DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?

Go down 
+3
riversedge
plugga
Joe Jack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe Jack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Joe Jack

Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:49 am

As the title states, I'm heading off Europe for a couple weeks of backpacking to prolong going back to school. I'm going with a friend and this is the first time travelling without my parents.

Here's the plan:
- Land in Frankfurt on the 31 and stay for 2 nights
- Go to Berlin from the 2nd to 5th
- Go to Nijmegen to see the Junip concert on the 6th (Might see some of you there?)..and will try to pick up THC red vinyl from a local store Very Happy
- Amsterdam for three days
- Go to Brugge for 2 days
- finishing off in Paris from the 12th-18th

We've already booked all the hostels so the general plan is pretty much set. I was hoping that some of you would be able to give me any tips for traveling through Europe, or anything notable to see or do at places we're going. Any last minute advice would be appreciated. Smile
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:14 pm

no tips but Amsterdam and Belgium have the BEST fries. Just though I should say that. hahaha
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:30 pm

Remember your tickets.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:41 pm

I lived in Nijmegen for a year but I did too few things back then to be able to supply you with tips or spots to check out or whatever. I don't come in Amsterdam too often, I live closer to Brugge for that matter ^^

You picked some fine cities to visit though, have fun :]
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:14 pm

i love paris! the first concert i ever went to was in paris Smile don't forget to eat croissants and pan au chocolat!
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:18 pm

plugga wrote:
no tips but Amsterdam and Belgium have the BEST fries. Just though I should say that. hahaha

I'm half belgian (: The fries are good, but the waffles are insane!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:21 pm

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
plugga wrote:

Belgium has great food even though they put crazy amount of butter in everything hahaha
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:28 pm

plugga wrote:
plugga wrote:

Belgium has great food even though they put crazy amount of butter in everything hahaha

Sausages, beer, chocolate, fries, mayonnaise, waffles! All the best things in life.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:55 pm

plugga wrote:
plugga wrote:

Sausages, beer, chocolate, fries, mayonnaise, waffles! All the best things in life.

also cherry beer. I don't drink beer but I liked that one (probably because it didn't taste like beer at all)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Come pick me up on the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:17 pm

plugga wrote:
plugga wrote:
plugga wrote:

also cherry beer. I don't drink beer but I liked that one (probably because it didn't taste like beer at all)

I was just on holiday in Hawaii, where you can get Passionfruit Beer. It's pleasure in a bottle.
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:31 pm

When you get to Nijmegen try to find this recordstore called De Waaghals. When you're in the citycentre get to the old marketsquare. When you get there you'll see a really old building, there's a small alley on the left side of it. On the leftside of that alley you'll find this recordstore. The might sell Elsie since it is an indipendent recordstore. If they don't sell it you might try Kroese (another recordstore) which is located at one end of the main shopping street across the street of some shitty bars).

Well after writing all of this I figured I just might have a look at the stores websites. De Waaghals' website doesn't mention Elsie. But at Kroese's website there is the possibility to pre-order Elsie. That won't mean they actually sell it in the store since the don't sell a lot of vinyl instore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?   Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaving for Europe Tomorrow..any advice?
Page 1 of 1