DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THC record store day release

Go down 
+27
oh_megan
steffuhnee
bringiton
steph
Van Der Twix
jerzshore732
HorribleCrowe
riversedge
njguy99
Kosburn59
EveryLittleSecret
tyoac
stephendgaf
TGATHC
Gaslight23
steady now steady now
Jerseyrain
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Camus
JimmyB
Klown
TGAforLIFE
J.B.R.
19thirty
Shrewsbury_Stars
Debonair
brucesboots
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

THC record store day release - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Speaking of RSD, I'm getting so excited! Only 6 more days!!

And, wow, that is close Shannon! Only seven miles?! I would be broke beyond broke if that was the case for me. hahaha
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:13 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Speaking of RSD, I'm getting so excited! Only 6 more days!!

And, wow, that is close Shannon! Only seven miles?! I would be broke beyond broke if that was the case for me. hahaha

That's what I'm afraid of! I was there for an hour the other day and walked out nine records richer and $60 poorer. A good trade if you ask me! Razz The guy working there said they sell a ton of vinyl on consignment from a dealer, and he changes out his stock every two weeks. There is a constant supply of new (used) records!

And the record store guy said that he couldn't promise anything, but he thinks they will be getting a copy of THC record in for RSD, and if I get there before they open I shouldn't have a problem getting it. Fingers crossed! I'm excited!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:30 am

from AP; I assume it's genuine, though the 'I' is missing from the A side's title

THC record store day release - Page 2 Crowes
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:06 am

steady now steady now wrote:
from AP; I assume it's genuine, though the 'I' is missing from the A side's title

I'm pretty certain that's the same photo some kid posted earlier in this thread from the S1D tumblr. That there is a typo is a pretty good indicator that it's a real S1D release.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:13 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

I'm pretty certain that's the same photo some kid posted earlier in this thread from the S1D tumblr. That there is a typo is a pretty good indicator that it's a real S1D release.

aargh; my office server blocks images from some sites, so I didn't see it, but I can now see the place holder
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 2:18 pm

In the UK you will be able to get a copy from here if there is any left after RSD

http://www.banquetrecords.com/rsd12thclive;jsessionid=70D7D9D7A147B6144DE0C69594118914
Back to top Go down
TGATHC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:51 pm

There's a pic on www[dot]strictlydiscs[dot]com/page/about/us/intheknow?id=105 (You'll have to put in the "dots" since I can't post hyperlinks yet as a new member). In any case, I reserved it from these guys. They ship releases, too.

Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:47 pm

TGATHC wrote:
There's a pic on www[dot]strictlydiscs[dot]com/page/about/us/intheknow?id=105 (You'll have to put in the "dots" since I can't post hyperlinks yet as a new member). In any case, I reserved it from these guys. They ship releases, too.

how can you reserve them ?
Back to top Go down
TGATHC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:51 pm

It looks as if you have to e-mail them now to do it. It was just a wishlist before, but now that they're getting close to RSD they probably have the shipments in so they can probably just tell you if they have any left.

brucesboots wrote:
TGATHC wrote:

how can you reserve them ?

Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 am

THC record store day release - Page 2 418454811565
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:25 am

stephendgaf wrote:
THC record store day release - Page 2 418454811565

That's the poster that promoted the in-store performance. It's not the artwork for the record (although I think that would have been a better choice than what they decided to use).
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:36 am

ah, i just saw it on the RSD site, wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:04 am

got one of these already, photos here: https://plus.google.com/photos/109505929725050136251/albums/5733823310475194465?authkey=CPbti-v5o4PowAE
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Banquet Records said they still have a good supply of stock left of Horrible Crowes, so fingers crossed for those after a copy, that they get it next Monday (30th) when Banquet put it up on their site.

Is there any difference in UK and US versions of this ? Apart from the small run of red vinyl from the Fingerprints store?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Klown wrote:
Banquet Records said they still have a good supply of stock left of Horrible Crowes, so fingers crossed for those after a copy, that they get it next Monday (30th) when Banquet put it up on their site.

Is there any difference in UK and US versions of this ? Apart from the small run of red vinyl from the Fingerprints store?

If you are a perfectionist then there is, just the pressing, pressed in U.S. vs U.K. other wise my guess is no.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Fair enough, managed to land a US pressing, I'm happy enough with that.

If anyone happens across the Dave Hause vinyl on their travels, keep me in mind, I'll paypal all costs and such if you can pick it up.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:45 pm

the UK version says made in the USA on the sleeve , but it seems the etchings on the 7" are different
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:10 pm

I was able to snag THC Dave hause and feist/mastodon
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Sad

congrats, had a few people trying for me for Dave Hause, seems that it's harder to get than first thought. What makes it worse, is that it's the first in the series of 7"'s.
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Klown wrote:
Sad

congrats, had a few people trying for me for Dave Hause, seems that it's harder to get than first thought. What makes it worse, is that it's the first in the series of 7"'s.

The store I went to only had 2 copies, same goes for THC
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 2:13 pm

THC record store day release - Page 2 Img_3311

I actually feel like a collector now. This 45 sounds amazing, definitely some of the best live tracks yet.

They had so many good releases today. I grabbed a Regina Spektor 45 with two Russian songs she covered, plus the Flogging Molly 45 has a fantastic mix of Drunken Lullabies, I like it better than the orignal actually...

I wish Frank's could have made it to the US. Anyways. I'm a happy camper today. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Where I went didn't have the Dave Hause release either. The lady behind the counter was looking for it too and said she wasn't sure what happened!

But I did snag this beauty...

THC record store day release - Page 2 Record10
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Hmmm..Banquet Records didn't get Dave Hause in at all. Strange. Plus it's meant to be impossible to get in Philly as well.

THC vinyl is looking good, can't wait til I get mine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Dave wrote this on Twitter:

[quote]
Dave Hause ‏ @hausedave
Sorry to folks looking for the record store day 7", I have no idea where you get them. Check with @side_one_dummy?[quote]
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Yeah, just saw that. Just saw you got retweeted by Sideone as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THC record store day release   THC record store day release - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THC record store day release
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next