DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+8
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Holland
JimmyB
Debonair
Harbortown
plugga
NeverTrustAJunkie
IrishNameAndAnInjury
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:22 am

redskynight wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Hey, redskynight, what's your real name? If you don't mind sharing, that is.

Totally don't mind at all! It's Mac. Very Happy

Mac! I like that!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:25 am

Thanks! I started going by the name Mac when I was 16 in a fit of rebellion, but it's almost all I go by these days, lol. Everyone basically calls me that now.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:27 am

I'm good this morning! Very Happy

We have 20 pages to go before the reset takes place. We can do it you guys! I am feeling kind of sadistic doing this to John, but it's going to be hilarious! He's away for one day and I have hijacked the Spam thread. I'll give it back though...probably. Twisted Evil

Thanks for the compliment on Scooby, Sarah. Very Happy Those pictures don't do him justice though. I will try to post a better one in just a little while.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:29 am

redskynight wrote:
Thanks! I started going by the name Mac when I was 16 in a fit of rebellion, but it's almost all I go by these days, lol. Everyone basically calls me that now.

Mac's a good name. I used to teach a little girl named Mackenzie and I called her Mac all the time. She was adorable. She looked just like a Cindy Lou Who from the Grinch cartoon.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:30 am

Cool! I found another one of Promiss you might like:
Spam - Page 29 Dscf2211
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
redskynight wrote:

Mac's a good name. I used to teach a little girl named Mackenzie and I called her Mac all the time. She was adorable. She looked just like a Cindy Lou Who from the Grinch cartoon.

Aww, that's cute!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 am

Promiss is adorable, Sarah!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 am

Great picture, Sarah! She looks so sweet. Smile

Did you see the pics of Steph's dogs? They are really cute too. I love dogs. They are the best animal.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:38 am

Thanks! I just realized how weird the lighting in that picture is. It looks like Promiss is gray all over, but I swear that's just a glare, haha. I did see the pictures of Stephs dogs! They are so little! And, yes, dogs are definitely the best animal.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:40 am

Haha, I'm one of those people that loves dogs and cats equally. I'm hoping that when I move off-campus, I can get a pet-friendly apartment.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 am

Do any of you guys watch the show Dance Moms? I am getting ready to watch the new episode from last night. I swear, I have met crazy women like this before, but they are gymnastics moms. Can't parents just let their kids be kids and not turn everything into a competition? Also, its just my opinion, but I don't think it's healthy for kids to practice something for several hours a day, every day, and have no time to play or decompress. Crazy stuff!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 am

I like cats, too! Some of them are absolute bitches, though.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:45 am

Do any of you guys watch the show Dance Moms? I am getting ready to watch the new episode from last night. I swear, I have met crazy women like this before, but they are gymnastics moms. Can't parents just let their kids be kids and not turn everything into a competition? Also, its just my opinion, but I don't think it's healthy for kids to practice something for several hours a day, every day, and have no time to play or decompress. Crazy stuff!

I've heard about it, but it frightens me -- along with Toddlers and Tiaras. SO glad my parents were never like that.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:50 am

redskynight wrote:

I've heard about it, but it frightens me -- along with Toddlers and Tiaras. SO glad my parents were never like that.

Oh, both of those shows are absolutely terrifying, but it's like seeing an accident. Once you look you can't look away. I am also glad my parents weren't like that, because I would have rebelled. The parents I work for aren't like that either, but there is more pressure on the kids to practice and be as close to perfect as possible than I would like. It's nothing crazy or anything, just slightly more Type-A than I would prefer for them.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:54 am

I was planning on sticking around longer, but I've been up for over 24 hours, and I need some rest. See you guys later on, maybe. Good luck on your quest to another reset!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 am

http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/39/2009/07/TATlead072309.jpg

In what world is this considered normal for a child? She looks like a miniature showgirl! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:57 am

redskynight wrote:

Oh, both of those shows are absolutely terrifying, but it's like seeing an accident. Once you look you can't look away. I am also glad my parents weren't like that, because I would have rebelled. The parents I work for aren't like that either, but there is more pressure on the kids to practice and be as close to perfect as possible than I would like. It's nothing crazy or anything, just slightly more Type-A than I would prefer for them.

I can definitely understand parents wanting their kids to do well and succeed, but putting pressure on them to be perfect can get too ridiculous sometimes. (I'm from an Asian family -- I know that feeling too well.) Either way, at least it's not as bad as those moms on tv.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:57 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
I was planning on sticking around longer, but I've been up for over 24 hours, and I need some rest. See you guys later on, maybe. Good luck on your quest to another reset!

Night, Sarah!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:58 am

Goodnight Sarah! Come back later on if you have time and see if we've reached our goal, haha. Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:01 am

redskynight wrote:
redskynight wrote:

I can definitely understand parents wanting their kids to do well and succeed, but putting pressure on them to be perfect can get too ridiculous sometimes. (I'm from an Asian family -- I know that feeling too well.) Either way, at least it's not as bad as those moms on tv.

Haha, yeah, I've never experienced anything like these psycho TV moms personally, just overhearing them at the gym that I take one of the kids to. I'm sure it will get more intense once she starts competing in meets, then it will be a whole new set of parents that I will have to deal with. At least my bosses aren't like that though. I couldn't work for people like that!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:10 am

redskynight wrote:
redskynight wrote:

Haha, yeah, I've never experienced anything like these psycho TV moms personally, just overhearing them at the gym that I take one of the kids to. I'm sure it will get more intense once she starts competing in meets, then it will be a whole new set of parents that I will have to deal with. At least my bosses aren't like that though. I couldn't work for people like that!

I don't blame you! I can't imagine what it would be like to work for those kinds of parents.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:18 am

So Mac, what are you studying in college?
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 am

English (creative writing) and journalism, with a bit of art, literature, and education thrown in. I'm hoping to get a teaching credential while pursuing a journalism career.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:28 am

Very cool! I remember you mentioning that you write but I wasn't sure if that was related to your major or not. I wish I would have taken some creative writing classes when I was in school. I bet they would have been a lot of fun, but I was so focused on my early childhood classes that I never branched out.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 am

Hah, yep -- I'm an English major and I had to choose an emphasis, so I picked creative writing. Most of my writing classes have been hit or miss so far. I think it depends on who's teaching the class, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next