DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World

Go down 
+3
plugga
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
7 posters
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Empty
PostSubject: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:05 am

I know there is a really old thread about the top five groups that were most influential in punk, but I thought we could start one about music in general. Who do you think changed the face of music? Here are my picks:

1. Bob Dylan
2. The Beatles
3. The Who
4. The Ramones
5. Nirvana

Not necessarily my top five favorites ever (except for Dylan who is my all time favorite!), but I give credit where credit is due.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:40 am

Wow. I think I completely agree with you. Really hard question but maybe I would come up with those also...

Last edited by Sami on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:49 am

I know, it is hard to pick just a few when there have been so many revolutionary artists in music history. I also wanted to include Elvis Presley, Led Zeppelin, The Clash, The Stones, even The Knack (don't laugh!) because they played a big part in ending disco and bringing New Wave into the world with My Sharona, but I didn't want to get carried away. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:19 pm

1. Limp Bizkit
2. Europe
3. The Bee Gees
4. Ted Nugent
5. Günther
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:19 pm

It was a tough pick but I think I nailed it.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:47 pm

oh my god one of my friends at university used to play gunther at illegal volums EVERY. FREAKING. DAY last year. EVERY. FREAKING. DAY.
everyone on the freaking floor could hear it.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Harbortown, I think you need to get your hearing checked. Wink
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:30 pm

I would put Springsteen up there...He was one of the first to own his own music, and look what else he did inthe 70's
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Although Bruce Springsteen obviously is one of the greats, I wouldn't really say he changed the music world.

Sure, he's had a huge inspiration on many but I don't think he revolutionized anything in the same way that, say, Nirvana and The Beatles did.

That's part of his appeal, though. He's just a regular guy.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Although Bruce Springsteen obviously is one of the greats, I wouldn't really say he changed the music world.

Sure, he's had a huge inspiration on many but I don't think he revolutionized anything in the same way that, say, Nirvana and The Beatles did.

That's part of his appeal, though. He's just a regular guy.

I would have to agree. That's why he didn't end up on my list, although he's one of my all-time favorites, for sure.
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:04 pm

sex pistols
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Bieber.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Bieber10
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Oh my gosh, that was so funny! I think I love the ghost of Kurt Cobain.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:02 pm

The Clash, Queen, Michael Jackson, Nirvana, Bob Marley, Elvis, Judas Priest, Led Zep, The Beatles...for a few..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:54 pm

And of course theres bans like The Velvet Underground, Stooges and The Replacements. Sold very few record, but those who heard them, formed a band. Many great bands.
Back to top Go down
Tiffany
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Tiffany

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Minor Threat, The Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, The Runaways, Misfits
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:22 am

Tiffany wrote:
Minor Threat, The Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, The Runaways, Misfits

The Runaways was a good choice. I kind of wish I would have thought of them. As the first all girl rock band, they definitely fit the category. Plus, it's where Joan Jett got her start!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World   Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands/Artists That Changed the Music World
Page 1 of 1