DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)

Go down 
+49
StitchesOnTheRadio
Proteus
Hanswurst
lostmeandering
1930!
Try Me
TheSultanOfSwing
DeathoftheCool
Tom1911
riversedge
Chesser19
BuddyHolly
songs like a comfort
acousticbandit
scarsrsouvenirs
JDaniels
J_Bizness
jeffrey2
simo
enola
stagedive
Danieljsmith
azlisa
holdsteady82
White Man In Hammersmith
brianisbae
DaleCooper
ral
TheEmptyBones
TGAFAN25
TGAforLIFE
Afzoomie67
LaGuitarLady
gaslightfan89
AmSlang59
rumham
thomas94
ThisMachineKillsFascists
steady now steady now
gtalbott
MikeSig
snakester
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Klown
A_Regular
saltandburn1967
Christophe
eagles1139
Debonair
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:12 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
MattL wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Haven't listened to any of the samples since yesterday. STAYING STRONG!!!!!

But you already listened! Why stop now? I still haven't listened to the samples and it's driving me absolutely insane, but I'm glad I'm holding out for the album.
You may as well just get it out of the way and listen. They're terrible. Really.

You'll only be disappointed if you hold out.

...I can't tell whether you're trying to trick people into spoiling it for themselves or are legitimately disappointed by the songs.
Twisted Evil

He is evil!!!!! Quick, throw holy water on him! CHRISTO!!! CHRISTO!!!!!
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:15 pm

markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
MattL wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

But you already listened! Why stop now? I still haven't listened to the samples and it's driving me absolutely insane, but I'm glad I'm holding out for the album.
You may as well just get it out of the way and listen. They're terrible. Really.

...I can't tell whether you're trying to trick people into spoiling it for themselves or are legitimately disappointed by the songs.
Twisted Evil

Look out! He's speaking in tongues! He is possessed by the Devil!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:16 pm

MattL wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
MattL wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Twisted Evil

Look out! He's speaking in tongues! He is possessed by the Devil!

Quick.....learn some latin to get the demon out of him. Tie him up! TIE HIM UP!

SIGH......These samples are so good. I wish the album would come out.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:19 pm

markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

You are a terrible influence! I won't listen to you! LALALALALALALALALA!!!!!! Razz

Nope, not listening...even if it kills me!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:20 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Yeah! High Five Way to stay strong Shannon!

Thanks, Konrad! High Five
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:21 pm

markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
MattL wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Twisted Evil

"Mother of God! It's the Chicken Devil"...? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:26 pm

markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

You are a terrible influence! I won't listen to you! LALALALALALALALALA!!!!!! Razz

Its just a little click away.

One little click...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Handwritten/dp/B008GYIOKA/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1341516333&sr=8-12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:29 pm

markbarlow wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

One little click...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Handwritten/dp/B008GYIOKA/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1341516333&sr=8-12

You're one magnificent bastard.

Just.

One.

Click.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:29 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

You're welcome Shannon! You must not want JadedPunkHulk to dig big whole in yard and bury Elsie album. Razz
...it's okay, he's been sending me threats too. He said he would bury 59 Sound album and me doesn't want that! Shocked
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:30 pm

^^ Not listening! No. Diablo. Diablo! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:34 pm

I refused to listen after Mulholland Drive (which I only listened to because the name Mulholland brings up nostalgic memories). I want to be surprised. Preferably in a car.

I think that's what I'll do. When the album arrives, I'll drive my little brother and I around aimlessly listening to it really loud.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:36 pm

MattL wrote:
I refused to listen after Mulholland Drive (which I only listened to because the name Mulholland brings up nostalgic memories). I want to be surprised. Preferably in a car.

I think that's what I'll do. When the album arrives, I'll drive my little brother and I around aimlessly listening to it really loud.

Ah, Mulholland Drive! The best song on the entire album....the...best....song.....on the entire album. I love that song. I love that 20 second sample more than any other song ever!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:39 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:

Ah, Mulholland Drive! The best song on the entire album....the...best....song.....on the entire album. I love that song. I love that 20 second sample more than any other song ever!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, right! I was excited about it the entire time (the entire album so far has basically related to almost every aspect of my life for the past 4-5 years, so when I saw an old girlfriend's name come up, I suspected Brian was just following me around, writing songs based on me), and I'm really happy that this 20-second track is already the catchiest thing so far.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:41 pm

MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:

I know, right! I was excited about it the entire time (the entire album so far has basically related to almost every aspect of my life for the past 4-5 years, so when I saw an old girlfriend's name come up, I suspected Brian was just following me around, writing songs based on me), and I'm really happy that this 20-second track is already the catchiest thing so far.

Yeah, I think it was the one I wanted to hear the most when I saw the name. For some reason, judging from the instrumentals and vocals so far in the clip, I can imagine some huge memorable guitar solo halfway through it or at the very end. Ugh, I want to hear that whole song so much. That clip is unbelievable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:42 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:

Yeah, I think it was the one I wanted to hear the most when I saw the name. For some reason, judging from the instrumentals and vocals so far in the clip, I can imagine some huge memorable guitar solo halfway through it or at the very end. Ugh, I want to hear that whole song so much. That clip is unbelievable.

Only about 2 weeks until it's released... I can... wait. Sad
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:49 pm

MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:

more like....about 2 and a half weeks Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:52 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:

more like....about 2 and a half weeks Sad

Unless we give into the prospective leaks.

Which I hope I won't.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:53 pm

I won't for sure. I'll listen to samples but I refuse to listen to leaks for some strange reason. The quality sucks on those. Well, the quality isn't very good on amazon either but still.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Let's not even talk about leaks. They have no power here.

So, I'm really liking the lengths on each song. 3 songs about 4 minutes long, 1 song is 5. Only one song is under 3 minutes.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:59 pm

markbarlow wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

One little click...

I can't hear you, I can't see you, I can't read your posts. YOU AND YOUR BAD INFLUENCES DO NOT EXIST TO ME! Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:00 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

You're welcome Shannon! You must not want JadedPunkHulk to dig big whole in yard and bury Elsie album. Razz
...it's okay, he's been sending me threats too. He said he would bury 59 Sound album and me doesn't want that! Shocked

JADEDPUNKHULK scares me. He needs to leave our records alone! I will not listen to the spoilers! #SaveElsie
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:00 pm

MattL wrote:

So, I'm really liking the lengths on each song. 3 songs about 4 minutes long, 1 song is 5. Only one song is under 3 minutes.

I agree. Also, Mulholland Drive is one of those 4 minute long songs too so I am happy about that. Blue Dahlia(another favorite) is going over 4 minutes. I want to see what they do with Too Much Blood since that is about 5:20 if I remember correctly. That is the longest song they have ever released. I know, for a fact, that they can keep it interesting the entire 5 minute length. I am also excited to hear Howl. Even though it is just over 2 minutes, what I heard could be awesome. Seems like a quick,fast song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:02 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:

I agree. Also, Mulholland Drive is one of those 4 minute long songs too so I am happy about that. Blue Dahlia(another favorite) is going over 4 minutes. I want to see what they do with Too Much Blood since that is about 5:20 if I remember correctly. That is the longest song they have ever released. I know, for a fact, that they can keep it interesting the entire 5 minute length. I am also excited to hear Howl. Even though it is just over 2 minutes, what I heard could be awesome. Seems like a quick,fast song.

People who've heard the full song have said Howl is the kind of song that everyone sings along to really energetically. It's going to be a huge crowd-pleaser, or I hope it will.

Meanwhile, something tells me Too Much Blood is going to have a huge guitar solo, and one of Brian's famous "the entire song is now different" bridges.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Someone give me more lyrics to hold me over!!!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:05 pm

MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:

People who've heard the full song have said Howl is the kind of song that everyone sings along to really energetically. It's going to be a huge crowd-pleaser, or I hope it will.

Meanwhile, something tells me Too Much Blood is going to have a huge guitar solo, and one of Brian's famous "the entire song is now different" bridges.

Oh, that is cool about Howl. I heard that too and completely forgot about it. I am sure it will be a song they play in every set cause it is so quick.

I never though about that in Too Much Blood. Now that you mention it, I am betting that it will have one of those "the entire song is now different" bridges. That would be awesome. It starts out slow but I bet in the end it will be pretty quick

I think my three favorites from the samples are:

1) Mulholland Drive(For sure!!! So awesome)
2) Blue Dahlia
3) Desire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next