DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)

Go down 
+49
StitchesOnTheRadio
Proteus
Hanswurst
lostmeandering
1930!
Try Me
TheSultanOfSwing
DeathoftheCool
Tom1911
riversedge
Chesser19
BuddyHolly
songs like a comfort
acousticbandit
scarsrsouvenirs
JDaniels
J_Bizness
jeffrey2
simo
enola
stagedive
Danieljsmith
azlisa
holdsteady82
White Man In Hammersmith
brianisbae
DaleCooper
ral
TheEmptyBones
TGAFAN25
TGAforLIFE
Afzoomie67
LaGuitarLady
gaslightfan89
AmSlang59
rumham
thomas94
ThisMachineKillsFascists
steady now steady now
gtalbott
MikeSig
snakester
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Klown
A_Regular
saltandburn1967
Christophe
eagles1139
Debonair
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Idk if it ever got listed on here but there verse that's repeated a lot at the end of Handwritten, are the lyrics for that here somewhere because the first post didn't list that part. Even if you tell me it's in here somewhere I'll go looking. Thanks!

The part where he's singing "with this pen I thee wed from my heart to your distress"?

Underneath that he's just repeating "every word handwritten."
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:52 am

snakester wrote:
Idk if it ever got listed on here but there verse that's repeated a lot at the end of Handwritten, are the lyrics for that here somewhere because the first post didn't list that part. Even if you tell me it's in here somewhere I'll go looking. Thanks!

The part where he's singing "with this pen I thee wed from my heart to your distress"?

Underneath that he's just repeating "every word handwritten."

Yeah that line. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Proteus
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Proteus

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:17 am

Debonair wrote:
This is by ear through both through headphones and speakers. I'm sure someone might hear stuff different.

Thank you! Love the song!
Back to top Go down
rgillies
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rgillies

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:42 pm

I absolutely love the Blue Dahlia preview, can't wait to hear the whole song!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:52 pm

rgillies wrote:

It might be my favorite chorus of the ones that I know so far.

Spoiler:

Kinda She Loves You all over again with me being pissed that the bonus song is a bonus song.
Back to top Go down
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:16 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
rgillies wrote:

Spoiler:

Kinda She Loves You all over again with me being pissed that the bonus song is a bonus song.

I'm hearing "man enough" in the chorus through a pair of decent headphones... Also when I heard the way he sung
Spoiler:
I got chills. Definitely wasn't expecting that, it hit me the same way
Spoiler:
did.

That's one of the big things I'm loving about this album, his voice seems to have so much more emotion in it.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:18 pm

snakester wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
rgillies wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm hearing "man enough" in the chorus through a pair of decent headphones... Also when I heard the way he sung [spolier] "And I've been so let down I've been almost level with the ground" [/spoiler] I got chills. Definitely wasn't expecting that, it hit me the same way
Spoiler:
did.

That's one of the big things I'm loving about this album, his voice seems to have so much more emotion in it.

Haha yeah to be honest I heard "man enough" also hence the question mark, just seems like a kind of strange lyric if it is "man enough". Interesting though.

Haven't listened to the rest of the album but really looking forward to it if his voice is as emotional as everyone is saying.
Back to top Go down
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:23 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
snakester wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
rgillies wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm hearing "man enough" in the chorus through a pair of decent headphones... Also when I heard the way he sung [spolier] "And I've been so let down I've been almost level with the ground" [/spoiler] I got chills. Definitely wasn't expecting that, it hit me the same way
Spoiler:
did.

Haha yeah to be honest I heard "man enough" also hence the question mark, just seems like a kind of strange lyric if it is "man enough". Interesting though.

Haven't listened to the rest of the album but really looking forward to it if his voice is as emotional as everyone is saying.

Yeah, it seems like he's gotten a lot more confident in what he can do with his voice. If you've got even an ounce of emotion in you Mullholland, Keepsake, and Mae will hit you like a ton of bricks. Mullholland more so for me because it's so damn relatable, but the end is a REAL treat.
Back to top Go down
pauldt1969
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Hear the whole album in full on NPR   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Just discovered this. Apologies if this has been posted before and I'm just repeating something that you are already aware of. Enjoy.

http://www.npr.org/2012/07/10/156551726/first-listen-the-gaslight-anthem-handwritten?sc=21&f=98679384[/url]
Back to top Go down
Chesser19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chesser19

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:13 pm

rgillies wrote:

I'm with you on this one. Fell in love with the preview on amazon that was released a few weeks back and I absolutely love this one too.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Chesser19
Chappers
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chappers

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Gave in and listened to it - WOW!!!

And National Anthem, what the flip!!! Epic cheers
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:53 am

Debonair wrote:
This is by ear through both through headphones and speakers. I'm sure someone might hear stuff different.

Like for example I couldn't tell in the chorus if he's saying "could live with it" or "can live with it"
it sounds like in the first two choruses he's saying "could" and the last he is saying "can" but I just settled on "can"

Let me know for any changes but i think its like 95% correct

P.s. so far its like my favorite... I'm sure it will change but right now - so good!

Keepsake

It's been 31 years since she's been in your arms
but don't worry about Mama, Mama's got a good heart
And I'm not looking for your love, I'm only sniffing out blood
Just a little taste of where I came from

And at the bottom of this river
is where I put you down to lay so I can live with it
And in my heart heart heart there are these waters
where I put you down to lay while I learn to live with it
till I'm free

And its been all my life
I've been wondering on the inside
what we could of had if you had a part of my life
and there were children involved and they were brothers to me
even if we never got to meet

And in my heart there are these waters
till I'm free-

-at last from this shadow that hangs
surely you wonder sometimes and I'm sure you won't sympathise
just what a mans to become but just like his daddy's done
I just want to love someone who has the same blood

And in my heart there are these waters
For keepsake - till I'm free

These are mostly right with just a few lines off.

And in my hard, hard heart there are these waters

And I'm sure you all sympathize
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:00 pm

MikeSig wrote:
Am I crazy, or are the lyrics in the snippet for Howl filled with allusions to Thunder Road? Almost seems like the person Brian is singing about either fantasized about Thunder Road as a teen, or is a grown-up version of Mary in Thunder Road.
Late answer (been avoiding spoilers), but absolutely. It's not even as if he's tried to hide it.

Thunder, escapes, dresses waving, radio, etc.

Good spot.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:04 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
MikeSig wrote:
Am I crazy, or are the lyrics in the snippet for Howl filled with allusions to Thunder Road? Almost seems like the person Brian is singing about either fantasized about Thunder Road as a teen, or is a grown-up version of Mary in Thunder Road.
Late answer (been avoiding spoilers), but absolutely. It's not even as if he's tried to hide it.

Good spot.

Wow, the dress waving thing did remind me of thunder road but I didn't actually stop to think about it. Now I feel dumb, haha.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:55 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
MikeSig wrote:

Good spot.

Wow, the dress waving thing did remind me of thunder road but I didn't actually stop to think about it. Now I feel dumb, haha.
Don't, i didn't spot it until i read the post i quoted! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   spoilers - 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13