DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

59 Sound on cassette

Go down 
+11
brucesboots
jonester
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Debonair
racecar
brianisbae
MKULTRA
colmillionaire
bringiton_ty
Shrewsbury_Stars
crutchfield
15 posters
AuthorMessage
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

59 Sound on  cassette Empty
PostSubject: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:31 am

I wish this existed. Does anyone know people at S1D? Can we send some emails to make this possible. Imagine if the cassette was translucent blue to match the font on the album cover. A fella can dream right?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 2:28 pm

What is it about the cassette format that you find appealing?
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Cassette was probably the worst thing to happen to music. Fed up of hipster bands releasing things on cassette these days at shows lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Only nostalgia. My first album purchases were on cassette back in elementary school. I recognize they have bad sound quality, get eaten by decks/worn out, and are just plain old outdated...however I used to love my walkman cassette player and mix tapes.

I already own 59 sound on vinyl twice over and on CD, but its my favorite album of all time so I'd be excited to have it on 8 track,  cassettee, ...(what other formats am I forgetting).

Last edited by crutchfield on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:42 pm

ah the classic reel to reel
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 4:14 pm

crutchfield wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Only nostalgia. My first album purchases were on cassette back in elementary school. I recognize they have bad sound quality, get eaten by decks/worn out, and are just plain old outdated...however I used to love my walkman cassette player and mix tapes.

I already own 59 sound on vinyl twice over and on CD, but its my favorite album of all time so I'd be excited to have it on 8 track,  cassettee, ...(what other formats am I forgetting).

I have a couple minus the bear cassettes. I just bought them because of my love of the music and to support the band.
That's fair enough. I'm just glad you didn't say superior sound quality. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
crutchfield wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

I have a couple minus the bear cassettes. I just bought them because of my love of the music and to support the band.
That's fair enough. I'm just glad you didn't say superior sound quality. Very Happy 
Haha noooo. Im just an expert at buying things I dont need.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:45 am

crutchfield wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
crutchfield wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Haha noooo. Im just an expert at buying things I dont need.
i feel ya. i bought Frank Turner's Tape Deck Heart on cassette because it seemed like a cool and fitting thing to do... its still in its packaging because i have no way to play the damn thing haha.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:43 pm

I would love it on cassette since my car doesn't have a cd player.
Back to top Go down
racecar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 3:40 am

silvergibs wrote:
Sounds like someone needs an upgrade! Laughing 

Personally I LOVE The '59 Sound on vinyl. Given the fact that I have a warm cartridge, most of the album sounds like it would fit right at home with other albums of the era. I don't get that same effect when I listen to the CD.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Seems you got your wish. Fest exclusive though

http://twitter.com/SideOneDummy/status/385862591743938560/photo/1
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Debonair wrote:

http://twitter.com/SideOneDummy/status/385862591743938560/photo/1
haha the gods of music were on your side!
Back to top Go down
racecar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:50 am

Debonair wrote:
-removed link because I can't post them-
That's AMAZING. Probably not going to be easy to find, and definitely not cheap if you can't make it to the show they're selling them at.
Back to top Go down
jonester
A Contender
A Contender
jonester

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 12:03 am

bringiton_ty wrote:
Cassette was probably the worst thing to happen to music. Fed up of hipster bands releasing things on cassette these days at shows lol
 affraid   Are you kidding me?affraid  You must not have been around for eight tracks, LPs had to be cared for like a newborn baby, lest they be scratched. AT the time, cassettes were GREAT!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:29 pm

will it come with a blue pencil to rewind it when it unwinds itself ?
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 5:37 pm

Sooo, anyways...

Anyone going to Fest that wouldn't mind picking up a copy or 2 of the cassette?

(Doubtful, I know, but I gots to try!).
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:10 pm

jonester wrote:
bringiton_ty wrote:
 affraid   Are you kidding me?affraid  You must not have been around for eight tracks, LPs had to be cared for like a newborn baby, lest they be scratched. AT the time, cassettes were GREAT!
The thing is that cassettes have been completely surpassed in function by CDs. Its not going to sound better on cassette. Its not going to last longer on cassette. Maybe you enjoy the look/feel of a cassette but that is really all it has going for it. I mean, you don't see people collecting 8 tracks either. Its not that cassette's were the worst thing to happen to music, is the recent attempted revival of cassettes that is kinda painful.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Now up on sideone store $8

http://store.sideonedummy.com/tga-59-cassette.html
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 1:24 am

that's pretty awesome. will probably pick this up just as a collectible piece.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Italian__Fallon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Italian__Fallon

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:17 pm

silvergibs wrote:
59 Sound on  cassette Stereo-lettore-cassetta-auto-autoradio-mp3-cd-radio-jack

I used it for my car too. tongue 
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:21 pm

That's completely bizarre. I havent checked the forums in a while just seeing my dream came true!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound on cassette   59 Sound on  cassette Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

59 Sound on cassette
Page 1 of 1