DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else?

Go down 
+3
loazis
Perry
Vibes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else? Empty
PostSubject: Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else?   Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 pm

I found myself singing the blues Mary over ladykiller. Anyone else pick up on the similarities?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Perry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else?   Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:52 pm

I atleast get some heavy This Charming Vibes from it, but yea I hear, The Blues Mary, in there aswell
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else?   Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Not at all actually.

I've tried singing over it but couldn't get it to sound even remotely compatible Razz
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else?   Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:57 pm

loazis wrote:
Not at all actually.

I've tried singing over it but couldn't get it to sound even remotely compatible Razz

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else?   Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Singing over? No. Having the chorus of song in my head after listening to the album and going "why does this part sound familiar? Oh yeah..."? Most certainly =)

Back to top Go down
spgilbert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else?   Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:14 pm

I don't really hear a lot of similarity, but I have noticed that Brian Fallon re-uses the same musical patterns over and over again. Alot of the music on 'The '59 Sound' re-uses the same pattern of notes, just in a different key and/or rhythm.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else?   Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:34 pm

sorry but i cant hear any similarity!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else?   Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladykiller sound like The Blues Mary to anyone else?
Page 1 of 1