DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Sports Thread

Go down 
+61
gking92
Jables
Try Me
enola
saltandburn1967
Breanne
TGAforLIFE
A_Regular
Bea
ghosttocoast
03aarm
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Philo
bringiton
HorribleCrowe
DeathoftheCool
kirstyt
Christophe
JimmyB
plugga
HighLonesome
Klown
Hanswurst
ThisMachineKillsFascists
YouCanCallMeSally
dss
Camus
Labhras
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Harbortown
Grant Michael
drifter69
JJW319
MKULTRA
Jaywalk
Casey
TGAFAN25
colmillionaire
wonderson189
talley
theBasemen
loazis
redinthemorning
simo
Jay
kieran
mescalero
thecosmickid
Palmer89
ktp
Daire
lynchyeatspizza
Ivefoundgod
tdawg
Vibes
cholojames!
rhg5010
e7c
JoshRaymond
xstevenbx
Jukebox Romeo
65 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

General Sports Thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:16 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
I played baseball all the way up to my sophomore year of college.
Why did you stop? I'm supposed to play softball in college, but I'm just so not excited about it. Its division 3, so it wont be crazy time consuming such as a D1 program, but I just don't know if I want to
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Klown wrote:
Camus wrote:
Ahaha. Playing in the scrum was always horrible.

I loved it. Was part of the team that held (and probably still does hold) the N.I Schools record for biggest victory, something stupid like 95-0. That was a fun day. Was also fun when our Under 14's team, beat a local U17's team. Good times.

Wow, that's impressive! I was never good enough for the school team, so when they were all off playing games the rest of us would play. I would always volunteer for scrum half because I was one of the few people who actually knew what I was doing. Razz
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Breanne wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Why did you stop? I'm supposed to play softball in college, but I'm just so not excited about it. Its division 3, so it wont be crazy time consuming such as a D1 program, but I just don't know if I want to

Freshman year, my grades were horrible. I figured studying and my career were way more important than baseball. Not to mention, my coach was on my ass which was understandable. We were D2 and it wasn't too time consuming. We had quite a few practices and games but I still had a lot of time to do other stuff. I still had a blast but I enjoyed playing High School baseball than college.

Why don't you want to play?
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:26 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Breanne wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Freshman year, my grades were horrible. I figured studying and my career were way more important than baseball. Not to mention, my coach was on my ass which was understandable. We were D2 and it wasn't too time consuming. We had quite a few practices and games but I still had a lot of time to do other stuff. I still had a blast but I enjoyed playing High School baseball than college.
I gotchya. My parents are really excited, but surprisingly understanding. They were so upset when my brother quit college baseball, but my parents are now just telling me to try it out and if I I want to quit, its my decision. It's just nervewracking
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Breanne wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Breanne wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

I gotchya. My parents are really excited, but surprisingly understanding. They were so upset when my brother quit college baseball, but my parents are now just telling me to try it out and if I I want to quit, its my decision. It's just nervewracking

What are your reasons for not wanting to play?
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm majoring in marine biology, and I really want that to work out for me, so I feel like keeping my grades up could be tough. I got recruited and met their coach, but she just quit so now I'm going in to this completely blind because I won't know the coach. And I'm already going to be six hours from home, so I would like the freedom to be able to go home every once in a while without worrying about games. And they do a trip over spring break, which would be fun, but I'd rather be home with friends on spring break. Meh, I dunno. But I also love to play softball, so I'm conflicted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:33 pm

Klown wrote:
Rugby, Football (proper football) and Atheletics.

You really wouldn't think it now.
Rugby, that's the one with the egg-shaped ball right?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:35 pm

markbarlow wrote:
Klown wrote:
Rugby, Football (proper football) and Atheletics.

You really wouldn't think it now.
Rugby, that's the one with the egg-shaped ball right?

Yes, the squashed football.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:48 pm

Breanne wrote:
I'm majoring in marine biology, and I really want that to work out for me, so I feel like keeping my grades up could be tough. I got recruited and met their coach, but she just quit so now I'm going in to this completely blind because I won't know the coach. And I'm already going to be six hours from home, so I would like the freedom to be able to go home every once in a while without worrying about games. And they do a trip over spring break, which would be fun, but I'd rather be home with friends on spring break. Meh, I dunno. But I also love to play softball, so I'm conflicted

All of them are great reasons not to play. I am majoring in Criminal Justice and getting a minor in Psychology and that is a lot of work. I know a couple people going into Marine Biology and they say it is a lot of work and pretty difficult. You just need to ask yourself how far you see yourself going in softball. Is it really worth it to play if you want to focus on your major? Also, that sucks going onto a team blind without meeting a coach. For all you know, the new coach could be an asshat. If you love playing softball, you could always join a league or something for fun. Every college i know has them.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Breanne wrote:
Did any of you play sports in college?

volley aaand badminton bounce
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Breanne wrote:
Does beer pong count?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Breanne wrote:
Does beer pong count?

i LOVE beer pong.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Breanne wrote:
Does beer pong count?
Duh!
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:09 am

Textbook hip check:

General Sports Thread - Page 34 SleI9

That is all.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 5:13 am

plugga wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Cool I will bring a volleyball to the next gig so we can kill some time, playing lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:43 pm

enola wrote:
plugga wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Cool I will bring a volleyball to the next gig so we can kill some time, playing lol!

i thought rock paper scissor was our thing lol!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:48 pm

plugga wrote:
enola wrote:
plugga wrote:
Breanne wrote:

i thought rock paper scissor was our thing lol!

Nooooo! Rock, paper, scissors, lightsaber and pistol was our game :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:49 pm

fair enough!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:46 am

I ran track and field at SJSU

also today I learned that there are only two Nascar drivers to have college degrees.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:14 pm

So what if Only two do? Most drivers focus all their attention to NASCAR. It takes a lot of time, practice, and paitence to become a great NASCAR driver, and Racecar driver in general. Really rather disappointing A.J Allmendinger failed a drug test- I still stand by Most of the NASCAR drivers are true role models from the sports world, even though teachers, Musicians, firefighters, police officers, etc are the true role models.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:26 pm

I just feel like any racing sports are completely based on who has the best car.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:01 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/07/13/fabio-borini-flies-in-for-liverpool-fc-medical-ahead-of-11million-move-from-roma-100252-31387377/#ixzz20UfXk3PO

I am happy with this Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:10 am

Klown wrote:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/07/13/fabio-borini-flies-in-for-liverpool-fc-medical-ahead-of-11million-move-from-roma-100252-31387377/#ixzz20UfXk3PO

me too.

we need some firepower

i hope this isnt the end of andy carroll.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:13 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Klown wrote:

me too.

we need some firepower

There is talk (thankfully only talk) of a Clint Dempsey and cash swap for Carroll, but I'm not too sure what way to think about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:19 am

Not really a big fan of Clint...i just don't think a midfielder who is 29-30 years old is worth the buy unless he is worldclass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   General Sports Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Sports Thread
Page 34 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next