DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Song ranking Elsie

Go down 
+42
angryjohnny27
magnificentdreamer
StitchesOnTheRadio
kappanera
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Anya_TGA
Unorthadox1080
Yozzy
TGAFAN25
Jack
EveryLittleSecret
Philo
HighLonesome
TGAforLIFE
jzancan
Harbortown
Ghost
JukeboxJuliet
frecklemooey
JJW319
Matilda Noir
chickenman
moosicmaniac
MxBx!
Christophe
The Angry Johnny Revue
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
IrishNameAndAnInjury
40 Miler
nebraska
vamike
Prisoner
Jerseyrain
MKULTRA
StopAndSlideToTheRight
CluckyB
simo
brianisbae
carryon820
DeathoftheCool
Holland
enola
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
magnificentdreamer
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
magnificentdreamer

Song ranking Elsie - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Song ranking Elsie   Song ranking Elsie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:25 pm

1. Sugar
2. Behold the Hurricane
3. Blood Loss
4. Crush
5. Mary Ann
6. Black Betty & the Moon
7. I Believe Jesus Brought Us Together
8. Last Rites
9. Cherry Blossoms
10. Ladykiller
11. Go Tell Everybody
12. I Witnessed a Crime
Back to top Go down
angryjohnny27
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
angryjohnny27

PostSubject: Re: Song ranking Elsie   Song ranking Elsie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 2:58 pm

1. Sugar
2. Crush
3. Mary Ann
4. Ladykiller
5. I Witnessed a Crime
6. Black Betty & the Moon
7. Go Tell Everybody
8. Behold the Hurricane
9. I Believe Jesus Brought Us Together
10. Blood Loss
11. Last Rites
12. Cherry Blossoms
Back to top Go down
TheDTYP
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Song ranking Elsie   Song ranking Elsie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 11:45 pm

Oh dear this is a tough one...

1. Crush: To me, the undisputed champion of my album and one of my personal favorite songs... like ever. That last minute or so is flawless. No other way to describe it.
2. Behold the Hurricane: Great, catchy song with an awesome instrumental. It's a shame the boys don't release any instrumental tracks, wouldn't that be awesome?!
3. Ladykiller: Need. To. Learn. On. Guitar. IMMEDIATELY.
4. Go Tell Everybody: Despite the fact that this song follows me (Somehow plays on my newly shuffled playlist of 500+ songs at some point during every car ride) I haven't gotten sick of it yet. That says something about a song, no?
5. Sugar
6. Black Betty and the Moon
7. Cherry Blossoms: So depressing... But that's not always a bad thing... actually it is... but... HEY LOOK OVER THERE! *runs away*
8. Last Rights
9. Blood Loss
10. I Witnessed a Crime: So catchy! The beginning sounds like it would've been in a montage in a movie or something... Or at least that's the vibe I got
11. I Believe Jesus Brought Us Together
12. Mary Ann: Just because I think it's the worst on the album doesn't mean it's a bad song. It's definitely not Bri's strongest outing but it's definitely better than a lot of stuff I listen to!
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Song ranking Elsie   Song ranking Elsie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:10 pm

1. Everything
2. Cherry blossoms. It's just too.damn.sloooow

Seriously, my top favourite song is like a 6 way tie or something.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Song ranking Elsie   Song ranking Elsie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 3:08 pm

I tried the iTunes approach with a little bit of scrambling whenever I didn't like the outcome, hahah
First, I need to say that I think this album is FLAWLESS and just can't believe how good all songs are. That said, the fact that a song ranks last does not mean it's bad, like someone before me said.
I just wish Brian gave this another try and recorded another album with Ian, at least I know he's down to it.

Here it goes:

01. Sugar [the mocking lyrics are so good]
02. I Believe Jesus Brought Us Together
03. Crush [I think the fact that the lyrics are in part so simple only reinforces what he's trying to say with it]
04. Blood Loss [I love singing this song until my lungs are empty, there's so much sentiment in how he delivers it]
05. Cherry Blossoms [I completely LOVE this song, I even got cherry blossoms tattoos after I deeply understood it, I close my eyes and just see very singhe thing he sings, it's that good]
06. Black Betty And The Moon [I think this is enough of a reason: "And they want you to doubt every trust that you've known, and they wanna find the holes in the armor exposed, and they come on whispering 'if you just do this for me', and turn and show their teeth just before they're sinking in."]
07. Behold The Hurricane
08. Go Tell Everbody ["I just fell to pieces on the night that you said you were leaving"... oh-my-god, his writing is perfect and I'll probably say it in every single song entry]
09. Ladykiller
10. Mary Ann
11. I Witnessed A Crime
12. Last Rites [I love it, Brian's whispers here are perfect]
Back to top Go down
Trey810
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Song ranking Elsie   Song ranking Elsie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 6:56 pm

1. Ladykiller

2 Black Betty & the Moon

3. Blood Loss

4. Sugar

5. I Believe Jesus Brought Us Together

6. Mary Ann

7. Go Tell Everybody

8. Crush

9. Behold the Hurricane

10. I Witnessed a Crime

11. Cherry Blossoms

12. Last Rites