DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alexisonfire

Go down 
+4
kcdc
riversedge
loazis
Gaslight23
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:20 am

Just found out these boys have parted ways and alexis are no longer which is a real shame as they wrote incredible music and put on a great live show!

Any other alexisonfire fans on here that are upset by this news?
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:04 am

I am. Wearing my Alexis-shirt at the moment listening to Watch Out with hazy eyes.

Not really, but I'm still pretty upset, especially since they were practically the only 'heavy band' I listened to a lot and the latest Dog's Blood EP was so good to me. I'm glad I saw them live last year and I hope Dallas has fuckloads of fun singing City & Colour songs all day long >Sad
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:06 am

Same, I'm glad I saw them last year too. Also Wade being asked to join another band, does this mean he could possibly be the new replacement for Frank carter in Gallows, as Gallows are announcing the new singer on the 9th. Hopefully Dallas has lots of success with City and Colour who are also great, it's just a shame as Dallas added a unique dimension to a heavy hardcore band, which was one of the attractions which made Alexis so good in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:39 am

I'm quite dissapointed in this seen as I dislike City and Colour for some reason
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:19 pm

I love them, but I guess Dallas just wants to do City and Wade has moved onto The Gallows.

Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:02 am

I haven't listened to them alot actually. But I'm glad that I got to see them live before they broke up.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:42 am

Always been a big fan.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:08 pm

From facebook;

00:00:00

As promised in 2010 – we’re back for a Farewell Tour. We know that this tour doesn’t reach all of you, and this list is sure to cause some disappointment, but know that we have done our best to fit what we can into this window of time. December 2012 is the only time that all 5 of us aren’t committed to something in our personal or professional lives. An entire month!!!!

We couldn’t be more excited to get on the road and travel and hit the stage one last time – most importantly we wanted to keep our promise to you guys. We’re going to be playing till the venues try to kick us off the stage. We’re talking 20+ songs a night.

We said we’d return for some proper farewell shows. And here they are.

***A little later today we will post details about presales etc. but for now….here are the shows:

12.03 – London, UK @ O2 Academy Brixton
12.07 – Sao Paulo, Brazil @ Via Funchal
12.11 – Sydney, AUS @ Hordern Pavilion
12.12 – Melbourne, AUS @ Festival Hall
12.19 – Edmonton, AB @ Shaw Conference Centre
12.20 – Calgary, AB @ Big Four Building
12.22 – Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
12.26 – Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
12.27 – Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
Back to top Go down
OllieC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:43 pm

I would have loved to go to the Farewell tour; I've heard they're very good live and I've always been a fan I really like Dalla's voice against the heavy sound (I saw him live last year as City and Colour; his voice is that amazing live too) but alas, they're coming nowhere near me.

Good luck to them all, should be interesting to see how Gallows and City and Colour do for themselves over the coming years.
Back to top Go down

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Bit gutting about those dates. I don't listen to them that much anymore but still, I'm glad I saw them when they came around my way 2 years ago. They put on a really good show. It was exhausting!
I'd be disappointed if I missed the opportunity to see them and cross them off my list.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Dallas Green's (City & Colour's) the guiltar players solo project(s). Was never huge on AOF though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alexisonfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexisonfire   Alexisonfire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alexisonfire
Page 1 of 1