DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+22
azlisa
StitchesOnTheRadio
eagles1139
A_Regular
simo
Labhras
kirstyt
Klown
JJW319
Harbortown
HorribleCrowe
steady now steady now
Camus
Debonair
NeverTrustAJunkie
steph
Kosburn59
saltandburn1967
Try Me
TGAforLIFE
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Mr.Grieves
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:00 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
You guys are nuts, haha. Howl's boatloads of fun though. Not my favorite by any stretch but like I said, a lot of fun.

I would probably put them in this order:

Mulholland Drive
Handwritten
Mae
Howl
Keepsake
Too Much Blood
Biloxi Parish
Here Comes My Man
Desire
National Anthem

Though, I don't think there is a single bad song on the album. It is pretty hard to rank them.

I agree. I rank them and then I'm like "but the bottom few are awesome, i can't put them there! but i have to"

Mine is.

Handwritten
Mulholland Drive
Mae
Keepsake
Here Comes My Man
Too Much Blood
Biloxi Parish
National Anthem
Desire
Howl

Also, in 36 hour period I got all of them except 45 stuck in my head. I didn't think that was possible! It was all at times when I hadn't listened to it in the last hour, nor was I doing anything Gaslight related. Just out of the blue.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:03 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
You guys are nuts, haha. Howl's boatloads of fun though. Not my favorite by any stretch but like I said, a lot of fun.

Mulholland Drive
Handwritten
Mae
Howl
Keepsake
Too Much Blood
Biloxi Parish
Here Comes My Man
Desire
National Anthem

Though, I don't think there is a single bad song on the album. It is pretty hard to rank them.

I agree. I rank them and then I'm like "but the bottom few are awesome, i can't put them there! but i have to"

Mine is.

Handwritten
Mulholland Drive
Mae
Keepsake
Here Comes My Man
Too Much Blood
Biloxi Parish
National Anthem
Desire
Howl

Also, in 36 hour period I got all of them except 45 stuck in my head. I didn't think that was possible! It was all at times when I hadn't listened to it in the last hour, nor was I doing anything Gaslight related. Just out of the blue.

Haha, I have a few of them stuck in my head. I have been trying to listen to other music until I get a copy with good quality but I go straight to the npr stream whenever I get on my computer. I think it will be a whole new experience when we get our copies in the mail though. For some reason, I can't pay attention to the lyrics at all with the stream. I dunno why, it is so weird. I believe that will completely change when I hear it on vinyl or have it in my car where I am able to sing along to them while driving down the road.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:22 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Mulholland Drive
Handwritten
Mae
Howl
Keepsake
Too Much Blood
Biloxi Parish
Here Comes My Man
Desire
National Anthem

Mine is.

Handwritten
Mulholland Drive
Mae
Keepsake
Here Comes My Man
Too Much Blood
Biloxi Parish
National Anthem
Desire
Howl

Haha, I have a few of them stuck in my head. I have been trying to listen to other music until I get a copy with good quality but I go straight to the npr stream whenever I get on my computer. I think it will be a whole new experience when we get our copies in the mail though. For some reason, I can't pay attention to the lyrics at all with the stream. I dunno why, it is so weird. I believe that will completely change when I hear it on vinyl or have it in my car where I am able to sing along to them while driving down the road.

Haha it's already on my ipod and burned to a CD in my car. I got a friend who has a friend who is a DJ and has the CD so I managed to aquire a digital copy Smile

Driving with it is incredible. I need to go on a long drive with it though. That will happen when I drive to Boston to see them on Sunday!

I keep meaning to read the lyrics as I listen to really focus on them, but I'm impressed with how much I focused on them the first time through
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:29 am

Just watched this Led Zeppelin youtube video, and a guy wrote, "That was a time when gods walked the earth, unfortunately I live in a time when faggots rule the music world." No

Brian Fallon is not a faggot!!! Justin Beiber... yes. But, Gaslight, no. Just no! Evil or Very Mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luDgb5vVHuA
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:32 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Just watched this Led Zeppelin youtube video, and a guy wrote, "That was a time when gods walked the earth, unfortunately I live in a time when faggots rule the music world." No

Brian Fallon is not a faggot!!! Justin Beiber... yes. But, Gaslight, no. Just no! Evil or Very Mad

errr... calling anyone a "faggot" shows what kind of person you are, so who gives a motherfucking fuck what the person thinks. no matter what you think of The Biebs, i wouldn't even call him a "faggot" because it is so derogatory to a group of people.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:34 am

At least he wasn't talking about TGA specifically! That would have made me pissed.

He did say "rule the music world" and to be fair he's right. That's why Bieber is so popular and TGA isn't. We gotta take that back! and by we I mean TGA and other great bands.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:35 am

At least he wasn't talking about TGA specifically! That would have made me pissed.

He did say "rule the music world" and to be fair he's right. That's why Bieber is so popular and TGA isn't. We gotta take that back! and by we I mean TGA and other great bands.

you're saying... "faggots" rule the music world?? confused
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:37 am

steph wrote:

No no no. I mean first off I hate that word. I mean what he meant buy it in the sense of "shitty artists that have no business making music" They're the ones with all the success and attention (for the most part)
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:38 am

steph wrote:

No no no. I mean first off I hate that word. I mean what he meant buy it in the sense of "shitty artists that have no business making music"

Razz i knew better of you than to seriously think that, i was just confused! Razz

yeah... that's pop music though. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:39 am

i came into this post at a bad time scratch
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:40 am

azlisa wrote:

no way, jose! this is CALM spam! Razz
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:40 am

steph wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:

errr... calling anyone a "faggot" shows what kind of person you are, so who gives a motherfucking fuck what the person thinks. no matter what you think of The Biebs, i wouldn't even call him a "faggot" because it is so derogatory to a group of people.

Okay, okay. True... It just kind of got to me. I mean, yes, it is Led Zeppelin, and they ruled the music world back then. But, okay... good point. I guess Bieber isn't a fag. That's pretty low. He's no Gaslight tho either...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:43 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
steph wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:

Okay, okay. True... It just kind of got to me. I mean, yes, it is Led Zeppelin, and they ruled the music world back then. But, okay... good point. I guess Bieber isn't a fag. That's pretty low. He's no Gaslight tho either...

i know you're a nice guy and didn't mean it like that. but that word is not okay No so i just had to say it Smile
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:43 am

steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:

oh i believe that! lol!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:44 am

steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:

ahaha "Calm spam." Yeah...true. I just wanted to stir it up a little. Razz
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:44 am

azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:

oh i believe that! lol!

Razz did you mention something about having twitter awhile back??
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:45 am

steph wrote:
steph wrote:

No no no. I mean first off I hate that word. I mean what he meant buy it in the sense of "shitty artists that have no business making music"

Razz i knew better of you than to seriously think that, i was just confused! Razz

Smile

That is pop music though, you're right. I just feel like even the pop of like the 80s or 90s was better than today. Like talented artists did top the charts periodically. Now I feel like it's a rare occurrence.

Also Bieber. and Gaslight should not be in the same sentence. (<< see what I did there?) that's how big the gap is between them.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:46 am

steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:

oh i believe that! lol!

i do!!! did you finally join a social network!? High Five High Five
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:48 am

steph wrote:
steph wrote:

Smile

That is pop music though, you're right. I just feel like even the pop of like the 80s or 90s was better than today. Like talented artists did top the charts periodically. Now I feel like it's a rare occurrence.

Also Bieber. and Gaslight should not be in the same sentence. (<< see what I did there?) that's how big the gap is between them.

hahah, i notice it and i appreciate it! yeah, i know what you mean. one of my first loves was 80s music Razz
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:49 am

azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:

oh i believe that! lol!

hahahhaa, yes! mostly thanks to this place!

yup, my twitter is just my name: stephdodt

Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:50 am

steph wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
steph wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:

i know you're a nice guy and didn't mean it like that. but that word is not okay No so i just had to say it Smile

Okay... BUT, NO. YOU DON'T KNOW ME. No one understands me... Sad (Just re-hashing some Laurence here). But, yes... that word is not okay. I guess ever band has a few fans that are "bad apples."
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:55 am

steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:

oh i believe that! lol!

Smile

waaaahoooo!!! followed you!! DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS High Five lol!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:58 am

azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:

oh i believe that! lol!

Smile

i believe so! High Five Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:01 am

azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:
steph wrote:
azlisa wrote:

oh i believe that! lol!

Smile

I'm on the twitter machine too. Mostly because of this place as well. hahahaaa
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:09 am

Jadedpunkhulk is my faaaaaaaaaavorite. Okay...besides Gaslight.

Anyway, take it easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next