DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian

Go down 
+6
ashleybb
DiamondSinatra
OllieC
Klown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
crutchfield
10 posters
AuthorMessage
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Empty
PostSubject: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Whats the backstory.? Wade tweeted that brian was bashing AOF. then brian played the never heard of them.card then came back and said he checked em out and likes them. Whats up with this? Bums me out.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Was this tweet in response to the "feud"?

Quote :
Hey...leave the guy alone. He probably heard a rumor or some misquoted press. All love. Let him be, everybody's just trying to get by.

I really hope everybody doesn't blow this out of proportion because it's probably nothing.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:25 pm

It's on Dave Hause's timeline as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:37 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Was this tweet in response to the "feud"?

Quote :
Hey...leave the guy alone. He probably heard a rumor or some misquoted press. All love. Let him be, everybody's just trying to get by.

I really hope everybody doesn't blow this out of proportion because it's probably nothing.

Theyre the ones who put it in the public domain. I was just curious if anyone knew what BF said before he said "ive never heard of an alexis on fire"
Back to top Go down
OllieC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Wade MacNeil ‏@dirtyblacklungs
Recently found out that @brianmfallon hates my old band. Luckily, @VICE summarized what I think of his http://www.vice.com/read/i-thought-nickelback-was-the-worst-band-on-earth-but-its-really-gaslight-anthem …

2h Brian Fallon ‏@brianmfallon
@dirtyblacklungs I dont even know who your old band is there, guy. Wonderful to meet you.

Thats where it all started.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:01 pm

Wow...even after Brian tried to calm it down this guy still came off as a douche...
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
ashleybb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ashleybb

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:05 pm

I usually think Brian does a lot of backtracking and stuff (such as the Jawbreaker thing...), but he seems truly confused by this one. This Wade guy seems to be way overreacting, especially since there seems to be no evidence of Brian ever saying anything about alexisonfire before last night.

But you know, even if Brian privately mentioned to someone at some point he doesn't like alexisonfire, who cares? Not everyone is going to love your band. It's not like he went on Twitter and told everyone not to listen to them. It's a non issue.
Back to top Go down
OllieC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:13 pm

I agree with Ashleybb completely.

I follow Wade Macneil on Twitter and he doesn't need much of an excuse to of of the handle. I'm a fan of both Alexisonfire and Gallows, but he definitely a little too aggressive over certain issues, to put it delicately.

Not defending him, I think this whole thing is ridiculous..
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:36 pm

And Brian has definitely said in the past that he's a fan of Gallows.
Back to top Go down
OllieC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:31 pm

This whole thing was a little weird to be honest.. Ah well, maybe just caught him on a bad day or something.

I think Gallows have a new album out soon, maybe trying to create some hype and press around him! haha jokes! Razz
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Ya. Pretty odd that BF pretended to never have heard of AOF. Classic backpeddle move. Anybody with any connection to punk rock knows who aof is. Theyve been around along time, they played the winter olympics and still get heavy radio play in canada.

Last edited by crutchfield on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:44 pm

chaingangchorus wrote:
Wow...even after Brian tried to calm it down this guy still came off as a douche...

huh? did either of them delete any tweets? As far as I see the AoF only made the one tweet that started it all.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Brendan Kelly of the Lawrence Arms had this tweet a little while ago:

brendan kelly ‏@badsandwich
Someone doesn't like my old band and I'm furious. Also, I'm six.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Team coco
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Aof seem to have started this shit. Brian never publicly said anything. And using a hipster shit site like vice shows how desperate you are. Fuck aof emo bollocks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Btw I know that post belongs ok the drunk thread but some pathetic band starting something over nothing really annoys me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian   wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wade macneil of alexisonfire fueding w brian
Page 1 of 1