DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+8
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Holland
JimmyB
Debonair
Harbortown
plugga
NeverTrustAJunkie
IrishNameAndAnInjury
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:07 am

Debonair wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
I'm just sad that I live in America where I've ten times the more opportunity than everyone and have everything available to me.
Except for universal healthcare and free education.

K-12 is free which is a lot better than most countries..

Still I like to complain about how I haven't eat in five hours and how I ate a baked potato.

my life sucks so bad.

Well unless if you count taxes as not free, but yeah k-12 is free here,

But come on gosspil, when you lose internet and power for the night it is definately the end of the world.

it was the end of the world when this girl I was in love with in love with some other guy...

I mean screw Poverty, and hunger crisis in Africa...I got Real Problems!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:08 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
I'm just sad that I live in America where I've ten times the more opportunity than everyone and have everything available to me.

Still I like to complain about how I haven't eat in five hours and how I ate a baked potato.

my life sucks so bad.
What's K-12?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:08 am

That's life in the South, Sarah. People talk about Southern charm, but under that charm lurks a lot of prejudice, rudeness, and pure stupidity just waiting to come out.

I have noticed this from some of the moms I have come across who have kids in the same activities that the kids I work with are in. They act sweet and polite, but they look down on anyone who is not a Stepford wife just like them. If I had a dollar for every time I heard, "Oh...you're just the nanny" in a sugary sweet Southern drawl with a fake smile plastered on their face, I could easily pay my credit cards bills this month! Rolling Eyes There have been a couple of times when I have actually said something like, "Yeah, I'm just the nanny, but my kids are writing books, reading Shakespeare, and creating their own plays, and your kid just picked her nose and wiped it on your shirt." And of course I said this in a super perky nanny voice with a smile on my face because I can play their game if I have to. It's better not to mess with me sometimes. Wink
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:09 am

Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

my life sucks so bad.
What's K-12?

Public school, kindergarten through high school
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:10 am

Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

my life sucks so bad.
What's K-12?

Oh, I see. I guess that's good, but even universities are free in Sweden.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:11 am

Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Standing ovation for Harbortown!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:11 am

Harbortown wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

my life sucks so bad.
What's K-12?

are they any good tho? I mean there is a reason you are going to college in SB
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:12 am

Harbortown wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

my life sucks so bad.
What's K-12?

Brag, brag, brag, brag, brag! Wink
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:13 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
That's life in the South, Sarah. People talk about Southern charm, but under that charm lurks a lot of prejudice, rudeness, and pure stupidity just waiting to come out.

I have noticed this from some of the moms I have come across who have kids in the same activities that the kids I work with are in. They act sweet and polite, but they look down on anyone who is not a Stepford wife just like them. If I had a dollar for every time I heard, "Oh...you're just the nanny" in a sugary sweet Southern drawl with a fake smile plastered on their face, I could easily pay my credit cards bills this month! Rolling Eyes There have been a couple of times when I have actually said something like, "Yeah, I'm just the nanny, but my kids are writing books, reading Shakespeare, and creating their own plays, and your kid just picked her nose and wiped it on your shirt." And of course I said this in a super perky nanny voice with a smile on my face because I can play their game if I have to. It's better not to mess with me sometimes. Wink

Sounds like my city! "your kid just picked her nose and wiped it on your shirt." hahhahha! It's not a good idea to mess with smart people!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:13 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

my life sucks so bad.
What's K-12?

are they any good tho? I mean there is a reason you are going to college in SB
Of course they are! You can become a doctor, lawyer and a teacher just as well as you can in the states.

The only reason I'm in Santa Barbara is because of self enrichment. I'm not even getting a proper education there.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:14 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Debonair wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

my life sucks so bad.

Well unless if you count taxes as not free, but yeah k-12 is free here,

But come on gosspil, when you lose internet and power for the night it is definately the end of the world.

it was the end of the world when this girl I was in love with in love with some other guy...

I mean screw Poverty, and hunger crisis in Africa...I got Real Problems!! Mad

Yeah I mean who are they, get a job

And if my porsche gets a scratch , I'm sueing
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:15 am

I'm out.

Im gonna go on a walk and think about how shitty my life is and how unlucky I'm to be 21 and living in California.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:

Sounds like my city! "your kid just picked her nose and wiped it on your shirt." hahhahha! It's not a good idea to mess with smart people!

Thanks for the compliment. Very Happy

Yep, there are ignorant morons everywhere, I guess. I just have no patience for them! Mad
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 am

Shannon, may I ask you a question?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:18 am

Harbortown wrote:

Of course!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:19 am

Harbortown wrote:

Of course!
Do you believe in God?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:24 am

Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Of course!
Do you believe in God?

I do. I'm Christian and was raised going to church. I have a very strong faith in God but I don't believe in forcing my own beliefs on others like some people do. What about the rest of you?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:29 am

Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Of course!
Do you believe in God?

I do. I'm Christian and was raised going to church. I have a very strong faith in God but I don't believe in forcing my own beliefs on others like some people do. What about the rest of you?
I see!

I am not a believer, no. I was never told by my parents that this or that is true, they kinda let me decide for myself. When I was very little, like 5 years old, I thought there might be a god because that's what someone had told me, but I mean, I was way too young to even comprehend the concept of faith. A few years later when I understood more about that kinda stuff I just realized it wasn't for me.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:36 am

I think faith and religion are deeply personal and it's not for me to decide or judge what other people believe or don't believe. I just know for me, I can feel in my heart and soul that God exists. I can't really explain it, it's just that I know God is always there. Does that sound weird?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:39 am

I'm in a " Christian" family, grew up in it, my mom is die hard serious on that stuff. I just don't really care much for religion. I think there most likely is a god, because when you just look at the universe and how complex it is, its just unthinkable.

*The following is just religions in general*

I think religion is nice, most religions have the same principle, be good to everyone, do onto others ect. So as a guide on how to live your life I agree with most/all. But when you get down to all the other stuff religions do, war in gods name/ gods on our side, rituals, and belief that the other religions are wrong, and theirs is right, is what makes me not want to be a part of it.

I think if it works for others, great, I'm happy that it gives people comfort.

Maybe one day I'll find a religion, but I honestly just don't care right now.

Last edited by Debonair on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:40 am

I think faith and religion are deeply personal and it's not for me to decide or judge what other people believe or don't believe. I just know for me, I can feel in my heart and soul that God exists. I can't really explain it, it's just that I know God is always there. Does that sound weird?
No, that makes perfect sense, and I agree with you. Religion is something that should be kept personal.

The reason why I'm asking is because I've come across a number of videos where religious people try to enter the scientific debate, posing their beliefs as facts, which I think is wrong. Science and religion should be kept separate as they are two different concepts entirely.

I'd really want to be religious just for a day to know what it's like, haha. Like, have sincere and strong faith. I'm so curious.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:53 am

Interesting thoughts on the subject, Debonair. I think I get what you are saying about organized religion and stuff. I don't agree with the whole "war in God's name, God on our side" thing like you mentioned. That was a really good point that you brought up. I don't think God wants anyone to be at war with anyone else, so a war in His name is just wrong. There are a lot of different rituals and rules associated with various religions that can be kind of out there (or really out there!) and turn people off, but that's not what it's about to me. What I find important in my life is faith. Not necessarily going to church to worship and pray with other people every Sunday, or taking the Bible literally word for word, but having faith in God and trying to live my life the way I think He wants me to. I'm nowhere near perfect of course, but I just try to be a good person. Does any of this make any sense?

By the way, I think it's extremely cool that we are even having this conversation at all. Look, John, the Spam thread is growing up and getting all philosophical! Wink
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 am

Harbortown wrote:
No, that makes perfect sense, and I agree with you. Religion is something that should be kept personal.

The reason why I'm asking is because I've come across a number of videos where religious people try to enter the scientific debate, posing their beliefs as facts, which I think is wrong. Science and religion should be kept separate as they are two different concepts entirely.

I'd really want to be religious just for a day to know what it's like, haha. Like, have sincere and strong faith. I'm so curious.

Good point about keeping science and religion separate! So many people can't do that, and I think you are totally right. Faith in God has nothing to do with scientific facts. I'm sure there are a million people who would attack me for making that statement, but that's what I believe.

Have you ever studied religion, John? I have learned a little about many different religions over the years and it can be pretty interesting. You never know what the future holds, you may end up with a really strong faith one day. My advice is just to stay open minded. My cousin, who has no religion and doesn't really know what she believes in, and I have had many talks like this before. It's good to hear where other people are coming from sometimes, no matter where you stand on the issue.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:02 am

Yeah, you make perfect sense

And you got what I ment pretty much word for word.

Its awesome we could have this discussion with out a problem,. Usually things like religion and politics cause a huge problem. Especially in family gatherings Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:05 am

Harbortown wrote:

Good point about keeping science and religion separate! So many people can't do that, and I think you are totally right. Faith in God has nothing to do with scientific facts. I'm sure there are a million people who would attack me for making that statement, but that's what I believe.

Have you ever studied religion, John? I have learned a little about many different religions over the years and it can be pretty interesting. You never know what the future holds, you may end up with a really strong faith one day. My advice is just to stay open minded. My cousin, who has no religion and doesn't really know what she believes in, and I have had many talks like this before. It's good to hear where other people are coming from sometimes, no matter where you stand on the issue.
That's a refreshing thing to hear coming from a religious person, really. Right on!

Yeah I've studied religion, ever since I was a kid. Always used to read books about mythology, and as I grew older I read about the different abrahamic religions, nature religions etc. I just can not bring myself to believe in something that has not been proven. Except for ghosts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next