surprised" and "disappointed" that he's a democrat. Have they not been listening to any of his lyrics for the past 30 years?

People are idiots. Every 4th of July all I hear about is "Born in the USA, song of the day!" it drives me nuts. So to answer your question, no plenty of people have either never listened to his lyrics or didn't comprehend them correctly.

I remember when "Magic" came out and I read reviews in the paper and one guy said he took it out of his CD player and smashed it because he was so mad about the politics.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:55 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

I remember when "Magic" came out and I read reviews in the paper and one guy said he took it out of his CD player and smashed it because he was so mad about the politics.
at least he listened to the lyrics Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)    POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLL: Who did you vote for? (2012 US Election)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next