DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cassette tapes

Go down 
+3
plugga
Debonair
Forum Owner
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

cassette tapes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cassette tapes   cassette tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:20 am

Kropotkin wrote:
true enough steph ... we didn't know the meanings of half the songs we sang, like most of Prince's 'purple rain' and the sweater that Wham! made popular stating: 'Choose Life.' ;-)

hahah, yes Razz
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: cassette tapes   cassette tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:32 pm

steph wrote:
bahaha...yeah, but... some 80s music is just too great to not LOVE it. like that song, by frankie says relax, every talked about how sexual it really was. ah well, many of the good songs are about that! Smile

they used to sell these great t-shirts in the UK back then, which said

FRANKIE
SAYS
RELAX

then they sold t-shirt with Frankie says this, that, and the other, it just went on and on

then one day I saw a t-shirt that said

FUCK
WHAT
FRANKIE
SAYS

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: cassette tapes   cassette tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:47 am

Haha, I remember all of those shirts, Frankie Says Relax, Choose Life, etc. I was little so I didn't have any, but I have a memory of being in first grade and seeing one of the bigger kids (10 or 11 years old maybe) wearing a Frankie Says Relax shirt (knotted at the hip) with neon great bicycle shorts and L.A. Gear hi-tops. I have no idea why I remember this, but it stuck in my head! I thought the shirt was stupid, but in 1988 I thought the shorts were really cool! Rolling Eyes Razz
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: cassette tapes   cassette tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:49 am

nirvana had some great shirts too - with swearing on them! i wore out my misfits and my ministry shirts ;-)
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cassette tapes   cassette tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cassette tapes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2