DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cologne show sucked ass big time

Go down 
+15
steady now steady now
plugga
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
TGAFAN25
Woody
Labhras
NeverTrustAJunkie
kappanera
JimmyB
theratman
Definitely_Josef
visible_karma
Raoul_Duke
dvddubbingguy
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Cologne show sucked ass big time Empty
PostSubject: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:18 am

Man, what a huge letdown.
Do they have a burnout already? Lost touch with their fans?
Ever heard something of a soundcheck? Man, the sound sucked big time! I have been to many concerts in this location and never experienced such bad acoustics. At the overall of ca. 200 concerts in my life I have neve seen a shitty one like this (ok, you gotta take out 70 Springsteen shows because they are not for comparison) and SHIT SOUND like this.
Their performance was short. uninspired, unemotional and crowd interaction/talk was hardly there. The concert was over and I couldn't believe it how someone could leave the stage like that.
Will they only "give everything" when they play for more people next year in Dusseldorf? Did they lose the fever?
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:07 am

70 Springsteen shows?! fucking hell.
Back to top Go down
visible_karma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
visible_karma

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:30 am

I guess you're talking about the Cologne show on friday?!

Cause I went to both Cologne shows and I thought thursday was way better!
I was also a bit disappointed by friday, not because the show sucked, but because it was obvious that the band wasn't in good form! barely interaction with the crowd and they just played the songs down!
But give them a break, they're probably just really tired cause of touring and everyone can have a bad day every once in a while!
Thursday they played for almost two hours! Friday for about 1 1/2 (which is still enought though)

I think the sounds depends on where you stand, I got nothing to complain about that one!
Back to top Go down
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:37 am

well, I couldn't go on Thursday (offered my ticket here for free) but friends who've been there said exactly the same about what I was thinking about the show on Friday. I moved around a lot. Shit sound all over the place. Not even good directly next to the mixing desk . This says everything. How come those guys have a bad day? Been to 70 Springsteen show, never ever a bad day and he plays twice as long and hard. Once he had a cold but still played 2 1/2 hours straight and gave everything. It is about passion.
Back to top Go down
visible_karma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
visible_karma

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:45 am

Cause they're just human like you and I?!

Did you think they performed bad too?! Cause they don't HAVE TO TALK a lot to the audience as long as the songs are well peformed!
Cause I personally thought the setlist was better on friday than on thurday!
I know that the mood of the band translates into the audience, but still! I mean I agree that thursday was better, but I didn't think that friday SUCKED.
Back to top Go down
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:50 am

the performance was uninspired, you can play everything "right" and it is still not good, know what I mean? my friends and me agree and we have seen them last time at the same location (I think), too
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:56 am

I can't really think about Friday without feeling riled. The show was, indeed, uneloquent, uninspiring and just miles off from where their potential actually is. I don't really know about the sound mixing but something was wrong with it - it was sort of muddy... to say the least.

Last edited by Definitely_Josef on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
visible_karma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
visible_karma

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:58 am

Apparently yesterday in Frankfurt was the same! People are complaining a lot on fb :-/
Think they should take a break after that tour!
Back to top Go down
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:08 am

see...
Back to top Go down
visible_karma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
visible_karma

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:12 am

What?! I didn't say that friday was a perfect show or not disappointing! I just said that thursday was Awesome and that's why they probably had their reasons Wink
Back to top Go down
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:14 am

well, don't know you in person but friends with whom I've attended 50+ concerts and who I agree with 99% say Thursday was not bad, too...
Back to top Go down
theratman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
theratman

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Raoul_Duke wrote:
70 Springsteen shows?! fucking hell.

I'm not that far away for Bruce shows.... however much more relevant ive seen Gaslight 9 times and never had a bad show...

cheers
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Every band is allowed to have a bad show.
Back to top Go down
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:29 pm

yes, one, I heard now of a couple

theratman: are you themagikrat?
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 pm

My friend was there and didn't really find it a memorable show( he 's not a hardcore fan anyway).
Hope everythings works well next week in Milan 'cause I really can't wait
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:25 pm

This is insanity. Everyone knows that every band has perfect sound every single night they play a show. Gaslight's clearly lost it.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:02 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
This is insanity. Everyone knows that every band has perfect sound every single night they play a show. Gaslight's clearly lost it.
i know. it's like when i get a burger from a restaurant, and the burger's shit. it's dripping with grease and it's cold and someone took a bite out of one of my gherkins but that's ok cus somewhere else in the world there is another burger joint that has, at some point, sold a crappy burger.
Back to top Go down
Woody
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Tbh, IMO, you can't blame the band if the acoustics in the venue are terrible. The sound was poor (maybe, I wasn't there) but some venue's have terrible acoustics. Southampton Guildhall, for instance. Doesn't automatically equate to a bad show, just a bad experience.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:27 pm

From what I've read it sounds like hte Thursday show was great, but on Friday the band seemed disinterested.

I hope they'll take some time for themselves to recharge their batteries and feel better, if they were indeed not on their A game...

Can't wait to see them in DC!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 am

dvddubbingguy wrote:

Oh dear god more than one bad show? They should just retire now.

Okay, I'm being a dick but seriously, I'm sorry it was such a bad experience but at the very least can we not compare gaslight shows, or hell, ANY shows to springsteen? or at least wait till they've been playing for 40 years to do so.

I've been to 2 amazing TGA shows, and 2 meh ones, and the "meh" had little to nothing to do with the band. They consistently have sound issues. I don't know if it's just the venues or it's their sound guy or a combo of both but this is not new. It sucks when you get one of those but people are right, sometimes it's where you're standing too.

And Bruce has off nights too, they're just not obvious b/c they're still better than your average show but I've been to 1 or 2 that I'd consider less inspired. I blame the crowd.

Who of us is always at their best every single day of their job?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:25 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
dvddubbingguy wrote:

Okay, I'm being a dick but seriously, I'm sorry it was such a bad experience but at the very least can we not compare gaslight shows, or hell, ANY shows to springsteen? or at least wait till they've been playing for 40 years to do so.

I've been to 2 amazing TGA shows, and 2 meh ones, and the "meh" had little to nothing to do with the band. They consistently have sound issues. I don't know if it's just the venues or it's their sound guy or a combo of both but this is not new. It sucks when you get one of those but people are right, sometimes it's where you're standing too.

And Bruce has off nights too, they're just not obvious b/c they're still better than your average show but I've been to 1 or 2 that I'd consider less inspired. I blame the crowd.

stitches, gaslight should hire you as their PR lady
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:30 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
dvddubbingguy wrote:

stitches, gaslight should hire you as their PR lady

Haha Brilliant Idea! cheers
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 am

Quote :
I blame the crowd

If I ever have a meh experience at any show, this is usually the reason why. If you've seen a band play different cities doing the same set list with the same passion, you'll know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:30 am

lol how do you think it's even remotely fair to compare bruce's live show to any other band in the world's live show?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Bruce is a master showman and has had decades to perfect his act. Let's compare him to a band that's been together less than ten years! Totally fair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cologne show sucked ass big time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next