DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mary Ann

Go down 
AuthorMessage
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

Mary Ann Empty
PostSubject: Mary Ann   Mary Ann Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:50 am

"Whoa.
And we used the board that Phil Collins recorded β€œIn the Air Tonight.” Pretty cool.

Those are some good omens right there. So, did you find yourself wanting to do that awesome drum part from the Phil Collins song?
We actually did that drum part in the record. That was the only time I ever played drums in my life. It was a kit we built out of toms; they were old toms from the β€˜60s. I just pounded these toms around us, and we went [mimics the infamous beats from the song]. It sounds like garbage cans. But we did give a little nod to Collins."

From an AltPress Interview. I just realised that the drum tribute can be found in the final chorus on Mary Ann, around 2:20 into the track. Just thought it was worth sharing.
Back to top Go down

Mary Ann
Page 1 of 1