DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HopefortheDay interview

Go down 
+12
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Debonair
JimmyB
rdghst
LuceroDiehard
TGAFAN25
njguy99
Jack
StitchesOnTheRadio
Holland
Shrewsbury_Stars
xxxje
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xxxje
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

HopefortheDay interview  Empty
PostSubject: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Very nice interview
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeTAeA7eogU

admin: working link to video http://www.altpress.com/aptv/video/video_premiere_the_gaslight_anthem_discuss_how_music_saved_their_lives
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:07 pm

This was great. Thanks so much for posting.

It's so nice to hear from the non-Brian members of the band.

I had no idea that Alex L was a recovering addict or that Alex R. was bipolar/manic-depressive. Really touching to hear how music can provide salvation.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Thats some powerful stuff. Thanks for posting
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Wow, I'm glad they shared such personal stuff. Music really is so powerful.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Damn. Connected with Alex R there. Very powerful interview. Thank you so much for sharing that.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:14 am

Deep stuff! thanks for sharing!

Who'd have thought that after all...Something as simple as rock 'n' roll would save us all...
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Absolutely incredible interview. It's so nice to be able to identify with members of the band on a more personal level.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:28 pm

I was thinking about it more today - and it's very brave for these guys to be so honest. Especially Alex R. Mental illness has such stigma, even today, that for him to admit his diagnosis deserves great applause.

My sister is manic depressive/bipolar and an artist. She's been very open about how working on her art is one of the few things that lifts her spirits. But she works a full-time office job too because that provides structure, and with structure you can get out of your own head and focus on the tasks at hand.

I wonder if the band provides that same structure for Alex R, while at the same time lifting his spirits. Hopefully someone in the same boat will see this video and they'll realize they can be successful and happy despite having a mental illness.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:58 am

Bipolar is known for being linked to creativity and artistic intelligence. Controlled hypomania can be very conducive to creating, whether it be art, music, poetry, or even a type of performance. The percentage of actors with bipolar, for example, is much higher than the percentage of the general population. And yes, I applaud Alex R for talking about it openly. It's not easy.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Music Saved My Life – The Gaslight Anthem    HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Music Saved My Life – The Gaslight Anthem

Hope for the Day is proud to announce an exclusive partnership with Alternative Press Magazine and launch the “Music Saved My Life” video series. The project focuses on bringing musicians together to tell their stories of life’s struggles and how music has been there for them as a medium of expression as well as healing. Hope for the Day has teamed up with The Gaslight Anthem for the first of many videos the project will produce. The origins of The Gaslight Anthem and Hope For The Day both stem from a sobering realization and humble appreciation for the powerful inspiration that music has provided.
“Other people sometimes can’t help, but music always has…”

To view The Gaslight Anthem video:

http://www.altpress.com/aptv/video/video_premiere_the_gaslight_anthem_discuss_how_music_saved_their_lives
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
rdghst
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rdghst

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:42 pm

I love how every time i'm about to post something, it goes up two minutes before i try haha.. Great interview though.. So true of so many people
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/josh.mcardle.7?ref=tn_tnmn
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:43 pm

rdghst wrote:
I love how every time i'm about to post something, it goes up two minutes before i try haha.. Great interview though.. So true of so many people

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:44 pm

I agree. Music has saved me many times, gave me something to shoot for when everyone kept knocking me down. I owe it to Springsteen music that keeps me striving for a better life.
Back to top Go down
rdghst
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rdghst

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Music will always be there, no matter what happens in your life.. It can save you from your worst moments in life. Such an honest interview from the guys
Back to top Go down
rdghst
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rdghst

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:45 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I agree. Music has saved me many times, gave me something to shoot for when everyone kept knocking me down. I owe it to Springsteen music that keeps me striving for a better life.
Agreed! The Boss has always pushed me to work harder, to keep striving, and never give up. Just to always give your best.. Some of the greatest lessons can be tought through music
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by JimmyB on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:54 pm

rdghst wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Agreed! The Boss has always pushed me to work harder, to keep striving, and never give up. Just to always give your best.. Some of the greatest lessons can be tought through music

Anyone who is into Bruce should read this book.

My friend Sara wrote it. She is very nice and loves talking to peole who read this book

Book Description
Publication Date: July 8, 2010
From the first moment that Ben sees Laura, she seems too good to be true. Stunning, elegant, adventurous, and intolerably charming, she is everything that he wants in a woman. She even shares his passion for Bruce Springsteen's music. And before he even realizes that it's happened, Ben has turned his whole life upside down to follow Bruce around the country with her. Laura fascinates him because everything about her is a contradiction. She never lies, but she never quite tells the truth either. She's wildly outspoken and passionate, yet smoothly changes the subject whenever she is asked a direct question about herself. She manages to intrigue and infuriate, attract and repel, charm and disarm Ben at every turn. Yet there's something sweet beneath her flippant exterior; something that Ben realizes that only he is allowed to see. And no matter how much he tries to stay away, he is unable to resist her. But Laura has secrets that threaten to destroy their unlikely friendship. She is wealthy, yet unemployed. She has no family, and she seems to have almost no past, except for an older man whose relationship to her Ben cannot figure out. And she claims that she doesn't believe in love. When the tour ends, Ben knows that he wants more from his relationship with Laura. But he doesn't know what Laura wants. And neither does she.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1453680683/

HopefortheDay interview  41oXRmvTrfL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm

I saw this, and I connect with every single member of the band as well for you see Music saved my life as well
I mean, after dealing with the bullies of my life tormenting me every single day of my life in school. I would run home, and do nothing but play music, since it seemed as though that was the only thing that made me worth something, my music talent. Even after when one tried to drown me in my freshman year of school, threw me across the locker room into some lockers, and just kept knocking me down verbally, I would always run home to my guitar, the only thing that would understand me, and make me feel better. I started writing as well when I was in my senior year of highschool. It helped me deal with the bullies that still were not leaving me alone, and the heartbreak I had over a dozen times. Basically music also gave me the way to repay those who laid a fist, or a mean word on me. Last day of highschool, we had a talent day, and I pretty much just shoved it in their faces basically saying without saying a word "You lost, I'm up here playing and doing what I do best,while you are sitting in that chair, and having to watch me rub it in your face-I SURVIVED, AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO!"

Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

I had no idea that Alex L was a recovering addict or that Alex R. was bipolar/manic-depressive. Really touching to hear how music can provide salvation.

Same here!! Wow. Wow. Wooww!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:36 pm

I just wanted to watch the video but youtube keeps telling me that the user is private scratch
I wonder if that's only because I'm trying to watch it on my ipad .....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender
AGoodTime

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:44 pm

My best friend who's mother has severe bipolar watched this and said:
"It should be easy to talk about bipolar, the world should be accepting and non-judgmental and he should be proud to have bipolar. It makes him awesome!!!"

The Gaslight Anthem especially have helped me so much, to an extent that ask me two years ago and I wouldn't have thought it was possible. They've remained permanent the whole way through everything. I was diagnosed with a pretty bad bone disease and I can remember my mum crying and then me just listening to The Patient Ferris Wheel in the car on the way home and basically thinking, "Fuck it, I've still got this song." Each surgery I've woken up from, the first thing I've done (after painkillers) has always been listen to a Gaslight album. I would have never, ever thought I'd ever come to rely upon a band for support. A few years ago I would have been like, "My friends, of course! They'll always be there for me." I certianly wouldn't have thought that the only thing that would solidly be there for me was four guys from New Jersey who I've never really met... (And The Clash...)
Back to top Go down
visible_karma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
visible_karma

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:04 pm

enola wrote:
I just wanted to watch the video but youtube keeps telling me that the user is private scratch
I wonder if that's only because I'm trying to watch it on my ipad .....

Same here! Also tells me it's private, but I'm on my laptop!
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:08 pm

yeah, damn, seems as if's private now affraid

but when it was new, i've seen it sooo.. someone must have changed it to private - wondering why scratch

oh, or it's a somehow german/ austrian/ europe issue as all of us three are from germany/ austria ..hmmnn scratch
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:36 pm

I've merged the two topics, bobbyw24 link will lead you to the video, I'll add the video link to the first post too since the YouTube one no longer works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HopefortheDay interview
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next