DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+8
ThisMachineKillsFascists
JimmyB
Debonair
HorribleCrowe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
plugga
Harbortown
Camus
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Yeah, that pretty much describes at least that part of town, haha.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:54 pm

Hehe, it's a pretty little country for sure.

You should avoid it in the winter though, people are bitter and hostile in the winter, they get no sun and hate everything.
Summer is lovely though!
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:57 pm

http://www.google.be/search?hl=nl&q=antwerp&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1955l2804l2l2861l7l0l2l4l4l0l0l0ll4l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1147&bih=1191&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=YiETT_-NFs-a-wbClPCpDQ#um=1&hl=nl&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=antwerpen&pbx=1&oq=antwerpen&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3125l3365l0l3475l2l2l0l1l1l0l79l79l1l1l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=21bc8c1133788181&biw=1147&bih=1191

Best hometown, ever.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:57 pm

http://www.hrycac.org/images/cityofchesapeake/images1.jpg

This is an aerial view from city hall in Chesapeake, VA. There isn't a lot here except for trees and water. We have a small shopping district, a small, very run down industrial district, and then lots and lots of farm land.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:59 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
http://www.google.be/search?hl=nl&q=antwerp&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1955l2804l2l2861l7l0l2l4l4l0l0l0ll4l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1147&bih=1191&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=YiETT_-NFs-a-wbClPCpDQ#um=1&hl=nl&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=antwerpen&pbx=1&oq=antwerpen&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3125l3365l0l3475l2l2l0l1l1l0l79l79l1l1l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=21bc8c1133788181&biw=1147&bih=1191

Best hometown, ever.

beaaautiful, I loved belgium
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:00 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:

This is an aerial view from city hall in Chesapeake, VA. There isn't a lot here except for trees and water. We have a small shopping district, a small, very run down industrial district, and then lots and lots of farm land.
Apart from the architecture of the buildings, that place looks a lot like Sweden!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:00 pm

HorribleCrowe, those pictures are amazing! Gorgeous architecture! That must be so incredible to see everyday.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Mayville also has this pretty little river.
Spam - Page 4 800px-11

My brother and I used to go fishing on the shore on the left side of this picture allll the time when we were kids. I was afraiid of fish, though, so he stopped taking me along.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:03 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:

Best hometown, ever.

That place looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:06 pm

HorribleCrowe, those pictures are amazing! Gorgeous architecture! That must be so incredible to see everyday.

Not that i'm there everyday, i'm there like 5 times/month.
But, everything we need is there, i live in the countryside, a town with 1000 inhabitants.

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 4 Empty

Harbortown wrote:

Apart from the architecture of the buildings, that place looks a lot like Sweden!

That area of town is pretty. Nice landscaping, buildings are well-kept, streets are in good condition, etc., but that's only a small part of Chesapeake. All of the newer neighborhoods are very cookie cutter, little to no variety which is no fun, and some of the old neighborhoods look like they should be condemned by the board of health. There isn't a whole lot in between. The town is huge in area and most of it is farmland. I live near the shopping district (thank goodness!), but if I drive ten minutes west there is nothing but farms as far as the eye can see. Oh yeah, and Chesapeake also has a swamp. The Great Dismal Swamp. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 4 Empty

It looks very orderly and modern!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Harbortown wrote:

That area of town is pretty. Nice landscaping, buildings are well-kept, streets are in good condition, etc., but that's only a small part of Chesapeake. All of the newer neighborhoods are very cookie cutter, little to no variety which is no fun, and some of the old neighborhoods look like they should be condemned by the board of health. There isn't a whole lot in between. The town is huge in area and most of it is farmland. I live near the shopping district (thank goodness!), but if I drive ten minutes west there is nothing but farms as far as the eye can see. Oh yeah, and Chesapeake also has a swamp. The Great Dismal Swamp. Rolling Eyes
Heeey, I remember that name. Is there something called Chesapeake bay? I may have heard something like that in history class.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:08 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:

Not that i'm there everyday, i'm there like 5 times/month.
But, everything we need is there, i live in the countryside, a town with 1000 inhabitants.

Wow, that's a tiny town! The city I live in has about 200,000 residents, but it's a huge area so people are really spread out.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:10 pm

Yea, but man, i already had a great childhood here! Wait, i'll show some more pictures Wink
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:12 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostrefugee/5146676436/in/photostream

Our garden.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostrefugee/5416744782/in/photostream/

In the backyard :p
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Heeey, I remember that name. Is there something called Chesapeake bay? I may have heard something like that in history class.

Yep, the Chesapeake Bay is less than half an hour from my house. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge connects Virginia to Maryland.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:17 pm

My Town has a mainstreet business district (McDonalds,Subway,music store,computer store,new coffee shop,etc) Train tracks that get used at least 15 times a day on a good day, It also has some water activities, with it being on the monongahela River in SW Pennsylvania, but we also get flooding from time to time.

Here is a photo from my porch Spam - Page 4 250260_10150326223089778_804444777_9849068_3192593_n
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:18 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostrefugee/5146676436/in/photostream

Our garden.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostrefugee/5416744782/in/photostream/

In the backyard :p

Very pretty! Reminds me of the neighborhood I work in. Beautiful gardens, walking trails, very green in the summer and if we get snow, picturesque in the winter. Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:21 pm

JimmyB wrote:
My Town has a mainstreet business district (McDonalds,Subway,music store,computer store,new coffee shop,etc) Train tracks that get used at least 15 times a day on a good day, It also has some water activities, with it being on the monongahela River in SW Pennsylvania, but we also get flooding from time to time.

Here is a photo from my porch Spam - Page 4 250260_10150326223089778_804444777_9849068_3192593_n

Haha, looks very familiar. I think VA and PA are pretty much identical. Why don't we have any scenery or architecture as beautiful as Europe?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:23 pm

You seem to live in a pretty sweet neighborhood, Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Yep, the Chesapeake Bay is less than half an hour from my house. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge connects Virginia to Maryland.
Oh that's very cool!
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:24 pm

JimmyB wrote:

Haha, looks very familiar. I think VA and PA are pretty much identical. Why don't we have any scenery or architecture as beautiful as Europe?

Because Europe has people on it for more than 2000 years, america like 200 years Wink
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Harbortown wrote:
You seem to live in a pretty sweet neighborhood, Jimmy.
Except for the lack of people my age(Mostly old ladies with handbags...I kid you not), it is pretty nice place to live.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Yeah, the view of the bay is nice when you're driving, and pretty much anywhere you travel around here has nice scenery, especially in the fall. The foliage is so beautiful when all of the leaves change. Williamsburg, VA is one of the prettiest towns I have ever seen, about an hour away from me. Lots of history and pretty colonial architecture, but the main reason I go there is to shop. They have a great outlet mall! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next