DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to split an mp3 file?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
honestwithme
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

How to split an mp3 file? Empty
PostSubject: How to split an mp3 file?   How to split an mp3 file? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:23 pm

I was just trying to split the gorgeous Letterman gig from June 27 into seperate tracks - but failed miserably. Would anyone be so kind to tell me which program is preferable, or just (easy solution for lazy guys like me) upload a version of that recording which already has distinct tracks? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: How to split an mp3 file?   How to split an mp3 file? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:35 pm

I have the Letterman set tracked+tagged and thought I uploaded it somewhere public but apparently I just put it on dropbox. Woops. I can probably get it up somewhere later today or tomorrow.

But to answer your question, you can use programs like mp3directcut or audacity to edit mp3s.
Back to top Go down
honestwithme
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How to split an mp3 file?   How to split an mp3 file? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks for your quick reply, ral. I'll try check the two programs you mentioned. And ... yes, it would be very kind if you uploaded "tragged + tagged" recording ...
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: How to split an mp3 file?   How to split an mp3 file? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:47 pm

If on mac, garageband does the trick too.
Back to top Go down
honestwithme
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How to split an mp3 file?   How to split an mp3 file? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:58 am

As I'm still too dumb - or too old already - to split the Letterman recording myself, I'd sheepishly like to renew my request ... Could anyone, ral perhaps, post the "tracked" version? Thank you kindly in advance.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: How to split an mp3 file?   How to split an mp3 file? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:16 pm

honestwithme wrote:
As I'm still too dumb - or too old already - to split the Letterman recording myself, I'd sheepishly like to renew my request ... Could anyone, ral perhaps, post the "tracked" version? Thank you kindly in advance.

I posted it last week in the Letterman thread as promsied.

here's the direct link - http://www.mediafire.com/?opcv6pnw3h3mpjg
Back to top Go down
honestwithme
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How to split an mp3 file?   How to split an mp3 file? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks a ton, ral! That's very kind of you.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: How to split an mp3 file?   How to split an mp3 file? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:05 pm

awesome stuff, cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to split an mp3 file?   How to split an mp3 file? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to split an mp3 file?
Page 1 of 1