DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+11
colmillionaire
IrishNameAndAnInjury
ThisMachineKillsFascists
NeverTrustAJunkie
HorribleCrowe
Debonair
JimmyB
Holland
Camus
plugga
Harbortown
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:55 am

Sarah's here! Good morning!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:58 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Hey Ilaria! How are you? How did you get started writing interviews? That seems like a really cool line of work.

Guess what? I am finally going to start watching Downton Abbey today! Very Happy

Because i have amazing friends ahahah she runs this website so i help her with english and i write some reviews Very Happy

YOU HAVE TO TELL ME EVERYTHING ABOUT DOWNTON
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:03 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
hold on tight Jimmy!
Not in my area, But after watching all the storms from April last year as it happened on the weather channel...I never want to see that again.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:12 am

That's fascinating! I have studied psychology, including child psychology with an interest in the gifted mind for years, in college and on my own time. I was labeled as gifted in second grade and I teach gifted children, so I have a personal connection to the field. Have you found any interesting information?

How cool that you started writing a novel! Ten pages is a good start. Who knows, you might it back up again one day, complete it, and become a best selling author. Anything can happen! This novel that I'm working on is actually my fifth. I have written four books in a women's fiction series that I hope will be published one day. I am trying to get a literary agent, but it's tough. This new novel is just mainstream fiction though, unrelated to my series. I love writing!

Yea, internet and books, it does help alot!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:14 am

Good morning Shannon! Good morning Ilaria! Good morning everybody else who's here! I just had the most horrendous, stressful week ever (hence my absence throughout the week) and I am looking forward to putting it behind me forever!
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:14 am

It's 3pm Sunday here haha :d
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:21 am

plugga wrote:
Hey Ilaria! How are you? How did you get started writing interviews? That seems like a really cool line of work.

Guess what? I am finally going to start watching Downton Abbey today! Very Happy

Because i have amazing friends ahahah she runs this website so i help her with english and i write some reviews Very Happy

YOU HAVE TO TELL ME EVERYTHING ABOUT DOWNTON

That's so cool! Cool

I will defintely tell you everything! My mom and my sister decided that they wanted to watch Downton too, so I have been waiting very impatienly until we all had free time to watch it. I'm so excited to finally see it! I'm sure I will love it.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:23 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
That's fascinating! I have studied psychology, including child psychology with an interest in the gifted mind for years, in college and on my own time. I was labeled as gifted in second grade and I teach gifted children, so I have a personal connection to the field. Have you found any interesting information?

How cool that you started writing a novel! Ten pages is a good start. Who knows, you might it back up again one day, complete it, and become a best selling author. Anything can happen! This novel that I'm working on is actually my fifth. I have written four books in a women's fiction series that I hope will be published one day. I am trying to get a literary agent, but it's tough. This new novel is just mainstream fiction though, unrelated to my series. I love writing!

Yea, internet and books, it does help alot!

Yep! Writing reports before the Internet was so much harder! Reading through book after book, encyclopedias, articles, everything took so long. Thank goodness for the Internet!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:23 am

Well, I am getting ready for Church...Get to see the girl I went on a date with again today.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:25 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:

Good morning Shannon! Good morning Ilaria! Good morning everybody else who's here! I just had the most horrendous, stressful week ever (hence my absence throughout the week) and I am looking forward to putting it behind me forever!

That sounds so awful! I have had weeks like that that just make you want to pull your hair out and scream, or maybe punch someone in the face, haha. Razz One of these days I'll just have a nervous breakdown! I hope next week is WAY better! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 am

JimmyB wrote:
Well, I am getting ready for Church...Get to see the girl I went on a date with again today.

Have fun! Maybe you'll have a chance to talk to her and set up another time to go out.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:28 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:

Time differences are so weird! It always seems strange to me when it's only six a.m. here and people are eating lunch in Europe. Razz
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:32 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:

Time differences are so weird! It always seems strange to me when it's only six a.m. here and people are eating lunch in Europe. Razz

Ah, just need on more intelligencetest ...
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:33 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:

That sounds so awful! I have had weeks like that that just make you want to pull your hair out and scream, or maybe punch someone in the face, haha. Razz One of these days I'll just have a nervous breakdown! I hope next week is WAY better! Very Happy
Haha, yeah, I was pretty close to a nervous breakdown all week! And thanks, I'm hoping this coming week is better, too!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:46 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Haha, yeah, I was pretty close to a nervous breakdown all week! And thanks, I'm hoping this coming week is better, too!

Six years ago when I quit my last job, I was extremely close to a nervous breakdown. I was the lead teacher of a one-year-old preschool class, working anywhere from 60-75 hours a week (at the school and planning on my own time), making only $17,500 a year (PATHETIC!), writing lesson plans and daily activity sheets for two classes, being shuffled from classroom to classroom because we were so severely understaffed, and generally being taken advantage of and not being appreciated. I was probably one day away from completely losing it. I ended up with the stomach flu (most of my students had it also), and was given a lot of crap when I called in sick for the second day in a row. I was so upset and spent that day trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I had no time for myself, no time to write, no time to do anything other than work, and I decided I had enough. I went into work the next day, they made me even though I was still sick, turned in my letter of resignation, and instantly felt like the world had been lifted off of my shoulders. It was very liberating to take back control of my life. Then a few weeks later I found out that one of my students had been pulled out of my class after I left and her parents were expecting another baby and looking for a nanny. One thing led to another, and I've been with them for almost six years. It's funny how things work out. So even when I have terrible days or weeks at this job, I try to remind myself how much better it is than my job at the school. That's me trying to have a positive outlook on life. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:47 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:

Europe = place to be!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:53 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

Europe = place to be!

I would love to go to Europe one day. Everything looks so beautiful in pictures and there is so much culture and history. You're lucky!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:55 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Six years ago when I quit my last job, I was extremely close to a nervous breakdown. I was the lead teacher of a one-year-old preschool class, working anywhere from 60-75 hours a week (at the school and planning on my own time), making only $17,500 a year (PATHETIC!), writing lesson plans and daily activity sheets for two classes, being shuffled from classroom to classroom because we were so severely understaffed, and generally being taken advantage of and not being appreciated. I was probably one day away from completely losing it. I ended up with the stomach flu (most of my students had it also), and was given a lot of crap when I called in sick for the second day in a row. I was so upset and spent that day trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I had no time for myself, no time to write, no time to do anything other than work, and I decided I had enough. I went into work the next day, they made me even though I was still sick, turned in my letter of resignation, and instantly felt like the world had been lifted off of my shoulders. It was very liberating to take back control of my life. Then a few weeks later I found out that one of my students had been pulled out of my class after I left and her parents were expecting another baby and looking for a nanny. One thing led to another, and I've been with them for almost six years. It's funny how things work out. So even when I have terrible days or weeks at this job, I try to remind myself how much better it is than my job at the school. That's me trying to have a positive outlook on life. Rolling Eyes

Well, my god that is an inspirational story, Shannon! Very cool that something so great came from such a terrible situation. I'm not really one to complain about a lot of things, because I know a lot of people are way more stressed and have it so much worse than I do, but man, sometimes you just gotta vent a little., y'know?
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:55 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

Europe = place to be!

I would love to go to Europe one day. Everything looks so beautiful in pictures and there is so much culture and history. You're lucky!

There is enough space in my backyard to place tents! Dimestore Saints reunion!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:58 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Well, my god that is an inspirational story, Shannon! Very cool that something so great came from such a terrible situation. I'm not really one to complain about a lot of things, because I know a lot of people are way more stressed and have it so much worse than I do, but man, sometimes you just gotta vent a little., y'know?

Exactly! I have learned over the years that if I keep everything in, I will eventually explode, and that's not pretty! Razz I do tend to be a complainer, but I'm trying to do better. I can get fixated on the negative things very easily, so it takes a lot of effort to look on the bright side. I'm a lot better than I used to be though!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:59 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

Europe = place to be!

Haha, that would be awesome! Razz
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:00 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

Europe = place to be!

Haha, that would be awesome! Razz

I'm down!
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Belgian waffles, beer, fries and chocolat on me.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:02 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
Belgian waffles, beer, fries and chocolat on me.

Excellent! Very Happy Razz cheers Very Happy Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Hey saraaah!
I remember eating a disgusting amount of fries in belgium, hmmmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content